The Salopian (Shropshire) May 2011 more info

Don't go then.

Personally, I'd decree that if you aren't in a tent then you shouldn't be there. The pissing competition about who can get the most tat in a van has got tiresome. And for all the "disabled" whingers, if you can ride a bike you can pitch a tent, save the money you spend on camper van and get on a plane to somewhere warm, it'll do your joints the world of good.

:kissy2:kissy2:kissy2:kissy2

£16 a night for Wobblyboxes :eek::eek::mad:
They'll make a fortune out of the amount us Tossers drink....
So no need to rip us on site fee.....:(

I only paid £15 a night in August on a proper seaside site with Heated swimming pools, huge restaurants, bars and function rooms, plus a great pub.....
Devon Cliffs.....near Exmouth..
Only there to meet Family from Blackcountry on their fortnights holidays....

Otherwise I pikey camp......:aidan

PS. just checked Devon Cliffs website, up until end of March, only £7 a night inc Leccy :augie

EDIT...
Most pubs around here {Devon} offer FREE overnight stops IF you use the pub..
Portsmouth Arms Umberleigh for one.......................
Red lion Exbourne for another ....

For the more impoverished amongst us :comfort

http://www.severnhousecaravans.co.uk/ :aidan

is a spit away over The Bridge, quoted £14 per night with hook up :thumb2:thumb2

Pee Ess Tis one pitch less for 4 nights We booked in :clap:clap Well £8 is eight quid innit?

Pee Pee Ess and the walk will do us good :bow:bow

If we don't fall in the river :eek:

ORRRR if you do a Google Map thingy, a hundred yards on the A5 is a nice large Rest Area, with toilets and trot across the fields (Pathway) to the pub :augie:augie

Attachments

• ALF 2.jpg
    ALF 2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 362
me too

I`m off too, along with me piggy mate (Traffic Cop, but decent one).

2 bikes (if you count a V Strom as a bike :D), two corpses and a tent!

Woohoo!

Right - just traded my pass from the Long-Haired General, previously secured for the Touratech thing, to come to this. :thumb2

I'm very much looking forward to it. I have a bike, a tent and I can afford beer and petrol. This is all I need to know. :beerjug:

Also, reading the thread, you're all a bunch of whinging old women. Thank God there's not a war on et cetera :augie

Just out of interest, how many people moaning that the grass was too long for camping at a previous event, or turning up to this one in caravans, are subscribers to Adventure Bike Rider? :augie

I thought the trick was to chuck your stuff on your bike, have a great ride out there, meet other riders, and live under canvass for a day or two.

Mind you, I'm new to this GS thing and may have got it wrong...

I was one of the happy Wobblyboxers hiding in the long grass, did I care ???
Did I fu ck, Enjoyed ourselves immensley @ Baskerville :thumb2

Only really crap point, was the miniscule breakfasts :(

We moved from Llangollen to Baskerville Hall in 2008 because some folk were not happy that the camp site was 2 miles away from the main venue of the Hand Hotel.

We held one event at Baskerville Hall and had folk complain that the grass was too long and the breakfasts were small. Later that year some of the guys said "move it back to Llangollen or else we wont bother coming again"

So after two more years at Llangollen we have a new venue and that's not right :D

All the Victor Meldrew's need to fek off and join the BMW moaners club, I hear they only hold events at at 5* hotels :thumb2

We moved from Llangollen to Baskerville Hall in 2008 because some folk were not happy that the camp site was 2 miles away from the main venue of the Hand Hotel.

We held one event at Baskerville Hall and had folk complain that the grass was too long and the breakfasts were small. Later that year some of the guys said "move it back to Llangollen or else we wont bother coming again"

So after two more years at Llangollen we have a new venue and that's not right :D

All the Victor Meldrew's need to fek off and join the BMW moaners club, I hear they only hold events at at 5* hotels :thumb2

Joy of bikes for me is freedom of movement, travelling light, exploring, camping out etc and sharing that with people. I can stay in hotels and be comfy the rest of the time.
Biking takes me back to times in my life when things were a little more fluid and unpredictable, and all the better for it.
If you want a great breakfast, bring a ****in' stove.
:thumb2

Joy of bikes for me is freedom of movement, travelling light, exploring, camping out etc and sharing that with people. I can stay in hotels and be comfy the rest of the time.
Biking takes me back to times in my life when things were a little more fluid and unpredictable, and all the better for it.
If you want a great breakfast, bring a ****in' stove.
:thumb2

Thavelling light :thumb2

Freedom of movement :thumb2

Exploring :thumb2

Camping out and sharing that with people :thumb2 Yep but err! in our campervan. 5 tents in two years gave us a pretty good idea that it ain't for us thanks.

See you all on site in a couple of weeks :thumb2 We'll be in the camper with the big trailer on the back:D (can't be bothered to do all that walking either :augie)

Val.

I am lucky , JustStan loves camping.
Not all ladies are like her some prefer al little comfort, i would rather they came and joined in with the whole weekend no matter where they stayed( a lot of old boring fart blokes can get a bit dull for a whole weekend :D)
Some blokes are the same, if camping aint your thing it aint.
Thats what i like about this forum, the mix of people you get to meet.
This thread could easily be compared to a "dont wave at them their not on a harley" debate.:ymca
The organisers go to the trouble of putting the do's on, forget the bickering and snobbery, get your arse there and stay wherever suits you,just bloody get there and enjoy it.:beer::beerjug::ChrisKelly
If it was camping only Ash would never come to anything ........................................hmmmmmmm :toungincheek

I am lucky , JustStan loves camping.
Not all ladies are like her some prefer al little comfort, i would rather they came and joined in with the whole weekend no matter where they stayed( a lot of old boring fart blokes can get a bit dull for a whole weekend :D)
Some blokes are the same, if camping aint your thing it aint.
Thats what i like about this forum, the mix of people you get to meet.
This thread could easily be compared to a "dont wave at them their not on a harley" debate.:ymca
The organisers go to the trouble of putting the do's on, forget the bickering and snobbery, get your arse there and stay wherever suits you,just bloody get there and enjoy it.:beer::beerjug::ChrisKelly
If it was camping only Ash would never come to anything ........................................hmmmmmmm :toungincheek

:rob
Ash is speshal !
EDIT
Never seen that BHT bloke in a tent :pullface

Ash is speshal !
EDIT

And i wonder if Abrasion will be tenting or warm rooming in pub at welland later in the year.mmmmm
the case for the Defence rests M lud.

And i wonder if Abrasion will be tenting or warm rooming in pub at welland later in the year.mmmmm
the case for the Defence rests M lud.

OOH YOU BIG TART!
Just cos you know i have already booked your room:D

Ash is speshal !
EDIT
One has ones standards to maintain... I'm never far away though :D

12 seconds in:-
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wfcdixhgc5Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wfcdixhgc5Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

One has ones standards to maintain... I'm never far away though :D

12 seconds in:-
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wfcdixhgc5Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wfcdixhgc5Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mmmmmmmmmm
seem to remember you having the top suite,bet you got more beens than us as well :D :D

Back
Top Bottom