Afghan Heroes Mothers' Day run - 3 April 2011

Right - booked for the 09.00 - 10.00 slot

Oakdene @ 06.00!! Feck me, early night on the Sat then....:eek:

Must have time for a breakfast roll....must eat!!

Right - booked for the 09.00 - 10.00 slot

Oakdene @ 06.00!! Feck me, early night on the Sat then....:eek:

Must have time for a breakfast roll....must eat!!

Even the Oaldead can nock yup a full English in 30 minutes, Just.

Plans are confirmed :

• Book yourself on the 09:00-10:00 slot
  • Meet @ Oakdene Cafe ready to leave at about 06:30

Anybody else please confirm your interest.

Are we placing the route mastering in your most capables Joe?? :thumb2

Are we placing the route mastering in your most capables Joe?? :thumb2

Trip down will be boring M/ways, with some picks up I hope.

Joec is going to sort a route out for the trip back which will be much more fun, as always.:D:D

Not having attended the Wootton Bassett ride before, what happens after the procession has started and you have ridden through Wootton? Do you then just do your own thing or are you directed to anywhere in particular to congregate?

Not having attended the Wootton Bassett ride before, what happens after the procession has started and you have ridden through Wootton? Do you then just do your own thing or are you directed to anywhere in particular to congregate?

A simple one to answer, ride through Wootton and turn right at the end of the High Street, from that moment you make your own way back.

So we may need a point to all meet up, so we can all ride back as one as we may get split up.

Route THERE - about 3 hrs with a couple of pee stops, collect people along way (if required) on M25/M4.

Route BACK - about 4-5 hrs plus breaks/food/fuel along A roads.
Still working on the return route.

Route THERE - about 3 hrs with a couple of pee stops, collect people along way (if required) on M25/M4.

Route BACK - about 4-5 hrs plus breaks/food/fuel along A roads.
Still working on the return route.

Nicely done senor :JB

Names so far :

Meeting at the Oakdene for 06:30 departure :
  • MGJ
  • Keith Bouncer
  • JoeC
  • Nomad Biker and better half
  • Harlequin
  • dvcress
Picking up along the way :
  • a485gag - meet on route - place/time TBC

Route there -
M25 & M4. 132 miles - approx 2hrs with no breaks (as per Google). See 'Picking up along the way'.

Return route -
A4361, A4, A339, A287, A31 and A25. 123 miles - approx 4hrs with no breaks (as per Google).
Stop off at a local pub near to Wootton Bassett for something to eat, then a quick break at Newlands Corner finishing at Oakdene.

Let me know if anybody else wishes to join in or is now no longer going.
Have you all booked your time slot (09:00-10:00) for the run through Wootton Bassett? No need to respond - just a reminder.

should be a cracking day out, and will be good to support the lads and their families.

All paid up, and 'looking forward ' to the 6.30 start! :blast

Thanks for organising......! :clap

my record from crowborough to Oakdene is 35 mins, so that might be under test......... or get up a bit earlier..........

Gawd i cant wait for the spring...........:beerjug:

Names so far :

Meeting at the Oakdene for 06:30 departure :
  • MGJ
  • Keith Bouncer
  • JoeC
  • Nomad Biker and better half
  • Harlequin
  • dvcress
Picking up along the way :
  • a485gag - meet on route - place/time TBC

Route there -
M25 & M4. 132 miles - approx 2hrs with no breaks (as per Google). See 'Picking up along the way'.

Return route -
A4361, A4, A339, A287, A31 and A25. 123 miles - approx 4hrs with no breaks (as per Google).
Stop off at a local pub near to Wootton Bassett for something to eat, then a quick break at Newlands Corner finishing at Oakdene.

Let me know if anybody else wishes to join in or is now no longer going.
Have you all booked your time slot (09:00-10:00) for the run through Wootton Bassett? No need to respond - just a reminder.

Nicely done Joe; am booked & paid for the time slot, and am so looking forward to getting up @ 04.30 on a Sunday morning.....I will need to eat @ the Oakdene first, indigestion or not!! :D

Hi all,

Firstly happy new year!

Three more tossers are joining you, think there may be some PM's but unsure of who Dean has PM'd

Graeme, I live in Horsham so I could meet you at Crawley on route up then

we'll pick up our third somewhere near JN10 M25.

Were in the slot after you but it would be good to go up in a bit of a group!!

Sid :beer::beer:

Back
Top Bottom