Bikesafe 2011

Just it is easier to justify £20 to the bank manager ;)

Is it frowned upon going to another forces bike safe ?

With the cost of fuel to get there and back are you gonna save much, you sound like my Mum, she will burn £5 of fuel to buy 50 litres at tuppence a litre cheaper :blast

My force don't run them (would rather save all motorcyclists from themselves by banning them all for speeding - although at this time of year they are saving livers by nicking everyone leaving the pub for being drunk and disorderly)

Oh no I am drifting :topic into another rant on the Fascist state I live in.

More thinking nice ride to place getting warmed up and touring roads I don't know. Rather use the money to ride than pay extra to the local police force.

I live in the same fascist state as Rasher ,but i have managed to avoid getting caught out for any misdemeanours yet, I have obviously been very lucky or perhaps I stay in too much. I try to do a bikesafe event every year and find them useful at reminding me how crap I am at my hobby,even though each year I seem to get a better report so obv1iously I must be learning something. Maybe I shall join you other guys in May and make it a full house of tossers .

My force don't run them (would rather save all motorcyclists from themselves by banning them all for speeding .....

Which is a better way of reducing KSI's on the road - education or enforcement?

I'm afraid it's the usual clash of minds between the people that manage and the practitioners.

We are not running bikesafe this year, and that's a management decision. I guess budgets and finances have played their part.

Funny how so many riders will pay £125 for a track day and use up £20 of fuel £100 worth of rubber, many resorting to hiring vans for the day and / or a Hotel the night before.

I always reckoned on the average cost of a track day being well over £150 when I had my Thundercat and I could eek 3 days out of a set of tyres and was happy to ride to events if I could not blag a lift from a van-equipped mate.

At £100 these courses would be fair value, £20 barely gets you a pub lunch these days!

I'm just looking at it as a way to meet some new peeps and to learn a bit at the same time.

I did ROSPA Gold in my car and have managed to keep practising with it as I used to travel 60k per year.

I have not done anywhere near that amount of mileage on a bike even since I started riding and am looking forward to do more training.

After all all the MEWPS and forklift courses we do are re-assesed every 3 years. Why not our driving and riding too?

Tom

I've been reading the previous posts and have to say Bikesafe is excellent.
Myself and a friend did a weekend course with Warwickshire force last year and I think it cost about £50-£60 for both days and they gave us lunch :thumb
There isn't a Bikesafe in Northampton so this seemed to be close and we got their info from BMF show in Peterboro.

To be honest if it had been £50 per day it would have been well worth it.
I mean, being trained and taking advice all day from a Police rider (who really are the best you're going to get on a bike) is money well spent.

We had a glorious weekend riding around Warks, cotswolds etc. It really was good.
Once you get used to seeing a copper right behind you and learn to relax it's a great way to learn. :D
Anybody thinking of doing it, just book it you won't regret it.
At the end of the day they are human and just want to give advice to make novices like me a bit safer and more confident.

:beerjug:
JJ

I did one 18 months ago on my Transalp and learned a lot, it helped as I had only been back on a bike for a couple of years.

Im coming too !! Looks like there will be a lot of tossers out and about in Gloucester in May.

Back
Top Bottom