Thread: Its for charidee, mate.:)

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Its for charidee, mate.:)

Last year we gave the surplus funds from the event to the Calum's Road Appeal to complete the road. This was thanks to the enormous generosity of so many Airhead riders.

This year I thought we should pick something closer to home. I know of a group locally that provide holiday breaks for very handicpped children and adults. We look after one such lad one day a week. He has Down's and Autism and needs 24/7 care. The local group spend all year fund raising with coffee mornings and jumble sales etc to raise money for their summer trip. It is a small local group and all the people are volunteers so 100% of the money, every single penny, goes direct to the people that need it, there is no paid staff or admin costs. I know they would be very grateful for any funds we could raise.

For those that don't know the arrangements at the Wee-kend, we run the event just above break-even level. The food and drink is budgetted to just cover the costs and there is no charge whatsoever for anything else. Camping is free as is use of bathroom/showers and use of workshop etc. If you want to contribute anything else it is entirely your choice and is done anonymously. The whole weekend operates on a Gentlemen/Ladies Trust basis, nobody checks what you have, we just rely on the honesty of everyone to pay their share. This has worked perfectly for the last two years and therefore we will continue to operate on this friendly basis.

Already looking forward to this years event.

Nice one Sid
    Local support gets our vote.
    My other bike is ........... in pieces

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I'm 100% with Sid on this...
    the Charity this year is dear to both of our hearts + the Memsahibs of course.

As he has stated, everything is done on 100% trust...
    It works, so why change it
    We also must reluctantly restrict attendance to 50....

I've also got off of my ample Arse and put the wheels in motion for Mugs imprinted with the design below...

Probably with A.L.F. WeeKend
    instead of Beemeupscotty..
    Forum names or real names will be available on them if required

Also we're after someone to do us a batch of 50 or so T shirts with same design.

Your views are needed on this, if you don't like the design let me know on this thread

I should change this Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    I'm 100% with Sid on this...
    the Charity this year is dear to both of our hearts + the Memsahibs of course.

As he has stated, everything is done on 100% trust...
    It works, so why change it
    We also must reluctantly restrict attendance to 50....

I've also got off of my ample Arse and put the wheels in motion for Mugs imprinted with the design below...

Probably with A.L.F. WeeKend
    instead of Beemeupscotty..
    Forum names or real names will be available on them if required

Also we're after someone to do us a batch of 50 or so T shirts with same design.

Your views are needed on this, if you don't like the design let me know on this thread
    Loving the design
    Have you tried Ronno's mate for the T shirts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Then I remembered. He doesn't ride a GS. Therefore he aint at the sharp end of Dudeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    'Where there's offence, there's brass'

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Good idea Brass

Sid that sounds like a worthy one.

Looking forward to a great weekend again.

The design looks ticketyboo to me Proff. Looking forward to my virgin GSer experience
    R100GSPD The Spearmint Rhino
    R1200GSA MANFRED - The Red Baron
    R1200GS The Golden Wonder. It was Golden and its a wonder I never fell off it!

to both the charity and the design work.. Looking forward to it already.. if not another hang over due to the apple juice!

I'll bring my own cider
    I didn't get one last time.

Size 11.5 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post

I think the tosser who arranged the stickers for Abrasion's Winter Weekend also does T-shirts, but can't find the tread.
    Your design look good Proff

Apart from the text and the picture
    Illegitimis nil carborundum

Looking forward to it. might just cause a divorce for me, but I'll be there with Bertha in tow (possibly "On Tow" ).

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

Sid/Proff, both look good to me.

Looking forward to it....... again.

Relative numpty Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Sid & Proff,

Both ideas excellent!

Looking forward to it