Afghan Heroes Mothers' Day run - 3 April 2011

Hi all,

Firstly happy new year!

Three more tossers are joining you, think there may be some PM's but unsure of who Dean has PM'd

Graeme, I live in Horsham so I could meet you at Crawley on route up then

we'll pick up our third somewhere near JN10 M25.

Were in the slot after you but it would be good to go up in a bit of a group!!

Sid :beer::beer:

We plan to pick up on route if that helps :D Please also note this is open to anyone who has a bike not just GSers.

Three more tossers are joining you, think there may be some PM's but unsure of who Dean has PM'd
Hi
Dean and myself have been PM'ing each other about where to meet along the route.
Thanks for the update - I will post a further complete list in a few weeks seeing as we have plenty of time and more people are joining.

Joe

Hi all,

Firstly happy new year!

Graeme, I live in Horsham so I could meet you at Crawley on route up then

we'll pick up our third somewhere near JN10 M25.

Were in the slot after you but it would be good to go up in a bit of a group!!

Sid :beer::beer:

Hi Sid,
Nice one :thumb

How about meeting on the A2011/Crawley Ave (06.30am) which is immediately prior to joining to the M23 junc 10, to which there is a side parking area? I will be with my mate, a Keith Shearwood, whom rides a Norton Commando 850, and myself on a BMW R1200GS.

I have already mailed JoeC to say that we will meet them on the junction of Fort Lane/Reigate Hill at 06.50am off Junc 8 of the M25.

I trust this can fit in with your timings ??

Rgds
Graeme ;)

Getting confused in my old age.
It was Graeme that I had been PM'ing and not Dean

However, see Graeme's update above about M25 J8 meet up.
The Oakdene group are hoping to meet up there at about 06:50 to pick up.

Sidpick ... will PM you.

Hi
Dean and myself have been PM'ing each other about where to meet along the route.
Thanks for the update - I will post a further complete list in a few weeks seeing as we have plenty of time and more people are joining.

Joe

Getting confused in my old age.
It was Graeme that I had been PM'ing and not Dean

However, see Graeme's update above about M25 J8 meet up.
The Oakdene group are hoping to meet up there at about 06:50 to pick up.

Sidpick ... will PM you.

Joe,
Old age aside :D - personally I am impressed on how far in advance you\we are all getting organised for this ride out .... :thumb

Graeme ;)

Thanks for your comment.

I find that the longer you have the more time you have to forget and hence rush things at the end.

Once I have a good enough number of who is attending then I can work out a pub that is big enough, and more importantly, willing to accommodate us for lunch.

Graeme, sounds good! be me and the mrs on my trusty 1150gs (well, hopefully the mrs, she doesn't know yet and a pre 0800 start may ruffle her feathers!)

In any case definately me. I know the spot so I'll see you there :beer::beer:

I've registered so I'll see you at the cafe. It will be a chance to try out my new sergeant seat.

Names so far :

Meeting at the Oakdene for 06:30 departure :

•MGJ (Mike)
•Keith Bouncer (Keith)
•JoeC (Joe)
•Nomad Biker (Paul) and better half (?)
•Harlequin (Mike)
•GS or Bust (Nigel)
•BeamerJon (Jon)​

Picking up M25 J8 (06:30 meet for 06:50 departure) :

•a485gag (Graeme)
•sidpick (Sid) and wife (?)
•friend of sidpick (?)​
Rolling pick up M25 J10 (no need to stop - sidpick to arrange) :

•friend of sidpick (Dar)​

Meeting up M4 Membury Services west bound BP fuel station :

•dvcress (Dave)​

Route there -
M25 & M4. 132 miles - approx 2hrs with no breaks (as per Google).
Fuel / pee stop on M4 Membury services BP fuel station (J14-15).

Return route -
Meet up at the Hilton Hotel car park over the M4 J16 flyover where we will then go via ...
B4005, A4361, A4, A339, A287, A31 and A25. 123 miles - approx 4hrs with no breaks (as per Google).
Stop off at a local pub a few miles outside of Wootton Bassett for something to eat, then a quick break at Newlands Corner finishing at Oakdene.
Fuel stop - somewhere along the route if required.

I will be using my Tom Tom and can bluetooth itinary routes across to other users on the day.
If anybody requires Garmin then PM me but I will need somebody to tidy up my conversion file. Any takers for this?

Let me know if anybody else wishes to join in or is now no longer going.

REMINDER : Have you booked your time slot (09:00-10:00)?
No need to respond - just a reminder.

•sidpick (Sid) and wife (?)
•friend of sidpick (?)

Rolling pick up M25 J10 (no need to stop - sidpick to arrange) :

•friend of sidpick (Dar)

Just me and Kiera at Crawley. Deano (dean2403) is going to meet the phase 1 crack BMW squad at oakdean, the rolling pickup is sorted

Above noted and will correct in a further update.

I'm bloody glad you know what's going on Joe...thank christ all I have to do is turn up, follow and nod my head to the block rocking beats in ma helmet!!!! :blast

Just a bump to put this thread at the top of the page, more the better. :D

Booked and paid for the 0900 - 1000hrs ride.
Three more attendees:-

Me aka RD - 2010 GSA. :ronno
Nigel - 2008 GS. :ronno
Andy (Nigel's brother) - 2007 Kawasaki Versys / Rice Burner....... :toungincheek :comfort

Ooops......... forgot to add:-

We will meet at M4 Membury services BP fuel station (J14-15), along with Dave (dvcress).

Back
Top Bottom