The "How many points I lost this weekend" thread.

earthmover

opinionated, me?
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Inspired by Lebowski, off JohnnyBoxer's "Trials and tribulations" thread.

9th January '11, Frodsham Club trial, novice/clubman route, 117 points lost. :eek

In mitigation, it was my first trial on the yellow route, and I was given five "5s" for the sections I missed when my bike boiled up.
Come on, show us yours! :D
Mark

210... OK it wasn't this weekend.... It was a the dabbers 2nd Jan Spectacular fun in the Trials Sidecar but not a clue about what we are doing...

My first even this coming weekend I'll see how many points I can get.....bet I get more:D

They all used to cheer when I use to turn up at the midland classic club doo's

I and They new who was going to be last :augie

No one enjoyed it more than me though :D
and thats what matters to them thats happiest

IMG_0104.jpg

As long as you are dressed properly all is fine... we have now gone Pre-65 as this modern stuff clashes with the Jackets!

Last is great... we do it for the smiles

Inspired by Lebowski, off JohnnyBoxer's "Trials and tribulations" thread.

9th January '11, Frodsham Club trial, novice/clubman route, 117 points lost. :eek

In mitigation, it was my first trial on the yellow route, and I was given five "5s" for the sections I missed when my bike boiled up.
Come on, show us yours! :D
Mark

Well done Mark!

:thumb

How many sections though?

My first club ride this year this Sunday, very tight venue, lots of ups and downs and tight turns I suspect....

Can't wait!

:)

Jon

IMG_0104.jpg

As long as you are dressed properly all is fine... we have now gone Pre-65 as this modern stuff clashes with the Jackets!

Last is great... we do it for the smiles

Good man!

:clap

Really want to have a go on one of those, although everyone seems to reckon they are lethal

:D

Jon

They are not lethal.. tricky, but when it fell on us we could kick it off between laughter bouts!!

Hardest I have worked mentally and physically and stupidly I used to race F1 Sidecars!

:blast :blast :augie :eek :confused: :surrender
Not my best day.
Denise. :bow :bow :bow
JB. :bow :bow
Tim. :bow
Me. :(

Mark
(oh, and a special :bow to Ange for entertaining the kids!)

Not my best day.

Mark

One of the hardest days riding of my life!!!

A real baptism of fire with such little grip anywhere.
Johnny Boxer's just limped from our front door back to his van and I'm wrecked:D

Here's a rare photo of me both upright and without feet on the ground even finding some grip:eek:

Attachments

• Copy of SDC10786 (Small).JPG
    Copy of SDC10786 (Small).JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 819
I've washed all the kit off, but the bikes can wait till tomorrow!
That was bloody hard work!
Talking to Russ at the catering van, he said the ground was still hard with frost yesterday when they set the course, but it came out overnight leaving us with the sticky clay.
Any trial after that will seem a doddle!
Mark

Yes my front wheel was solid with clay at one time and had to clear it with a stick.
Here's Denise giving it some:clap

Attachments

• SDC10795 (Small).JPG
    SDC10795 (Small).JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 788
Looks good!! I'm jealous! Well done all of you :thumb

Yes my front wheel was solid with clay at one time and had to clear it with a stick.
Here's Denise giving it some:clap

Am Shattered but am still smiling and high as a kite,:bounce1
I owe a Big thanks to all who lugged me out of the fine Welsh scenery and kick started my bike when I lost power in both legs and bike. What a fab day. Thanks Ange for childcare and support but most of all to my fabulous pit crew, Mark. So when's the next one???
denise

Not my best day.

Mark

Cheers Mark

EDIT - Results are out

http://aqueductclassics.sams-cafe.co.uk/results/Carrog_Issa_23-01-2011.pdf

I was the only UKGSER finisher (no. 55) :augie and just found out I lost only 86, on the intermediate level Clubman route - out of a max theoretical potential loss of 200 - well pleased with that:thumb:clap - I thought I would be north of 100+ marks lost

I'm completely knackered today...........................today's Trial, nr Llangollen was a complete bitch of a Welsh mudfest:(

I finished the Trial, but felt like I smoked 90 Woodbine a day at the end:(................the bike slid away...... riding back to the car park and I just let it go down, with no input from me..............I just couldn't be bothered to fight it:blast

Took me 5 mins to even move again, laid down:eek:

All that after a late night out on the lash, in Chester and a 3 hour drive home tonight..............i'm fecked:(

Tim..................where's that pic Ange took of me.............fecked at the finish:blast

Cheers Mark

EDIT - Results are out

[All that after a late night out on the lash, in Chester and a 3 hour drive home tonight..............i'm fecked:(

Tim..................where's that pic Ange took of me.............fecked at the finish:blast

Blimey! Results out so soon? Fair play to the Aqueduct Club. That was the first trial I've been to that had catering as well. I'll be doing their next event, that's for sure, it's at a fantastic venue. :thumb

I did think about you JB, having to make the long trip back over the border, whilst Denise, the kids and I were tucking into a Chinese. :D

Mark

Blimey! Results out so soon? Fair play to the Aqueduct Club. That was the first trial I've been to that had catering as well. I'll be doing their next event, that's for sure, it's at a fantastic venue. :thumb

I did think about you JB, having to make the long trip back over the border, whilst Denise, the kids and I were tucking into a Chinese. :D

Mark

Cheers Mark:thumb

It was a good venue, very testing - fitness is the key and i'm not, so will have to work on that

I finished the Trial, but felt like I smoked 90 Woodbine a day at the end:(................the bike slid away...... riding back to the car park and I just let it go down, with no input from me..............I just couldn't be bothered to fight it:blast

Not bad I suppose..... for a state of the art trials bike in a 'Classic trial':augie:D:p

Anyway, we'll say no more about that, here's your photo. Well done:clap

Attachments

• SDC10801 (Small).JPG
    SDC10801 (Small).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 300
Oh, and I thought my shin was hurting a bit:tears...no sympathy from Ange of course:D

Attachments

• P1010635 (Small).JPG
    P1010635 (Small).JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 304
Cheers Tim...............heal well

'State of the art' Trials bike...........................but definitely not 'a state of the art' rider:blast

Back
Top Bottom