Wapping's Wanders - Ardennes - 29/4-2/5

Cruel, cruel, but the evidence is damning :D

I still remember Mr Maslen and I happily following our two intrepid leaders round and around, the locals must have thought we were mad.........they were right :D

I now base all my routes on that system :thumb2

Wapping's Wanders

The cast list has grown by one.

We have gained an extra bod, which is good as it fills the one spare bed I had been holding. The Johnny-Come-Lately is a friend of ChasMill's and mine, Richard Fothergill.

Dramatis personae now reads:

Wapping
ChasMill (and Rory)
Richard Fothergill
Phil Reader
Mr & Mrs Dxtans
Robroy
NeilDD
North London Cookie
Wandering Star

Nine bikes and 11 bodies

=======

This is now a largish gaggle of bikes, so it is inevitable that we will at some point get divided by a mile or more on the journey. We WILL run the marker drop-off system, which I will run through again on the train.

I will do some more work on days out whilst we are in Bouillon and try to create a list of possible alternative things to see and / or do for anyone who might want to do their own thing whilst we are there. I will also create our possible return routes.

Richard

Absolutely true Richard, they cant remember, they thought the town was Cambrai :blast strange how some remember the girl in the white trousers in the town square in the morning tho :drool

If my memory serves me correct, you and WW left the pub last about 1.30am once they had put all the chairs on the tables, bad influence methinks :)

Looking forward to revisiting that fine bar on the Thursday night. Also, I knew exactly where I was...........................Europe.:augie

I must admit, I was feeling a smidge hungover the next day. White trousers :drool

Cheers.

David.

Dramatis personae now reads:

Wapping
ChasMill (and Rory)
Richard Fothergill
Phil Reader
Mr & Mrs Dxtans
Robroy
NeilDD
North London Cookie
Wandering Star
--------
I will do some more work on days out whilst we are in Bouillon and try to create a list of possible alternative things to see and / or do for anyone who might want to do their own thing whilst we are there.

Richard
Thanks Richard, I might take a day out to the Ring if anyone might want to join me if the weather is fine (and I am on the S...:D ) Looking forward to meeting you guys, all GS ers?

Phil954

ps nice forum btw,

Last edited:
Thanks Richard, I might take a day out to the Ring if anyone might want to join me if the weather is fine (and I am on the S...:D ) Looking forward to meeting you guys, all GS ers?

Phil954

ps nice forum btw,

Hi Phil,

You found where we hide then.

Good idea about going to the 'Ring. :thumb2

Richard

PS For any punters that are interested Phil knows his way around the Green Hell :thumb2:thumb2

I cant believe I'm missing this return trip Richard, and yes I remember the white trousers! Fancy the bloody niece getting married this w/e.

I'm up for a pootle around the 'Ring with son and heir on the back (just don't tell his Mum) ...

Phil - as you are also from the land of net curtains and patio doors (Pylonia) - want to meet up on the way to the tunnel?

Right ho' I have done up some possible routes.

To (hopefully) make it easier I will post them up in this thread.

Days out

Days out

I have created six alternatives.

A longish 250 mile loop (200 miles if you drop the additional loop at the top). This I lifted from the 80 Virees a moto thread.

A jaunt up to Clervaux and back. 190 mile round trip.

A jaunt up to Givet and back. 150 miles.

The 'ring. Out and back on different routes. 250 mile round trip.

Bouillon to Bastogne (Battle of the Bulge museum & American Memorial). 41 miles one way. To come back simply press the hotel in Favourites. http://www.bastognehistoricalcenter.be/index2.php?sm=bastogne_en-1

Bouillon to Hackenberg A19 (The largest of the Maginot line forts) 95 miles one way. To come back simply press the hotel in Favourites. http://maginot-hackenberg.com/visitevirtuelleanglais.htm

Attachments

• Bouillon to Bastogne museum.gdb
    20.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Bouillon to Hackenberg A19.gdb
    39.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Ride out - Bouillon - Charl M - Givet - 260 miles (200 without loop).zip
    74.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Ride out Bouillon - Clervaux - Arlon - 190 miles.zip
    52.4 KB · Views: 154
  • The 'ring.gdb
    124.6 KB · Views: 155
Days out...