Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 50

Thread: The Salopian (Shropshire) May 2011 more info

  1. #17
    New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Shrewsbury, Shropshire
    Posts
    12
    I'll be there. Save me a tent pitch for one on Saturday night.

  2. #18
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    11,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G (BHT) View Post

    Then at Baskerville, we had moaners saying the grass was too long.
    I thought Baskerville was one of the better venues, camping and hotel at the same place, "unusual" local disco, ok the grass was a bit long and the bogs basic, but it wasn't silly money. And the local roads seem pretty good too. Even entertainment at breakfast time, 17 beans per punter!!

    Sometimes the moaners just need to wind their necks in, bet none of them organise anything more challenging than a trip to the toilet.

  3. #19
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Dirkdirkistan
    Posts
    9,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    £16 a night for Wobblyboxes
    They'll make a fortune out of the amount us Tossers drink....
    So no need to rip us on site fee.....


    I only paid £15 a night in August on a proper seaside site with Heated swimming pools, huge restaurants, bars and function rooms, plus a great pub.....
    Devon Cliffs.....near Exmouth..
    Only there to meet Family from Blackcountry on their fortnights holidays....


    Otherwise I pikey camp......


    PS. just checked Devon Cliffs website, up until end of March, only £7 a night inc Leccy


    EDIT...
    Most pubs around here {Devon} offer FREE overnight stops IF you use the pub..
    Portsmouth Arms Umberleigh for one.......................
    Red lion Exbourne for another ....
    Don't go then.

    Personally, I'd decree that if you aren't in a tent then you shouldn't be there. The pissing competition about who can get the most tat in a van has got tiresome. And for all the "disabled" whingers, if you can ride a bike you can pitch a tent, save the money you spend on camper van and get on a plane to somewhere warm, it'll do your joints the world of good.



  4. #20
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location-Location
    Posts
    2,967
    Now, Now Girls!!

    Regards Uncle Bob and Val.
    07403 165 249

    OK SO A LOVE AFFAIR IN 1979 THAT LASTED 8 YEARS FINALLY CAME BACK (after 23 years) TO BITE ME IN THE ARSE ON 09-04-2009 AND THEN GOT US SPLICED ON 02-09-2011!







  5. #21
    25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bollox yer nosey gits
    Posts
    11,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Don't go then.

    Personally, I'd decree that if you aren't in a tent then you shouldn't be there. The pissing competition about who can get the most tat in a van has got tiresome. And for all the "disabled" whingers, if you can ride a bike you can pitch a tent, save the money you spend on camper van and get on a plane to somewhere warm, it'll do your joints the world of good.

  6. #22
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location-Location
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    £16 a night for Wobblyboxes
    They'll make a fortune out of the amount us Tossers drink....
    So no need to rip us on site fee.....


    I only paid £15 a night in August on a proper seaside site with Heated swimming pools, huge restaurants, bars and function rooms, plus a great pub.....
    Devon Cliffs.....near Exmouth..
    Only there to meet Family from Blackcountry on their fortnights holidays....


    Otherwise I pikey camp......


    PS. just checked Devon Cliffs website, up until end of March, only £7 a night inc Leccy


    EDIT...
    Most pubs around here {Devon} offer FREE overnight stops IF you use the pub..
    Portsmouth Arms Umberleigh for one.......................
    Red lion Exbourne for another ....
    For the more impoverished amongst us

    http://www.severnhousecaravans.co.uk/

    is a spit away over The Bridge, quoted £14 per night with hook up

    Pee Ess Tis one pitch less for 4 nights We booked in Well £8 is eight quid innit?

    Pee Pee Ess and the walk will do us good

    If we don't fall in the river

    ORRRR if you do a Google Map thingy, a hundred yards on the A5 is a nice large Rest Area, with toilets and trot across the fields (Pathway) to the pub
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards Uncle Bob and Val.
    07403 165 249

    OK SO A LOVE AFFAIR IN 1979 THAT LASTED 8 YEARS FINALLY CAME BACK (after 23 years) TO BITE ME IN THE ARSE ON 09-04-2009 AND THEN GOT US SPLICED ON 02-09-2011!







