Travelling to Bulgaria

hi,

If your greencard shows the country.... no need for any additional insurance !
IDP - for what it costs it is worth having ... especially for Georgia, Armenia where english skills of cops is lacking!

Camping rough... a lot of your probable countries have bears .... so tend to avoid it.... but at the same time you can get local guesthouse/homestay accomodation for very little...

Ridden + travelled across lot of region... so if you want some advice give me a shout...
Romania - can provide some good campspots and homestays - especially in transylvania. Live in Brasov - and if I am around have a self contained guest room for bike travellers!
Serbia - you can camp in Novi Sad at the biker ranch I am co-owner of... bar on site and the club is a freindly bunch - just let me know and can give you local contacts... you could also make a good tour of the parties every weekend across the whole of former Yugoslavia
Bosnia - :)
Georgia - can put you in touch with some good freinds and excellent small homestay close to Borjomi Kharaguli National Park.

do you use skype? gavin_bell_ppf ... if you want to talk through things...

kalaharigeorge of this parish did a similar trip last year... and could give you some pointers - if he can remember any of it... see below!! :beer: multiplier effect

gavin

Attachments

• Pissed.jpg
    Pissed.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 106
Gavin
thanks for the info and advice. Looks like wild camping is a bit daft in the circumstances.

I am sitting watching the mat by the door every morning to see when the bloody green card will land so I can get going. At the moment the route looks a bit vague(must be the paddy in me:aidan) ....just head southeast and see where the road goes for a month or so. I plan on passing Brasov at some point but have not put any dates on anything so will try bell you on Skype prior.

Do you have the GPS locations for the stopovers you mentioned?

Ta

Paul

I'm looking to do Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia & Czech republic this year. It it worth camping?

Reddude - if your green card had not arrived in a couple of days of you ordering it.... ring them and chase it... they have been crap at sending them out in the past!!
text me your email addy on +40 727 876476 and i will send you contacts etc...

Stonker - camping is availible in all the countries - but not very common in Ro, Bg and Hu. wild camping not recommended... You can always ask in a village if you can use someones orchard or field... but you can find homestays for 10€ a night which is always a better option...

I'm looking to do Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia & Czech republic this year. It it worth camping?

I didn't do much camping last year (found it was easier / cheaper to stay in pensions). But the people I met in Romania, and Bulgaria enjoyed camping, and it seams that if you make sure to be out of sight you can more or less put up your tent everywhere.... don't know how it is in reality.

Have a look at this thread on advriders, there is some interesting information about Romania.

Casper

Back
Top Bottom