Knotts Motorcycles in Stratford no more

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just heard the news that Knotts Motorcycles in Stratford Upon Avon called in the receivers this week. :( A sign of these hard times I guess.

Saw Digby walking in Stratford over Xmas, he did look a bit dejected and tired. I wonder if Suzuki pulling the franchise was the final straw, thought he would survive as he had a good afluent customer base :nenau
Not good as you say, choice is now ever more limited.
Feel a new thread coming on.

Perhaps if they had taken any bloody notice when people went in they may have survived.
JustStan and me went in just before christmas, not one of the lazy a%$soles could even be bothered to speak to us.
We walked around the whole shop and all the clothing , 3 were p*&&%$g about with a game on a computer and the other one feet was just slumped over the counter.
At least when they were just in Redditch somebody sometimes made the effort to speak to you.
Bugger all effort in = no business. Funny how many businesses dont understand that simple equation.
If they cant be bothered to put the effort in they dont deserve to survive.

Perhaps if they had taken any bloody notice when people went in they may have survived.
JustStan and me went in just before christmas, not one of the lazy a%$soles could even be bothered to speak to us.
We walked around the whole shop and all the clothing , 3 were p*&&%$g about with a game on a computer and the other one feet was just slumped over the counter.
At least when they were just in Redditch somebody sometimes made the effort to speak to you.
Bugger all effort in = no business. Funny how many businesses dont understand that simple equation.
If they cant be bothered to put the effort in they dont deserve to survive.

You may have a point there Chris, it sometimes seems the bigger the showroom becomes the more impersonal it is. I often used Knotts as a stop off with students for a coffee - an ideal opportunity for the salesmen to create a good impression and to start developing two new future customers. Alas, not once on any occasion did a salesman approach and offer to show the students around and to talk to them about their future needs whether it was for a bike or clothing. Potential customer's walk in and are completely ignored - where's the sense in that. :nenau

Saw Digby walking in Stratford over Xmas, he did look a bit dejected and tired. I wonder if Suzuki pulling the franchise was the final straw, thought he would survive as he had a good afluent customer base :nenau
Not good as you say, choice is now ever more limited.
Feel a new thread coming on.

I'd have thought Suzuki would have pulled Frettons franchise prior to Knotts, based on my experience of the two places.. but guess we'll never know why Suzuki did what they did.

You may have a point there Chris, it sometimes seems the bigger the showroom becomes the more impersonal it is. I often used Knotts as a stop off with students for a coffee - an ideal opportunity for the salesmen to create a good impression and to start developing two new future customers. Alas, not once on any occasion did a salesman approach and offer to show the students around and to talk to them about their future needs whether it was for a bike or clothing. Potential customer's walk in and are completely ignored - where's the sense in that. :nenau

MrsDave brought her bike from them and we have always had a good chat to someone whenever we've been in, even before she brought the bike. She also used to pop in there with her instructor when out on lessons for a coffee. Again someone would always come over and say hello.

Suzuki are pulling 70 franchises around the country this will be the last nail for a few. It in theory will also mean there will be a lot of cheap suzuki's about soon and not a good time to be buying new till it settles down,

Just went up to get a battery and the place is shut. Thought maybe they closed mid week. I live close by and have been in a few times. They were nice enough, but nothing to write home about. I don't understand why they weren't open on Sunday. Seems daft not to be.

Stratford is affluent(ish), but small. Wonder if someone else will take up the mantle.

The grapevine has it that there are 2 or 3 expressions of interest in buying it - no idea who though:nenau

I don't understand why they weren't open on Sunday. Seems daft not to be.

Not only were they not open on a Sunday, they made little or no effort to support us when we were evicted from The Waterside :mad:

The sooner dealers wake up and realise that just selling the bike and a few accessories isn't enough the better. No wonder so many newbies get involved with marques like HD and Triumph, at least they make an effort through owners clubs, and they make their dealers get involved too.

The Japanese bikes are now on a par, cost-wise, with the European and US stuff. They need to take a close look at why people will spend so much on those makes :rob

It has been taken over by the Blade group,and is honda and triumph dealership only now.
They are fully up and running,still not open on sundays tho.

Back
Top Bottom