  7. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    96

    Shropshire meet

    I don't need a tent, only 300 yards to walk home!

  8. #24
    I should change this Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    and this as well...
    Posts
    17,876
    Quote Originally Posted by James Embrey View Post
    I don't need a tent, only 300 yards to walk home!
    Save us a pitch on your lawn. 1 wobblybox with hook up please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Then I remembered. He doesn't ride a GS. Therefore he aint at the sharp end of Dudeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    'Where there's offence, there's brass'




  9. #25
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Scunthorpe England
    Posts
    2,834

    me too

    I`m off too, along with me piggy mate (Traffic Cop, but decent one).

    2 bikes (if you count a V Strom as a bike ), two corpses and a tent!

    Woohoo!

  10. #26
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,218
    Right - just traded my pass from the Long-Haired General, previously secured for the Touratech thing, to come to this.

    I'm very much looking forward to it. I have a bike, a tent and I can afford beer and petrol. This is all I need to know.

    Also, reading the thread, you're all a bunch of whinging old women. Thank God there's not a war on et cetera
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

  11. #27
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Donegal , Ireland
    Posts
    3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by shugie View Post
    I thought Baskerville was one of the better venues, camping and hotel at the same place, ".
    + 1 ,
    Billie,s is a Bit miffed that theres no Accomadation at the Salopian

  12. #28
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,218
    Just out of interest, how many people moaning that the grass was too long for camping at a previous event, or turning up to this one in caravans, are subscribers to Adventure Bike Rider?

    I thought the trick was to chuck your stuff on your bike, have a great ride out there, meet other riders, and live under canvass for a day or two.

    Mind you, I'm new to this GS thing and may have got it wrong...
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

  13. #29
    25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bollox yer nosey gits
    Posts
    11,434
    I was one of the happy Wobblyboxers hiding in the long grass, did I care ???
    Did I fu ck, Enjoyed ourselves immensley @ Baskerville

    Only really crap point, was the miniscule breakfasts

  14. #30
    The future's bright.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Shropshirington
    Posts
    13,361
    We moved from Llangollen to Baskerville Hall in 2008 because some folk were not happy that the camp site was 2 miles away from the main venue of the Hand Hotel.

    We held one event at Baskerville Hall and had folk complain that the grass was too long and the breakfasts were small. Later that year some of the guys said "move it back to Llangollen or else we wont bother coming again"

    So after two more years at Llangollen we have a new venue and that's not right

    All the Victor Meldrew's need to fek off and join the BMW moaners club, I hear they only hold events at at 5* hotels

  15. #31
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G (BHT) View Post
    We moved from Llangollen to Baskerville Hall in 2008 because some folk were not happy that the camp site was 2 miles away from the main venue of the Hand Hotel.

    We held one event at Baskerville Hall and had folk complain that the grass was too long and the breakfasts were small. Later that year some of the guys said "move it back to Llangollen or else we wont bother coming again"

    So after two more years at Llangollen we have a new venue and that's not right

    All the Victor Meldrew's need to fek off and join the BMW moaners club, I hear they only hold events at at 5* hotels
    Joy of bikes for me is freedom of movement, travelling light, exploring, camping out etc and sharing that with people. I can stay in hotels and be comfy the rest of the time.
    Biking takes me back to times in my life when things were a little more fluid and unpredictable, and all the better for it.
    If you want a great breakfast, bring a ****in' stove.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

  16. #32
    Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    West Wales'ish
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarIndia View Post
    Joy of bikes for me is freedom of movement, travelling light, exploring, camping out etc and sharing that with people. I can stay in hotels and be comfy the rest of the time.
    Biking takes me back to times in my life when things were a little more fluid and unpredictable, and all the better for it.
    If you want a great breakfast, bring a ****in' stove.

    Thavelling light

    Freedom of movement

    Exploring

    Camping out and sharing that with people Yep but err! in our campervan. 5 tents in two years gave us a pretty good idea that it ain't for us thanks.

    See you all on site in a couple of weeks We'll be in the camper with the big trailer on the back (can't be bothered to do all that walking either )


    Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"