Horizons Unlimited Ireland 2011

A question for a wet Friday afternoon!

What would you do if you were 24, didn't have a bike licence, no insurance, no experience and no bike gear?

Ruth Houston had the answer. She headed off to Hanoi , hired a 125cc and rode off down the Ho Chi Min trail to Ho Chi Min city!

Want to hear her story?

It's time you registered for the HU Ireland weekend in Enniskillen on 27/29 May.

Register at:

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/meetings/Ireland2011.php

And remember. Numbers will be restricted this year. So get your name down to be sure of a place.

Blimey its coming round fast...

Can't wait to meet and greet everyone again this year... :aidan

James and I will be making use of the fantastic raffle prize I won at last years event for half price bike transport to Europe with http://www.overlanders.ie/ we decided to transport the bikes to Malaga and do 3 weeks touring and off road around Andalucia and the remainder of Spain, heading back via UK in time for HU Ireland... so we can round off our trip surrounded by good company at the event...

Look forward to seeing ya'll there... :thumb2

St. Patrick's Day announcement

A special treat for St. Patrick's Day :aidan

He whose name is whispered in respectful tones in the hallowed halls of UKGSER has agreed to speak to his followers at Enniskillen. This is an occasion which will be written and spoken of in hushed tones for times to come. What will you tell your grandchildren when they ask "Where you there when the Great Man spoke?"

Of whom do I speak?

Aidan (aka Aidan!) McParland :bow:bow has signed up as a presenter and will tell us about his trip across America last year.

"From sea to shining sea"

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all. :beerjug:

He whose name is whispered in respectful tones in the hallowed halls of UKGSER has agreed to speak to his followers at Enniskillen. This is an occasion which will be written and spoken of in hushed tones for times to come. What will you tell your grandchildren when they ask "Where you there when the Great Man spoke?"

Of whom do I speak?

Aidan (aka Aidan!) McParland :bow:bow has signed up as a presenter and will tell us about his trip across America last year.

How could we miss this great event, I will register as soon as I can find Geraldines Master card:D:D

Of whom do I speak?

I see...
it all fits together now :blast
this is why he is coming to hear yer man :aidan

All booked.

Got a 10 day pass :JB so i'm going to the NW200 and then hanging around for this.

Might do a wee tour of Donegal in-between.

Any recommendations ?

Hi David

Suggestions for routes? have a browse through the "Discovering Ireland" sticky towards the top of the Ireland section. Lots of information there.

For the NW200 consider splashing out on a Grandstand ticket. Close to the action, comfortable and if screens working at start/finish, you can follow the race all round the circuit. OK it's pampering but for a ringside seat and a days fantastic entertainment, it is worth considering.

Looking forward to meeting up in Enniskillen.

Liam

Hi Liam

Just got my finger out and put my name down, talk to you before the end of the month, hey wait a minute, what am I doing here I ride a Honda! :}

Liam

Hi Liam and Naoimi

As promised we have registered.

See ye on 27th of May

I will try to restrain Brian from starting his sleeps thread until at least May 1st :thumb2

Just back from a fantastic weekend "invading Wexford" Thanks Geraldine, Brian and team for all the the planning.

A few people have asked if the off-road rideout will take place this year. I have just had confirmation from Brian (he who dragged offroaders through the Fermanagh muck last year) that he will be happy to inflict the same punishment this year!! (that should tempt Daithi!!) Brian has asked that anyone going on this rideout pay £10 on the day, this money to go to the Children's Heartbeat Trust based at the Royal Children's Hospital. Brian's sister's child is presently benifiting from the machines provided by this Trust. So if you are intending to go offroad with Brian and the other guys, make sure that you give the charity donation to him.

One more confirmed presenter to add to the list (a few more possibles in the wings)

Les Madge of TraveDri-Plus

will host a camping forum with the interesting title "Anyone can rough it....but do you want to??"

Les knows his stuff so lots of useful tips to pick up.

Register at

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/meetings/Ireland2011.php

Back
Top Bottom