North Oxford Garage BMW - shameful activity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to NOG

... I've never had a better bike buying experience than when I bought two 1200GS in succession from NOG. I have never enjoyed better after sales service or attention than that I have received from NOG.

... Phil Davies even went out of his way to find me an independent buyer for my last GSA when NOG put a hold on buying bikes.

... Sorry if you have different experiences, but much of your experience may be based on YOUR attitude and approach to a hardworking team. I have always approached NOG as friends, and not in an antagonistic manner. I have always been rewarded by service above and beyond the call of duty.

... Plus they serve 'real' coffee :thumb

Andrew I believe you can have your bike self-serviced & then get bmw to verify that it has the specific parts changed. They then will stamp it or accredited by them, still going to charge for that, but its another option.

Complete tosh.............:rolleyes:

Bloody hell, I am just trying to say why should you have to beg a dealer to do the work YOU ARE PAYING him to do?

I ain't unhappy, got no problem with NOG, however may keep options open on where to get bike serviced, as it is my cash I assume I can take it where I want, or do I need your permission on how to spend my money?

I like my bike, the world could be better, but it sure could be a lot worse, not certain all my customers are 100% happy, but I don't expect them to give me any money, much less beg me to line my pockets with gold.

I gave a dealer £8.5k for my bike, will be spending more on servicing this year and possibly extending the warranty when it expires. I have booked in for £1200 of suspension work and bought quite a few other bits and pieces already - I just don't see why I should feel so honoured when someone takes my money, and if it is such a chore to do so I would rather they told me to f*** off so i could give my money to someone who may be glad of the business.

Shit, even bought a part of NOG a while back, I must go back and appologise for the inconvenience I caused with this selfish transaction.

As to moaning about everything, well I have recomended many products and services since arriving here, all of which IMHO have been good value and for the most part because the service was good.

All you've done is hoot. If you like people standing over your shoulder while your doing something intricate then knock yer self out. personally I don't.
Wait till summat goes wrong then it'll be ooh ooh m bmw dealer please help me cos i don't know wot I'm talkin about.
If the was an award for how to piss dealer staff off then you've won it out right!!

Got to agree JB half the balloons on this site haven't got a clue what they're on about

Service it myself and let the dealer stamp my service book FOC - yeah right:rolleyes:

Honour the warranty, regardless of who's fecked it ............yeah right:rolleyes:

You're right........... some numpties here, have more shite the the dairy cow farm opposite my house

No support = No dealers = No new bikes = No s/hand bikes = No residuals

Sounds like a fecked up system to me

Either run secondhand bikes and DIY or buy new ones/approved used BMW and have all the frills/safety net/comfort.................the choice is yours

Well, we've bought three new bikes from them in the past and I've no complaints really. I've dealt with quite a few dealers in the past 30+ years and they are one of the best.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

I bought an approved used 1200GSA from Wollastons after enquiring at NOG first as they are closer.

NOG didn't have anything at the time that suited my criteria (age/price etc.) but promised to keep in touch if anything turned up. Sure enough and to my surprise, a week or so after buying from Wollastons, NOG rang saying they had a bike in that fitted my bill.
I explained the situation, and the salesman wished me luck (not sarcastically) with my purchase, adding that they work quite closely with Wollastons and have always found them to be a stand up dealership. (Which I can attest to ref warranty work etc:thumb)
My last yearly service which included 2 new tyres was done at Cotswold as they are 20mins down the road. Very competitive and friendly they were too. (£500 ish incl tyres). Loan of an RT1200 demo bike as I had expressed a passing interest in one for £10 for the insurance. They didn't bat an eyelid when I rang to say I couldn't pick the bike up until Monday (this was a Friday) as I had an elderly family member crisis:eek: I put 500 miles on their demonstrator that weekend and they cared not a jot:bounce1

I would have no problem recommending NOG (no experience of their service side) or Cotswold:thumb

In my days in the industry (at a very good Honda dealer) we knew of a official Honda "Gold" dealer who did not even have the special tools for doing the V4 valve checks, did not stop them charging for work we knew they were not capable of doing!

What special tools were they then? or do you mean the "special" tool for holding one end of the camshaft tight against its bearing whilst the followers at the other end were torqued down? :nenau....(for when the cam shafts had been taken out/refitted and not on normal valve checks ) Just curious.

:)

Apologies to NOG

err.....some of us actually DO give a sh***. Our reputation and jobs depend on it! We don't always get things right but try to apply common sense and fix the problem as quickly as possible on the thankfully rare occasions we do 'stuff' things up. Try us, we'd be keen to match or even beat other servicing prices if you give us a chance.

Peter Cramp
Motorcycle General Manager
Ocean Plymouth

This statement is in no way 'meant' to be indicative that it is only Ocean that gives a s***e and I unreservedly apologise to any brilliant dealers, like NOG, who may have misinterpreted and/or been offended by this comment.
I believe that UKGSER's and the BMW Dealer network need each other and that this forum should be used to bring us closer together not drive us further apart. I, like countless other dealers who rely on loyal customers look forward to your continued support and extend an invitation to join us on the 19th March for the new season launch and for the unveiling of the K1600GT, R1200R and G650GS.

Safe riding, see you soon.

I find people in Bashtormer interested just in selling you bikes and/or equipment. They are not interested in building a relationship with the customer.
The people who work behind the desk of parts/service do not have any sense for customer service. They are utterly useless when dealing with people.

That completely contradicts all my experiance with them since they've been in business.

That completely contradicts all my experiance with them since they've been in business.

And mine, they seem quite willing to help even when they aren't making any money. As an organisation, they seem to have a sound grasp of the importance of keeping the customer happy, and how best to do keep on doing so.

Balderstons

I bought my bike at Cooper BMW Sunderland; they don't have a bike mechanic working on Saturdays so was forced to look elsewhere as I work away during the week.
Took my bike to Balderstons for it's first service and have been back every time since.
I am not a mechanic or minded that way; so asked if I can watch the service to get an idea of what goes on etc and was allowed to watch the whole process. Content with this, the mechanics even chatted about the bike letting me know more about their experience of bikes brought in for works. I learned alot, and needless to say their attention to detail is awesome. My bike was too hot to work on so they cleaned up the brake pads and performed a range of general checks.
I was going to London one day in October last year and punctured the rear tyre, I managed to hobble around to Balderstons who had me back on the road in 20 minutes with a new tyre.
I was even offered the use of a car to go and get some lunch one day as I waited for a service.

I recommend them wholeheartedly.

P.S. After a year Cooper have sent me two letters wondering if the bike was due it's first service yet! (I had to ring them up and tell them no it's next service is 24k due in a month or two)!

I found Bahnstormers very helpful when I did not get my warranty information, service history or an explanation of a "missed" service from the dealer I bought my bike from.

They knew I had just purchased the machine and it would not need much work doing for some time, but still took the time out to help me.

I returned on an open day and found them happy to chat and the tech guy I spoke to seemed to have a bit of a passion for the bikes and pride in the work they do - ticks all the boxes for me.

Still not got my warranty book through from supplying dealer 5 months after buying bike, this is after 4-5 phone calls to dealer and 1 to BMW directly - surely I am not asking too much from them?

And mine, they seem quite willing to help even when they aren't making any money. As an organisation, they seem to have a sound grasp of the importance of keeping the customer happy, and how best to do keep on doing so.

Mine to. I had demo rides there but ended up buying my 1200GSA privately but I had two services done and bought the odd item of kit. They have always been helpful, replaced items under warranty and a final drive bearing under goodwill 6 months outside of warranty. Sure they need to make money so nothings cheap but from a customer service viewpoint they have always been good to me. When I can afford the new K1600GT I have no doubts from where I will buy it from.

I'm going to close this thread as the debate has shot off at a tangent, whilst I don't have a problem with that, I feel it is unfair on NOG to have a thread with this title continually brought to the forefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.