The "How many points I lost this weekend" thread.

A few weeks since I last entered a trial, I'd like to suggest that I was a little rusty. :augie
135 points lost is a bit of a cricket score though!
Falling backwards down one of the steeper sections didn't do me much good either. :rolleyes:
Mark

A few weeks since I last entered a trial, I'd like to suggest that I was a little rusty. :augie
135 points lost is a bit of a cricket score though!
Falling backwards down one of the steeper sections didn't do me much good either. :rolleyes:
Mark

Nice one Mark - sorry I couldn't make it to watch (not the falling backwards bit though!).

Great trial today up in the hills near Llangollen but I fear I lost far more points in one lap than Mark (Earthmover) did in four......and I have the cuts and grazes to prove it:blast

It's a cracking venue for a trial, just make sure you remember your sealskins to walk the sections! (and your shirt :blast)
Tim and I managed to lose a silly '5' apiece for not keeping within the section, a dumb mistake. :mad:
Looks like the practice on the TAT served you well Tim, Clubman soon.....:D
Mark

Frodsham Club Trial today at Mickerdale. This is about 10 minutes from my house, so had the luxury of a long lie-in. At the briefing the CoC mentioned that there had been complaints about the severity of previous events, and they had taken these into account with the sections. Having seen section 9, I wasn't so sure.....
Lap 1 - 21 marks. Two cleans, a single, a two, and six three's. The scary looking rock step in section 9 turned out to be easy, but lack of grip on the hill after it caught everyone out.
Lap 2 - 18 marks. Five cleans, two three's, a two, and two five's :mad: Did better, or equalled on each section bar two. Failed the hill on section 9, then cocked up section 10 as well.
Lap 3 - 20 marks. Only three cleans, two singles, a two, two three's and two five's. One five was a silly mistake on a section I had cleaned previously, but this time went out of the cards. :mad: The other five was inches short of disaster when I almost looped out the Beta, finding grip at the top of my nemesis, section 9.
Lap 4- 12 marks. Six clean, a single, two three's, and another silly five. This time on a section that I had cleaned twice before, so didn't give it the respect it deserved. Managed section 9 with an easy three.

Pleased with the day's riding, felt most of the sections were just the right level of difficulty, not demoralising, just tantalizingly on the edge of my ability.
Mark

Pleased with the day's riding, felt most of the sections were just the right level of difficulty, not demoralising, just tantalizingly on the edge of my ability.
Mark

Well done Mark, thankfully I had to work today:augie

Another great trial with Aqueduct Classics today at a great venue in the hills near Llangollen.

Had one completely clean lap but a bruised and bloody knee reflects it wasn't always that smooth:blast

Results are out and won my class with a total of 9 points lost (I thought I'd dropped more than that though:confused:)...5th place dropped 113, bet he's sore tonight:D

Well done Tim! :thumb
That section 2 was a bit of a 'mare though, I saw the knee banging episode, and even I winced. :eek
My 17 lost was only good enough for second in class, and sixth in clubman. Section 3 was my nemesis, trying to repeat my clean of lap 3 saw me 'five' it in particularly pathetic fashion!
It's a fantastic venue there, with unlimited possibilities for sections. :thumb
Mark

Mark/Earthmover and I had a tough trial today in very slippy conditions near Llangollen. (memo to self: get the fecking back brake fixed:mad:)

We both had good results, dropping around 40 points each out of a possible mega cock up of 200.

Yesterdays warm up helped I'm sure, even Ange had a try on my bike(she hated it:D)
P1020584-XL.jpg

Mark practicing on one of the logs.
P1020600-XL.jpg

Someone else.
P1020589-XL.jpg

it seems to be only Tim and I posting on this thread, come on you lot, I know there are more trials riders taking part, don't be shy!

Another picture of Ange riding Tim's lovely Fantic.

PB260161-M.jpg

Then a picture of Ange explaining to Tim that no matter how much it helps your riding skills, she really doesn't like riding it.

PB260165-M.jpg

Tim, pondering the importance of a rear brake. (which lost him a few marks on Sunday!)

PB260167-L.jpg

Jake, avoiding Tim. :D

PB260177-L.jpg

And just to prove that I can take blurry photos too.

PB260170-L.jpg

The Aqueduct Club trial on Sunday was at a venue last used early in the year. Then, getting to the sections was a trial in itself, as the ground had suffered from an early morning thaw. This time the conditions were better, but still very slick. I had a reversal of my usual fortune, where I reduce my score each lap as I get used to the sections. This time I got worse as sections cut up, and I didn't allow for it, or made silly mistakes. As ever, the organisation is first rate, with Russ and his team putting on a great day. It is a real pleasure to watch some of the old machines that I lusted after in my youth still going strong today.
Mark

Seems like you 2 have your own section here !

Do these bikes not come with SEATS?

A few Tossers at last Sunday's excellent trial run by Aqueduct Classics in Nant Mawr quarry.

As usual Mark (Earthmover) won his section with just 15 points lost:clap

402455101505528503321485677871.jpg

404844101505528507521485677871.jpg

Good to see Ferret out again having a good ride:clap
409098101505528497571485677871.jpg

Mark's Denise did really well and despite taking a big tumble carried on for a good ride:clap
403053101505528510571485677871.jpg

403757101505528529921485677871.jpg

Denise gives some old guy a helping shove:rob
395865101505528521121485677871.jpg

And I won my class dropping 9 points:)
Trials.jpg

Oops, wrong photo:p
Can't wait for the next one:bounce1
399493101505528490171485677871.jpg

Back
Top Bottom