Discounted Group Buy - Mudsling Alternative

Hi Val,

I've just found this thread and would be interested in buying a rear splash guard. Is it too late to ask for one?

Cheers, Steve

Steve email me at valatlmc@hotmail.co.uk and I'll give you the details.

I'll hopfully be placing the order on Friday, just a couple of things to confirm first.

Val.

The Order Is In.

Ok folks I've now placed an order for Splash Guards. :thumb2

Thank you to all those who have helped to make it possible. :bow

I'm waiting for the payment details, which I should get tomorrow. Delivery time is about a week, with just the customs clearance before delivery to me.

I'll let you all know when I have them and when you can expected delivery to your door.

Val.

PS: There will be more available to new buyers, both for the 1200 and the 650/850s. I'll place an add in the Vendors section when I have worked out the price.

Thanks

Great news Val

I am getting really fed upwith all the crap covering my legs and boots - cant be doing the shock any good either. Look forward to hearing from you when they arrive and thanks again for organising.:clap

Cheers

Simon E

The myth and reality of product development

Why does a MudSling cost what it does, or any product for that matter? Certainly the material can't cost
more than a few pence you may say. I hear this often enough to warrant a brief education about what it
takes to bring any product to market.

The price of a product reflects the cost of many things unseen by the consumer: the months it took to
conceive of and develop it, the trial and error of multiple prototypes made in the course of getting it to fit
and look right; the cost of tooling and parts moulding. Add to that the cost of fasteners, product
identification, instructions design, packaging, advertising, and the cost of transport from the factory to
distributors plus local taxes. The price you pay factors in all of that plus a reasonable profit margin for distributors
that handle sales in markets such as Europe, and the profit we need to make in order for the effort to have been
worthwhile in the first place.

In short, GS riders derive a value from the design of the MudSling because it solves a problem identified
by thousands of riders - the need to protect suspension and surrounding components from mud and rock
soiling and damage. What you pay for the product is not the material from which it is formed, but the
problem solving creativity and the months of effort spent by many people all along the development,
production, and distribution process to bring the product to market and, eventually, to you and your GS.
That, mates, is worth a lot more than a few pence.

When you buy a MudSling, feel good about supporting the company that brought it to you and know that it
helps foster new products from which you may benefit in the future.

In Europe, our products are distributed by Nippy Normans in the UK www.nippynormans.com.

Michael Martin
Sales Representative
Machineart Moto

Why does a MudSling cost what it does, or any product for that matter? Certainly the material can't cost
more than a few pence you may say. I hear this often enough to warrant a brief education about what it

The price of a product reflects the cost of many things unseen by the consumer: the months it took to
conceive of and develop it, the trial and error of multiple prototypes made in the course of getting it to fit
and look right; the cost of tooling and parts moulding. Add to that the cost of fasteners, product
identification, instructions design, packaging, advertising, and the cost of transport from the factory to
distributors plus local taxes. The price you pay factors in all of that plus a reasonable profit margin for distributors
that handle sales in markets such as Europe, and the profit we need to make in order for the effort to have been

In short, GS riders derive a value from the design of the MudSling because it solves a problem identified
by thousands of riders - the need to protect suspension and surrounding components from mud and rock
soiling and damage. What you pay for the product is not the material from which it is formed, but the
problem solving creativity and the months of effort spent by many people all along the development,
production, and distribution process to bring the product to market and, eventually, to you and your GS.

When you buy a MudSling, feel good about supporting the company that brought it to you and know that it

In Europe, our products are distributed by Nippy Normans in the UK www.nippynormans.com.

Michael Martin
Sales Representative
Machineart Moto

Same as Maier then eh! :thumb

Michael Martin
Sales Representative
Machineart Moto

Yep you're absolutely correct :thumb2 I've had to explain this concept many times.
Though sometimes the perceived profit is dictated by the market place the product is aimed at. IE the perceived willingness of the punter to shell out for over priced products simply because it is expected that they can afford it.

Same as Maier then eh! :thumb

Now here lies a controdiction to the above post.

First though you need to establish who originally came up with the idea, did the reasearch, the designe, testing, etc, etc.

You all know that the first didgital watches where very expensive. But as other companies started to make copies the price came down. No idea, No reasearch, No testing, get it?

Val.

PS: I will be making the payment to Maiers later today. Then we wait for the shippers to do their thing.

I'll keep you posted.

Val - I agree with you 100% - we have same issues here in SA and I have just been "told" by 2 manufacturers taht my 12v panels we designed is "too cheap" :blast ... but in my opinion, I'd rather sell a good product for a reaonable price, make less - but sell a lot, as more happy clients = more sales and more word-of-mouth advertising from actual users.

Already the blokes in SA are looking at making a - shall we call it "Mudprotector" and selling it for around 30 quid all in............. not bad considering it will also be made from their own moulded and formed shape & design?

Good work mate - keep it up........... just imagine if Mudsling was offered at a good , reasonable price.... your whole order could have been their product in stead of a competitor! :thumb

Stretchamus, the answer to your question, "Same as Maier then, eh?" The answer is No. They have no concept, they simply stole the design and are marketing it as their own. Compare the two and you will see.

Stretchamus, the answer to your question, "Same as Maier then, eh?" The answer is No. They have no concept, they simply stole the design and are marketing it as their own. Compare the two and you will see.

Maier are not alone in this I know of at least one other, but the Maier product is better priced.

It's interesting that you should come and defend your product in this thread. Did you really think that you would have an exclusive hold over this tiny part of the market?
Assuming of course that you actually came up with the idea in the first place. It's strange though that individuals have been offering copies of their rubber mat versions since 2004.

I can imagine (well actually I know) too that it's irritating to have a product that one has worked extensively to produce, copied and placed in direct competition at a price you you're self cannot compete with.
Does your product have a patent preventing this? It's very expensive to get patents and actually quite easy to get around them anyway.

Unfortunately for you but not the market in general other companies see your product and say to themselves "we could do that, there's money in it".
In the automotive trade is is common for a new part to be shown at a motor show and then copied 'sometimes even improved' and on the open market in under six weeks and at less than half the price. often quicker than the original design itself.

But hey! :nenau That's life.

Nice to see you do a version designed to fit with Al Jesses panniers. Now there's a product worth every penny.

Val.

Back
Top Bottom