Afghan Heroes Mothers' Day run - 3 April 2011

Sorry about the break up of the group after coming out of Wootton. Was going to use a marker to man the exit of the big R/B but when I looked around there was nobody there and could not stop myself due to traffic.
Anyhow, about 7 of us made it to the Hilton hotel RV point. Waited a while and then went off for lunch. Food was nice at the Red Lion :augie

Thanks for all the thanks chaps :thumb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12951170
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...otton_Bassett_In_Aid_Of_Afghan_Heroes_Charity

Great support for a very worthy cause. :bow

Good to meet some Tossers and put faces to names of like-minded people. - Nigel and I think your a friendly and jovial bunch.

We're looking forward to Nomads Kent Camp at the end of this month.

As Mike said, it is a very humbling and moving experience being greeted by people at the roadside along the route and those lovely and supportive people of Wootton Bassett.

Thanks to Joe for his work in organising and leading the group and Mike for getting this going by starting this thread. :thumb2 :thumb2

My Cod & Chips at The Red Lion was delicious apart from the several small bones I almost choked on. Dave's burger looked quality. :drool

Excellent ride home on superb roads.

Great day had by all I sure.

Richard.

Great support for a very worthy cause. :bow

Good to meet some Tossers and put faces to names of like-minded people. - Nigel and I think your a friendly and jovial bunch.

We're looking forward to Nomads Kent Camp at the end of this month.

As Mike said, it is a very humbling and moving experience being greeted by people at the roadside along the route and those lovely and supportive people of Wootton Bassett.

Thanks to Joe for his work in organising and leading the group and Mike for getting this going by starting this thread. :thumb2 :thumb2

My Cod & Chips at The Red Lion was delicious apart from the several small bones I almost choked on. Dave's burger looked quality. :drool

Excellent ride home on superb roads.

Great day had by all I sure.

Richard.

I seconded that.

This was my first ride with the UKGSer site and it was a great day. Thank you once again Joe for leading and showing me on how my tom tom can simply transfer routes via bluetooth :comfort
Also my thanks to Mike for starting the idea and thread in the first place:thumb

It is worth noting 'ere guys that after having had approx 16 UKGSer riders at the start of the ride to Wooten Bassett, there was only orginally four of us that made it to Newlands:eek: Unfortunatly for me, included in that number was my mate Paul, who had the black KTM adventure:augie Yes you can all guess his delight with that fact:D:D

Joking aside aside I fully realised that it was a bomb burst after going through Wooten Bassett:thumb

A few photos that I managed to take....

Great day & great company....

Graeme ;)

Joes better side talking to Nigel :D

DSC01844.jpg

DSC01842.jpg

There was one Kent run today from Ultracycles near Brands to Ashford.

There is the summer one that is on August 14th.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=177739345574750

or

<TABLE class="uiInfoTable mvm profileInfoTable"><TBODY><TR><TD class=data>Back by popular demand and a huge success last year, a second charity motorcycle ride in aid of Afghan Heroes (soon to be known as True Heroes) will be travelling from Dartford to Ramsgate on Sunday 14th August 2011. The cost will be £5 per person (which will include a free wristband or lanyard) and the ride will set off at 11:00am.

Meeting.... to be announced

To

The Spitfire & Hurricane memorial building, Manston Rd, Ramsgate, Kent. CT12 5DF.

Refreshments, food,stalls and a fab raffle at Manston Airport.

Please wear something cammo to show support for our troops. Flags optional. ( flags will be on sale before the run,so pack your tent poles and gaffa tape!)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Glad you all had a good run. My group on the 1100-1200 run had a load of dropouts due to the Ultracycles run so only me and my brother went to WB.

blimey

"There was one Kent run today from Ultracycles near Brands to Ashford".

Did they take tents,sleeeping bags and flasks of tea? in order to recover from the vibes of the harleys,they probably needed a good nights rest to ride home next day...:augie .
I sometimes ride to Ashford for a paper and some tea bags...

Thanks JoeC

Guys,

Thanks for a good day out, it was my first organised ride out and I thought it was great, nice to put some faces to names and meet new people.

Joe, thanks for all the hard work in planning the route, it ran like clockwork!

Look forward to the next one! :thumb2

Photo's.....#1

Only a few pics, but here they are....

Attachments

• KB hat 2.jpg
    KB hat 2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 38
  • P1040605.JPG
    P1040605.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 37
  • P1040606.JPG
    P1040606.JPG