Wapping's Wanders - Ardennes - 29/4-2/5

If we were to follow LBL down to Verdun, I say follow, more like live in hope that we may get there, I have visited the WW1 battlesite on numerous occasions so may be of some assistance if folk wish to see this part of the Great War. Of course this is from a French/German perspective, but did play it's part for the reason for the battle for the somme in 1916.

Cheers.

David.

Let's see what bods fancy on the day.

Me? I quite fancy the longish 250 miles route I hacked out of the Michelin 80 Virees book...... and the 'ring..... and Clervaux..... and the Battle of the Bulge...... better make it a fortnight instead! :D
Me too, all of the above :comfort I just wanna ride my Bike :D

Looks like the Ring will be open Saturday Pm (could be as late as 2pm for Bikes) and all day on Sunday 30th... :cool:

Looks like the Ring will be open Saturday Pm (could be as late as 2pm for Bikes) and all day on Sunday 30th... :cool:

Why does one need to goto Europe for a Ring when we have the good old A406? Some cracking turns particularly through Bounds Green these days. I'll head down to Essential Rubber just in case...:D

Wapping's Wanders - The route from Calais to Bouillon

Rain or shine....

Let's go the middle of the scenic route options.

Motorway to Cambrai

Leave at J8

Head towards Cambrai

Pick up the new ringroad (I think it is now finished)

Then D roads via:

Bohain-en-Vermandois (Stop for coffee / scoff)

Vervins

Montcornet

Rozoy-s-Serre

Liart

Ring road around bottom of Charliville-Mezieres

Sort of south edge of Sedan

Bouillon

=====

Route card attached

Richard

Attachments

• Routes for Bouillon trip.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 87
Hello Wapping,

Good work on the routes.
Got the array of routes for the trip loaded into mapsource, apart from the zipped ones,
do we have agreement of which routes we are doing over the trip, or is that all still up for discussion. Hopefully should all fit into the zumo.

dxtans

I dont want to put any of your punters off Richard but :D

Worthingwelsh, Ncpeirce and i booked a trip up to Bouillon a while ago, we are going over on the Thursday night, so we may well be sharing breakfast and a beer, and knowing you and welshy it may be a few very late nights :beer::blast

think it must be you guys i met at newlands today enjoy your trip wouls certainly be interested in future trips

regards dj 800 gs all the gear no idea
:beerjug:

think it must be you guys i met at newlands today enjoy your trip wouls certainly be interested in future trips

regards dj 800 gs all the gear no idea
:beerjug:

Certainly was Daveo,

Twas WorthingWelsh and I, keep your eye on the site and in the Southern Section for ride outs :thumb2

Lloyd

Certainly was Daveo,

Twas WorthingWelsh and I, keep your eye on the site and in the Southern Section for ride outs :thumb2

Lloyd

More like mystery rides ... you never know where you are going end up :D

More like mystery rides ... you never know where you are going end up :D

I hope your all sorted for your trip instead of messing about on here :D

When you picking the bike up then matey, dont forget to let me know if you want my sticky strip for your panniers. I'm off work now til 5th May so can pop it over before thursday.

Lloyd

I hope your all sorted for your trip instead of messing about on here :D

Just sticking LBLs routes into my satnav and planning my escape route for Saturday morning :thumb2 Only 2days at work to get through first!

Back
Top Bottom