rallye 2 suit

adyb

hi, has anybody got or had one of the bmw rallye 2 suits ! got to looking for some new all weather gear in the brochure, and this stuff looked quite good (or the savanna ?)

any views or opinions as to its suitability for day to day all year round use ?

any ideas on where i can get a considerable discount on list if i go for it ?

thanks chaps.

I've a rallye 2 suit... several observations

1. It was expensive
2. goretex keeps you dry but outer suit gets soaking wet
3. liners are easy to remove
4. with goretex liner out and vents open it's superb in hot
weather - almost feels like air con above 30 mph
5. camelback drinks bag feature is v good
6.I don't use the silly map pocket
7. It was nice and warm during December/jan/Feb up here in scotland.
9. zips connecting jacket to trousers can be a pain

Would I buy another?
definatley

I've a Savanna 2 suit... several observations

1. It was expensive
2. goretex keeps you dry but outer suit gets soaking wet
3. liners are easy to remove
4. with goretex liner out and vents open it's superb in hot
weather - almost feels like air con above 30 mph
5. no camelback!
6.No silly map pocket!
7. Not tried it in winter up in Scotland yet!.
9. zips connecting jacket to trousers can be a pain

Would I buy another?
definatley

Agonised between the Rallye 2 and the Savanna for ages. The dealer thought I'd look the biz in the Rallye - just like the guy on the front of the brochure until I reminded him that I had less hair, was greyer and a bit older than him! Went for the Savanna in the end as I prefered the colour choice! Well pleased with it even though it was bloody expensive inspite of a good discount - but then my wife treated me to it - bless her, she hates me rabitting on about bikes and probably bought me the kit to shut me up.

Rallye 2,

Comfortable and the zip isn't too bad once the material softens up a bit.

Not certain it is 100% water-proof. I used mine in a recent downpour and wasn't fully convinced.

I wouldn't buy another. I'd stick to something that affords good abrasion protection and an over-suit for rain protection. I hadn't really thought it through properly. Either you leave the Gortex lining in the whole time and boil (no matter what they claim for Gortex) or you take it out and get wet when it rains. Not very practical to carry the Gortex linings around with you and put them in when it rains!

Rallaye 2

I'm dead impressed, both the misses and I have trousers and jacket.

I did 200 miles yesterday in the rain and fog without the inner liner and everything seemed okay. The jacket is very comfy, and is very well fabricated.

The vents are fantabulous on the jacket and fair on the trousers.

I recently upgraded from Frank Thomas Aqua jacket and trousers, and there is a huge improvement in every respect.

rallye 2 / savanna suits

sounding good so far, does anybody know which dealer is most likely to have extensive stock for sizing ? and where am i most likely to get some good discount ? (is that word allowed in a bmw dealer ?)

Re: rallye 2 / savanna suits

adyb said:
sounding good so far, does anybody know which dealer is most likely to have extensive stock for sizing ? and where am i most likely to get some good discount ? (is that word allowed in a bmw dealer ?)

Savanna 3, along with System 5 helmets with Bluetooth fitted, due out towards the end of the year. Historically main dealers tend to have a bit of a "fire sale" when clothing/boots/gloves are superseded, sometimes beyond their normal 35% mark-up especially if Bracknell is in a dealing mood.

I bought a Rallye (One) suit recently, got a good discount, and didn't buy the GoreTex liners (which were an option on the one), so it wasnt too expensive at all.

I love it, it has become my main summer suit of choice. But it does soak through quickly, so I carry the All Weather Jacket & Trousers (part of the airflow system) to lob on over the top when it rains. Although the All weather suit is not breathable, with all the vents open in the Rallye Jacket underneath it I have not found this a problem.

I have also crashed in it (off road) occassionally (;) ) and so far it has stood up well.

Where?

We got ours from our local BMW dealer...(mills in sunderland at the time) they ordered a few different sizes for us to try. I'm sure i could have got it cheaper if we had shopped around, but we bought the bike, gear and gps and a few extras at the same time.

Re: Re: rallye 2 / savanna suits

Chris That Fat Twat said:
Savanna 3, along with System 5 helmets with Bluetooth fitted, due out towards the end of the year. Historically main dealers tend to have a bit of a "fire sale" when clothing/boots/gloves are superseded, sometimes beyond their normal 35% mark-up especially if Bracknell is in a dealing mood.

Bugger. I wanted to get either a Savanna 2 or Rallye 2 jacket before the month is out. Looks like I'll be missing out on the sale prices.

Which is a bit of a bummer, as I bought my 2nd hand 1150 GS a couple of months before the 1200 was introduced, meaning I paid slightly over the odds on the 1150 too.

Ah well, it's only money. Or something.

PS. So, what do we prefer, Rallye or Savanna?

Re: Re: Re: rallye 2 / savanna suits

DavidEmmett said:

PS. So, what do we prefer, Rallye or Savanna?

For all weather riding (minus goretex, plus oversuit) Atlantis.

ongoing feedback needed

broached the subject of new clothing with 'management' at the weekend !

after noting the prices of the bmw gear, it was off to hein gericke for a look around and see what they had to offer.

the 'voyager IV ?' looked to be pretty good all round all weather stuff, probably with a bias towards the winter months (aka 90% of the british summer included).

any recomendations for something thats good in winter but that wont be too hard going in the summer (this weekend being a good example) or is the bmw gear, really worth the extra dollar ?

thanks

Just been looking for the same rallye outfir and rung around several dealers - both Alan Jeffries and Ocean BMW in Portsmouth offered me the jacket and trousirs at £620 postage paid.

cheers

Re: Rallaye 2

g and l said:
I'm dead impressed, both the misses and I have trousers and jacket.

I did 200 miles yesterday in the rain and fog without the inner liner and everything seemed okay. The jacket is very comfy, and is very well fabricated.

The vents are fantabulous on the jacket and fair on the trousers.

I recently upgraded from Frank Thomas Aqua jacket and trousers, and there is a huge improvement in every respect.
I have some Frank Thomas Aqua Trousers and they are the worst bit of gear I have ever owner with my legs getting wetter on the inside than on the outside. Bin liners would be better. BMW gear looks very good but is far to expensive for me.

HAve fun

AndyT:cool:

I've crash tested the ralleye jacket it held together and the armour did its job. Although I had a couple of bruises under where the armour was on the elbow and shoulder.
There are "skid" marks on the sleeves that would'nt wash out.
Otherwise its fine.
BTW..was wearing leather troos.

agbrindle said:
Just been looking for the same rallye outfir and rung around several dealers - both Alan Jeffries and Ocean BMW in Portsmouth offered me the jacket and trousirs at £620 postage paid.

cheers

I got my Rallye 2 suit from Prestige for £566. If the dealer has the sizes you want in stock, they should be able to knock off in the region of 15% off the list price without too much trouble.

Bob

Bob Southgate said:
I got my Rallye 2 suit from Prestige for £566. If the dealer has the sizes you want in stock, they should be able to knock off in the region of 15% off the list price without too much trouble.

Bob

Got my streetguard from Prestige as well.....35% discount so nernernanerner Bob ;) :D :D

Fanum said:
Got my streetguard from Prestige as well.....35% discount so nernernanerner Bob ;) :D :D

Bit bloody expensive if you had to spend several thousand pounds on your ADV to get the 35% off the jacket Bill:D :D :D

Bob

prestige

can somebody please let me know where 'prestige' are and a contact name / number if at all possible !

thanks chaps

Back
Top Bottom