Wapping's Wanders - Ardennes - 29/4-2/5

Wapping

Reaction score
Assorted bods expressed an interest in this trip.

It is going ahead.

It is the weekend of the royal wedding 29/4 and bank-holiday Monday 2/5, so if you get bank-holidays off it is no loss of leave.

Train times to be confirmed, but expect a train out on Friday at about 08:30 and a train back on Monday at about 17:00. I will sort the train times out tomorrow.

We will be staying in Bouillon, at the hotel de la poste, which I have used before. For those that worry about parking, it has a bloody big garage with a steel door.

The town is well served with bars and restaurants all catering for touristical types like ourselves.

We can take a scenic route down. We can then come back via a more direct route. Plenty of good roads to enjoy in the area. Bods can do their own thing or we can team up on the two days we are in Bouillon. Battle of the Bulge sites nearby and the 'ring is a (longish) morning's ride away. I will need to check if the 'ring is open.

I think the list of tourists goes:

Wapping

Mr & Mrs DXTans

Mr & Mrs Toad

Ebbo

NeilDD

SamD

Stubbs

Hustler

Timpo

Mr Magicfingers (not sure if you are on your own??)

When making the reservations, I have assumed blokes are happy to share.

Those on the list who are site subscribers I will send a PM to.

No deposits required by the hotel..... as they trust me. I do want to go back there, too!

=====

The jaunt is fully subscribed as it stands and I have a basic reserve list already.

Train times and current return fare

Train out: 08:20

Train back
: 16:50

Return fare: £48

I have booked my ticket

I dont want to put any of your punters off Richard but :D

Worthingwelsh, Ncpeirce and i booked a trip up to Bouillon a while ago, we are going over on the Thursday night, so we may well be sharing breakfast and a beer, and knowing you and welshy it may be a few very late nights :beer::blast

Worthingwelsh, Ncpeirce and i booked a trip up to Bouillon a while ago, we are going over on the Thursday night, so we may well be sharing breakfast and a beer, and knowing you and welshy it may be a few very late nights :beer::blast

:101:hogroast:friday:jager:beer::beerjug:

:thumb

I think I may revisit that fine drinking establishment across the river from the Hotel.

And they do food:D

Booked! Also the same trains as you Richard.

I'm planning do what I did on Wapping's St Omer trip last year and stay in Folkestone on Thursday night. £25 seems a good alternative to an extra 2 hours on the first day.

Should be a blast.

Richard I have booked my tickets same as yours. Wandering Star is currently waiting for Tower Clearance.

The greedy bas*ards have raised the fare to £49!

Thanks for arranging. I am practicing my French Canadian.

Rob Roy sounds like a good plan of staying down there night before.

.....and just as it was going so well, too :D

Ah, Mr Richard Sir, I think you may have secretly enjoyed taking a beer with the locals and feeling part of the local wine tasting fraternity.

We may get to meet old friends.

Cheers.

David.

Richard I have booked my tickets same as yours. Wandering Star is currently waiting for Tower Clearance.

Almost there - just one more heave - ho!

Just got my invite to the Royal Wedding :(

only have the Sidecar out fit at the moment and 200 miles a day is about 100 miles a day too many.

I think you may have secretly enjoyed taking a beer with the locals and feeling part of the local wine tasting fraternity.

Back
Top Bottom