Balderstons... top dealer!

adamski49

Reaction score
I just had a 24k service (the biggy with the fuel filter change) on my S today... grand sum £401.60 incl VAT...seems pricey until you take into account that this included a new front tyre that was supplied and fitted for £112* making the service itself £290

Thought I'd post this as I seem to keep reading about people paying way over the odds for a service elsewhere. If you can get to Peterborough it's well worth your while.

Oh, and did I mention the free loan bike?

Here's to Balderstons :beerjug:

Cheers

Adam :)

* Yes, I could have saved myself £25 by taking the wheel to my local tyre fitter but my lazy ass and convenience took over.

They did my service just before I took the bike for some serious abuse in the Arctic, now, a month later it's due its next service.

I never needed to check a thing, petrol in the tank and that was that. I did keep an eye on the oil but didn't even need to top that up.

So a big thank you to Balderstons and when can you fit me in for service? :D

schiannini said:
when can you fit me in for service? :D
the wait at present is about 3 weeks...and that was phoning them from the Netherlands last tuesday... i only use Balderstons and have had nothing but excellent service from them in the past...however..it would have been nice to have Greg sorted before Princetown......

If you can get to Peterborough it's well worth your while.

I shopped quite a few dealers before I purchased my 1150 GS Adventure. Each salesperson from each dealership had to withstand a withering barrage of my beginner's questions. Predictably I guess, most couldn't take it. Invariably, I'd be given the cold shoulder and the "come back to us when you're ready to buy and you've had some other tosser answer your endless annoying questions" attitude.

Sorry boys; this is my first bike ever, --a huge purchase, ...and maybe, just maybe I'm scared shitless of accidentally buying myself a "hole in the road to pour money away down". Well, I may be green, ...but so is my money (does this expression make any sense outside of the USA?). If I don't ask, I'm sure I can't expect to learn. So he who has time to teach me gets a crack at the sale at the end of the rainbow. Isn't that what salespeople are supposed to want? Seems like it would be simple math. But too many dealerships didn't seem to be able to be bothered.

Enter Balderstons. An hour and a half north of my London address.

I struck out for the place early one Saturday AM in August, via rail, to check out a 2002 GSA that spec'd out OK for me on the net. Balderstons salesperson TJ Skrobot personally picked me up at the Peterborough station, and drove me to their BMW dealership. So far, so excellent. But this being Saturday, and TJ preparing to commence his family summer holiday at the conclusion of that same workday, I thought I'd have about a snowball's chance in hell of getting the slightest degree of attention from this busy BMW dealership. Mr. Skrobot, however, sat with me literally all day, and courteously, patiently, good-naturedly answered every single one of the billion nervous deer-in-the-headlights questions I had for him about the bike. To my own shame, I didn't come to a decision on the bike until 5 PM that day! But the Balderstons team never showed the slightest degree of impatience with me during my entire tedious day-long deliberation.

It's a f*@&):!n' good thing the bike was cherry! People, I was chuffed to bits to be able to reward Balderstons for their helpfulness --with a big fat sale! And my reward for my excessively thorough purchase-process/torture Q & A?: a big fat pig of a GS Adventure which has been a joy to ride, and (touch wood) anything BUT a headache so far.

I second the motion; Balderstons is the best!!!

Frank Gresham

Back
Top Bottom