Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geraint Jones....................watch and learn

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Wink Geraint Jones....................watch and learn

Over 400cc KTM 2 Stroke & Drum brakes .................1984 Welsh 2 day - couple of good vids from one of Britain's best enduro riders, Geraint Jones

10 times British Champion - the DK of the 80's

Now boss of the Yamaha Offroad Experience - anything this man can't teach you about offroad...................ain't worth knowing

Lovely footage of some early classic enduro bikes, like PE Suzuki's/Yam IT's and Katooms

Look at the bars, pulled back and down...........................no 'now fashionable bar risers'............... in those days
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Anyone want to buy a Yamaha WR250?
    We should learn from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. [/I]

Great vids Johnny
    If only I was 30 years younger

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    "plenty of throttle" easy for him to say

been overtaken by him a couple of times in the welsh. it's still a mystery to me how i could be covered in crap, up to my axles in welsh bog, and he skims across the surface in virginal white riding gear

talent, i suppose

North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Feck me..... I've just had a flashback....!!!
    Brilliant films.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    "plenty of throttle" easy for him to say

been overtaken by him a couple of times in the welsh. it's still a mystery to me how i could be covered in crap, up to my axles in welsh bog, and he skims across the surface in virginal white riding gear

talent, i suppose
    I remember riding those bikes - PE's and I had a Yam IT250H................we would think they were unrideable now - they were full on 2stroke madness - powerband came in like greased lightening

In the clip shot of Vid2, the bars are nearly down to his knees - like cowhorns

Me too, they made it look easy - hours of practice, very strong & fit chaps and oodles of natural talent and ability, whilst we struggled on
    JohnnyBoxer

yep, I had an IT250H, also a CR250 with light kit on it (nail) and a real nice bike used at 17 was a DT175MX in cemoto enduro trim.
    I wish I still had any one of them......

Timpo.

Quote Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
    yep, I had an IT250H, also a CR250 with light kit on it (nail) and a real nice bike used at 17 was a DT175MX in cemoto enduro trim.
    I wish I still had any one of them......

Timpo.
    Snap.... I had a IT250H, after a DT125MX at college, followed by a DT175MX a few years later - used to think the DT's were fast, but maybe not nowadays

Once blew the baffles clean out of a FRESCO tailpipe (they cried enough),cracking a ton on the IT on the Kingsteignton bypass

My favourite was this though .........................never owned one, but had a loan of one for a weekend from TVM Yamaha - should have bought one, they were less than £1500 back then

Like a HP2e today for exclusivity and they were only marketed by Mitsui Yamaha for 1 or 2 years in the white trim
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    JohnnyBoxer

Cheney Yamaha......?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Over 400cc KTM 2 Stroke & Drum brakes .................1984 Welsh 2 day - couple of good vids from one of Britain's best enduro riders, Geraint Jones

10 times British Champion - the DK of the 80's

Now boss of the Yamaha Offroad Experience - anything this man can't teach you about offroad...................ain't worth knowing

Lovely footage of some early classic enduro bikes, like PE Suzuki's/Yam IT's and Katooms

Look at the bars, pulled back and down...........................no 'now fashionable bar risers'............... in those days
    did he win a world title?
    Fake friends are no different than shadows, they stick around during your brightest moments, but disappear during your darkest hours

Quote Originally Posted by degsey View Post
    did he win a world title?
    A bit quicker that you rolling around the mud on your old PE and KDX

Fantastic clips
    KEA

I'm sure RickA and John Mills would of been doing the events shown....?

I'm sure RickA and John Mills would of been doing the events shown....?
    I'll watch them again and see if I can spot Rick in a puddle or up a tree
    KEA

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    ......up a tree
    You've got some neck Timmy......

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Cheney Yamaha......?
    Nearly

The white one is more or less original (wrong front guard)..............yellow one is in USA spec (later famed as Kenny Roberts colours)

It's a Yamaha HL500, originally built by Hallman in Sweden, as special, for Bengt Aberg to ride with a TT500 race built motor

Yamaha loved it as it was successful, a competitior to the CCM 441 (Victor engined)

They commissioned it into their model line-up for a couple of years - it was ultra-exotic in it's day - with loads of Ti and magnesium
    JohnnyBoxer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast