New Desert Suit

What's the overall quality and feel of the jacket.

I believe it's China- manufactured.. but Italian designed, so assume the quality should be decent.

Doberman, we have 3XL in stock but I suggest you get down quick as it's the only one left. New stock is not available until end of February.

Goose, quality is good. It's a desert suit similar in design to the BMW rally suit, but at budget pricing. I'd say quality far surpasses the price tag on this suit, but I'll let others that have seen/bought it be the judge. Drop me a line if you want any more detailed info...

Cheers

Doberman, we have 3XL in stock but I suggest you get down quick as it's the only one left. New stock is not available until end of February.

Goose, quality is good. It's a desert suit similar in design to the BMW rally suit, but at budget pricing. I'd say quality far surpasses the price tag on this suit, but I'll let others that have seen/bought it be the judge. Drop me a line if you want any more detailed info...

Cheers

Stevie - anyone got one of these suits close to Bromley, Kent area where I can have a looksee next week....? :augie

Hi all, just trying to get a nice pair of do everything trousers. Has anyone got any feedback on these trousers? I am looking for well vented kit, and it appears from photo that it has just a fold up triangle for airflow. Or am I mistaken? Also, has anyone used the trousers in heat (london type weather this week - 25C) . Does the vent patch catch air and force it through like some trousers do with the vents on the outside of the thigh? Is it mesh lined or Poly etc? Very keen to know. Thanks

Anybody actually bought this kit?

Is it waterproof. What is the makeup of the waterproof layer. Goretex or shelltex or someother tex?

Is it cool on hot days?

Does it last?

How robust are the zips?

I would like to buy a new jacket and trousers next month and really don't want to pay BMW prices. But I will if its the only thing that gives me good UK wet weather coverage.

BMW kit is far from the only thing that will give you good wet weather coverage. I've no idea about these suits, but Hein Gericke have a LOT of kit in, and seem to have a lot of sales on.

I have an Explorer in blue / black. Cost £500 for both parts, and after 8000 miles through summer and winter, from UK to Italy and back, I can't really fault it. Could be a little cooler on the hot days, but certainly couldn't get any more waterproof.

9/10 from me.

BMW kit is far from the only thing that will give you good wet weather coverage. I've no idea about these suits, but Hein Gericke have a LOT of kit in, and seem to have a lot of sales on.

I have an Explorer in blue / black. Cost £500 for both parts, and after 8000 miles through summer and winter, from UK to Italy and back, I can't really fault it. Could be a little cooler on the hot days, but certainly couldn't get any more waterproof.

9/10 from me.

Just had a web look at the explorer and it seems like a good deal. I shall get over to HG and have a look one.

Goretex is the way to go for this country. Everytime I go out it seems to rain.

If I ever get the chance to run around some hot countries then I would need to reconsider the clothing but thats a long way off. I'm thinking about another wet winter in the UK.

Had a look at the Explorer which does seem good but limited sizes left now. None that fit me anyway.

Stevie73. Do you allow returns if I am not happy with the Desert suit for some reason. Manchester is a long way to go to try a suit on.

Hi,

I have bought it directly from the OJ Official Dealer to test it's quality...

It's VERY GOOD!!!

No water in, very comfortable, the look you have seen it on the OJ site, I recommend and I liked it so much that I'm representing this 10 years old brand in Portugal, you can take a look at www.g2r.pt!

Oj Atmosfere Metropolitane has two main products, scooter and touring, take a look at www.ojatmosferemetropolitane.com or http://www.ojatmosferemetropolitane.com/download/OJ_catalogo.pdf On line catalog.

I have borrowed a Desert Kit to my friend Luís Cabrit to test it on a 10 days Morocco trip and when he arrived...He bought it!!!

YZjjbhrq3RGRlZ6klEoncONpWZpWm3GT5vIcLPSMhb4

Cheers,

I might well have bought it too as it looked awesome but 2 e mails to a dealer and still a reply to be had put me off! And that was writing to the original address found somewhere on this thread/site etc. So I bought Halvarrsonns and have not looked back. So vented and waterproof. I have yet to even put the inner warm lining back in as nit needed. Very w proof, and tough. I wont go back to an over priced BMW one now...

I might well have bought it too as it looked awesome but 2 e mails to a dealer and still a reply to be had put me off! And that was writing to the original address found somewhere on this thread/site etc. So I bought Halvarrsonns and have not looked back. So vented and waterproof. I have yet to even put the inner warm lining back in as nit needed. Very w proof, and tough. I wont go back to an over priced BMW one now...

There were 2 companies we specifically went to visit at EICMA - one being OJ Atmosphere where I'd set up a meeting with Max (co-owner) for distribution of their clothing in SA.
The Desert suits appealed to me for the hot SA climates and demanding riding. We also looked at a few other manufacturers but found that OJ's clothing were indeed really good. The finishing of the product was great (even though the kit is China-made)

:thumb

Attachments

• P1020036.jpg
    P1020036.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 176
  • P1020037.jpg
    P1020037.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 167
  • P1020038.jpg
    P1020038.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 160
  • P1020039.jpg
    P1020039.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 160
  • P1020040.jpg
    P1020040.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 171
Double tit popper on jacket front vent

No one can sell you a tool in the UK to put the "spare" (in plastic bag with suit) on the jacket when the popper falls out.
My jacket went back to Italy to get fixed and took over 4 months.

Otherwise great jacket and trousers, worked well in Turkey with their heat.
Still warm in city traffic, such as Istanbull in rush hour traffic.

I would still buy again, but poppers may not really need replacing as the waterproof layer is seperate behind outer jacket.

There were 2 companies we specifically went to visit at EICMA - one being OJ Atmosphere where I'd set up a meeting with Max (co-owner) for distribution of their clothing in SA.
The Desert suits appealed to me for the hot SA climates and demanding riding. We also looked at a few other manufacturers but found that OJ's clothing were indeed really good. The finishing of the product was great (even though the kit is China-made)

:thumb

It works fine in hot and in cold weather...And rain :thumb

The "other" suits might look better, might feel better warmer dryer...etc etc...

But the relation price quality of ALL th OJ products seems to me unbeatable!

Back
Top Bottom