The "How many points I lost this weekend" thread.

Looks great fun, may take it up instead of golf when I retire:D

One of the hardest days riding of my life!!!

A real baptism of fire with such little grip anywhere.

Johnny Boxer's just limped from our front door back to his van and I'm wrecked:D

Ahem......................still thinking the same as you did back in Nov:blast

52 marks lost out of a possible 200, managed 5 five's.... 3 of those were for going out of the section or missing a gate....

:mmmm

My first time riding the red (novice) route, so not too bad I guess.

Must practice my turns

:blast

Daft, as the last trial I did my turns were coming on a treat

:)

Who said it's as frustrating as it's fun?

Sound's like you guys had a bit of fun then?

Jon

Well done!
I think I lost that many marks on lap one on sunday!
(yes, I know that's not possible. :D)
"Fun" was perhaps one way of describing it.
Denise is really looking forward to the next one, as conditions couldn't be any worse.
Mark

52 marks lost out of a possible 200, managed 5 five's.... 3 of those were for going out of the section or missing a gate....

:mmmm

My first time riding the red (novice) route, so not too bad I guess.

Must practice my turns

:blast

Daft, as the last trial I did my turns were coming on a treat

Who said it's as frustrating as it's fun?

Sound's like you guys had a bit of fun then?

Jon

Well done, Jon:clap:clap

Thanks guys

:beerjug:

I'm certain my trial was a damn sight easier than yours however....

Just been invited to a trial on Sunday, don't know if I can swing the time off though....

:rolleyes:

I'll have to join you sometime in the summer.... Or could we have a UKGSer Kickstart somewhere.....?

Jon

Just read through this, and seems like part of the competition is just surviving, and part of it is competing against yourself.
Again, it seems addictive.

Anyone else got recent rides to report, or pics to post ?

Got a coaching day saturday and another trial sunday:thumb

Denise and I were in a local trial on Sunday, she on the white (adult beginner) route, me on the yellow.
Unfortunately just after half distance Denise had a silly off, but managed to bang her knuckles on the rear sprocket as she fell. :eek
I made an executive decision at this point to call it a day, so we were both down as "retired" in the results.
Mark

88 today. (by my reckoning) Had a bit of a 'mare of a first lap, not helped by a fairly substantial "off" on the 3rd section. Got better on the subsequent laps, but still only managed 5 cleans all day. Will have to wait for the official results to see how everyone else did. It seemed to be rated as a tough trial by the people I spoke to.
Lap 1 - 35
Lap 2 - 22
Lap 3 - 17
Lap 4 - 14

Mark

Just snuck in..................

Last Sunday's trial was an bit epic, in length and stamina

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261980

6 laps of 11 sections = 66 and a 330 theoretical maximum loss - normally most trials are 3 laps of 12 sections = 36 sections

I snuck in under 50, with a loss of 49 marks lost

Winner lost 1, though:blast

I was 20th out of 35,in my class............ so still in the bottom half:(

My aim is a top 10 in class finish, by the end of the year............so some work to do:D

Had a busy weekend. :D
Aqueduct Classics trial on Saturday, at a venue I've raced Hare + Hounds before, near Corwen. A fantastic stream based trial, and the usual well organised event we've come to expect! :thumb
I lost 32 marks and topped the Mono Clubman class (all 4 of them), coming home 3rd clubman overall, but of course I am on a "cheats" bike. :augie
Tim had a great day, finishing top twinshock beginner, and 2nd beginner overall. :bounce1
Ferret took a nasty tumble off a step of about 4ft, into the stream, right in front of the photographer. :eek His first thoughts were whether the he got the picture!
Denise had to work on saturday, but her bike has been playing up as well. A mate of mine and I were up until past midnight trying to get the cylinder head o-rings to seal, after finding considerable amounts of water inside the combustion chamber. The neighbours were overjoyed! We fired it up at 9.00 this morning to prove we had fixed it, but after one lap of the Frodsham club trial today, it ceased to run again. :mad: Denise was very calm about it, but I was properly p*ssed off.
I went out to finish the remaining laps, and by my reckoning I lost 42 marks today, on what was a 50/50 split of easy and difficult sections.
Mark

Bad luck with Denise's bike.:(
Saturday's course was very tough as the points showed!!

Ferret and Earthmover looking happy enough before the start.
1238095720_Keq69-XL.jpg

Spout turned up to watch and unfortunately witnessed me going over the top of my bike on one section:blast:blast:D
1238107323_RwQDA-XL.jpg

Some lovely bikes there.
1238100277_LuXch-XL.jpg

Mark ending a section
1237996269_dtkWd-XL.jpg

Ferret about to lose a point:)
1237995510_rFgPo-XL.jpg

My reaction after a complete cockup:rolleyes:
1237991445_2fVRj-XL.jpg

1238110010_CsHqY-XL.jpg

Some deceptively difficuly sections
1237989417_yDFqa-XL.jpg

1237985670_M5CRk-XL.jpg

Mark spotted by Ange who took the photos in between being chatted up by the farmer:D
1237972673_8bEcP-XL.jpg

Ferret on his lovely Ossa
1237966262_6X8Bo-XL.jpg

1237961958_pKvWE-XL.jpg

Me under the beady eye of an observer:hide
1237961052_ZopKV-XL.jpg

And under the beady eye of Ange who spots me with the camera:augie
1238002396_gmzqd-XL.jpg

Cool report.

Looks like you had a propper trial :D

Nooking forward to when I can actually control the bike most of the time, then yo at least cross a stream.....

Were you lifting the wheel significantly in the pic with the observed Tim ?

1237961052_ZopKV-XL.jpg

Were you lifting the wheel significantly in the pic with the observed Tim ?

It's all a blur on the edge of control with me mate:D

One section was a right bastard, trying a different line with some momentum here to get up the bank then a tight right back into the stream followed by a tight left, I fluffed it a different way everytime.
It was sometimes like a puzzle at times which you could complete if you had the skill :blast
1238109099_oa6py-XL.jpg

Spout turned up to watch and unfortunately witnessed me going over the top of my bike on one section:blast:blast:D
I can only refer you to my earlier posting :D

Sections certainly seemed trickier than last months (a few more tongues out with concentration :D).
Lovely venue and a great way to spend an afternoon.

Well done all.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom