enduro

halfpint

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
there must be others out there, just for a laugh or to win the the title. just ride off road with other. there are a few who think it matters if they win but is it just taking part.????:augie:augie

there must be others out there, just for a laugh or to win the the title. just ride off road with other. there are a few who think it matters if they win but is it just taking part.????:augie:augie

I'd be up for taking part in an enduro. The green lanes round Herts are steadily getting closed.

Now then, stop laughing, I know my off-road abilities are truly, utterly woeful (as you have witnessed first hand) and I won't be anywhere near the Jagermeister boys :augie but everyone has to start somewhere. :comfort

Is there an 'easy enduro' option for knobbers like me?

See the Off Road Events section for details of the Salisbury plain enduro this coming weekend. Suitable for complete novices.

hehe

See the Off Road Events section for details of the Salisbury plain enduro this coming weekend. Suitable for complete novices.

that makes me laugh "suitable for complete novices" what that meens in enduro speak is "novices will get stuck in the first boggy bit and them and their bikes will form the only traction for the fast lads"
i've raced in the same races as edmonson, tett, knight and lampkin (note the way i said in the same races rather than against them as i along with many others just formed the moving chicane:aidan) and theres nothing as heartbreaking as struggling to get your bike through a bogg and seeing one of these boys float past at mach 3:eek: special breed of bike racer:thumb2

cracked ribs???

enduro foxborough pits near halstead essex run by sudbury mcc march 13, as easy as it gets go give it a try you can even ride round the bogs . just enter in the iron man class and ride till you are fecked then rest and go out again. have a look at sudbury mcc site and watch the action .....:augie

Now then, stop laughing, I know my off-road abilities are truly, utterly woeful (as you have witnessed first hand) and I won't be anywhere near the Jagermeister boys :augie but everyone has to start somewhere. :comfort

You were there you did it, don`t be put off by that macho bollocks :rolleyes:

TIDWORTH ENDURO is a great first timer, fantastic if wet, you need HARE AND HOUNDS type.

macho bollocks

just enter turn up and ride. when you have had enough stop and rest if want to go on thats fine, just think that . dont worry about what others do. just get on with it dont say you cant . muddy bogs streams ,tight woods the fast boys will just ride round you (over you}let them do the work. :nenau:nenau

I'd be up for taking part in an enduro. The green lanes round Herts are steadily getting closed.

Check out chilternhillsenduroclub

I used to ride their enduros, they try to make them fun and discourage the MX types. Though some of the guys are very competative.

Thank you for all the replies and advice :bow :thumb2

Cheers for the ideas on clubs and events, all bookmarked, so let's have a go! Unfortunately I can't make the Salisbury Plain event, but some of the others look do-able.

I've got a bike and kit, the only thing I need to sort out is a towbar and collapsible trailer (no room to store it otherwise).

Watch this space..... :eek

Enjoy yourself, Bakerlonglegs

Here is a great day for guys thinking about their first enduro, You get to ride a enduro track without the pressure of competition. On the Sat it is for adult novice or Dads with their kids, and on the Sunday its for Adult competant.

26th/27th February 2011
'Hillside Havoc' Returns.
Ivinghoe Aston Beds. LU7 9DP

http://www.enduroland.co.uk/

Enduro practice day

Bakerlonglegs, Chiltern Hills Enduro club have a practice day this Sunday (20 March), where you can give an enduro course a go. I'm going (must enrol tonight), I hope to do their enduro series year.

Thanks for the nudges, serge and shadude! :thumb2 I've had a look at the Chiltern and Enduroland websites - I like the way they rate each venue in terms of being novice friendly :comfort :D .

My next step is to sort out transport for the bike, for any event. I need a towbar putting on the car and a collapsible trailer (no room for it otherwise). Because my car has canbus electrics, that bumps the price for a towbar fit up, even from an independent place, to around £300. The only collapsible trailers I've found are motolug, and they are £550-£600-ish (keeping my eyes out for a 2nd hand one). So you're talking £850 touch, which I'm up for doing but I haven't got the readies right now - a bit of saving is required!! Hopefully all will be cool in a couple of months....

In the meantime, I'll come along to some of the events just to see how it all works.

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom