Gas Gas EC300

Nice 'n' Fat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My last two enduro bikes were 525 KTM's and I only ever went trail riding on them but I know where there is a GG300 going cheapish so my question is this:

Does the GG300 pull like the 300EXC and if I do go 2 stroke would a 300EXC be better than the GG300?

All comments/thoughts and pearls of wisdom welcome :D:thumb2

i thought you were the font of all knowledge m8 lol

i rode a gg300 the other and it did have a bit of torque but then it takes off
i dunno about a cheep one ...try bike trader or gumtree?

How old? The last direct comparison I had between GG and KTM 300's was about 5 years ago. At that time the KTM was built far better, but had harsher power delivery and suspension. The Gasser was easier to ride faster for longer (as long as bits didn't fall of it :D)
I believe the newer KTM's have had the edges smoothed off a bit, so have better "rideability", whilst still having outrageous amounts of power to play with if you are brave/stupid enough to grab a big handful.
HTH
Mark

mate has GG 200, lovely bike, 300 is great bike also.

ktm 300 can be found cheap, check the back of the TBM mag for the sale adds

also try a TM 300, also a great bike.

TBM rated the new husabery 300 better than the ktm.

can go wrong with any of them as real nice power and can be used on trail and enduro race.

very reliable bikes

How old? The last direct comparison I had between GG and KTM 300's was about 5 years ago. At that time the KTM was built far better, but had harsher power delivery and suspension. The Gasser was easier to ride faster for longer (as long as bits didn't fall of it :D)
I believe the newer KTM's have had the edges smoothed off a bit, so have better "rideability", whilst still having outrageous amounts of power to play with if you are brave/stupid enough to grab a big handful.
HTH
Mark

It's a 10 year old bike

GG 300 is far more mild mannered than the Katoom.

You can wind the Katoom in (variable power valve), but it wrecks the way it rides.

Katoom is better built too, but the GG is far less knackering to ride.

It's a 10 year old bike

Then at least eveything that was going to fall off it will have by now. :D
My mate had a well sorted '03, most of the fasteners had been replaced with decent quality ones, it had Ohlins suspension on it already, replacement plastics were easily and cheaply available, and it was reliable as any big two stroke can be.
Mark

I suppose it depends how its been looked after.

No matter how well GG made it 10 years earlier, it will be a nail if it has lacked any TLC at all in the interim!

Viv

well i have e just bought the gas gas 300 big and fat was on about and yer an ond bike and yer i have been riding it and lovin it . it seems to skim over the mud , there is torque at low end and then it just takes off at high end !! nothin fallen off although
it ate one of the reeds yesterday :rocketwho

Gasgas all the way.

I have had 2 Gasgas 250's (02 and 06) and loved them, very rideable and great suspension (really keeps you out the shit when it goes a bit Pete Tong).

The 06 one had a full FMF system which gave it nearly as much torque as my mates KTM 300 exc. He rode mine and preferred the handling and a Gasser 300 should have similar power.

If I could afford an enduro bike as well as the GS, I would have another Gasser in a flash.

They don't fall to bits, they just need to be well spannered like any dirt bike.

My bro has had a good few KTMs, borrowed my Gasgas for an event and got on very well even tho he was used to a four banger. In a nutshell, they are more forgiving than KTMs - trouble is, not many people dare to be different so they follow the crowd and go Orange!!!

P.S I don't work for Gasgas I just have damn good memories of riding them.

gasser with mods

My last two enduro bikes were 525 KTM's and I only ever went trail riding on them but I know where there is a GG300 going cheapish so my question is this:

Does the GG300 pull like the 300EXC and if I do go 2 stroke would a 300EXC be better than the GG300?

All comments/thoughts and pearls of wisdom welcome :D:thumb2

i raced an ec300 after a 520ktm, The gasser was a better enduro bike imho.
Did a few mods to mine like changing the pipe to an fmf knarley, rejetted with bosen carbon reeds and larger float bowl, had the grunt of a 4 stroke but at just over 100kg was easyier after3 hours. shirt jr thought it was awesome and wanted all the details of my mods:thumb2

I hope it fcuking siezes or bursts into flames ...... I thought you were my mate? :augie

ha ha ha i said you could hava ride on it m8

oh and is there much green laning to be had in shropshire ?
i know all the bridal ways but you are not ment to ride on them:augie

Back
Top Bottom