• 1150 Headlight surround

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 1150 S/Motor Cover

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • 1150 Air Tube

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 1150 R/Hand Panel

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 1150 C/Head Covers (complete coverage - not OEM)

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • 1150 Belly Pan

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 1150 Hand Guards

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • 1150 Oil Cooler Guard

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 1100 C/Head Covers (complete coverage - not OEM)

• 1100 Belly Pan

• Mudguard to fit after 17" wheel conversion

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Other - please list

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is my idea for the C/Head guards. OE style with much better looks and with Carbon and Kevlar protection.

What do you think?

Attachments

• BMW 1150 CH 1.jpg
    BMW 1150 CH 1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 142
As promised, here are a few pics of the items I have already produced and marketed.

Attachments

• Air T 2.jpg
    Air T 2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Side 2.jpg
    Side 2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Sprock 2.jpg
    Sprock 2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Hugg 2.jpg
    Hugg 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Belly 1.jpg
    Belly 1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 151
This is my idea for the C/Head guards. OE style with much better looks and with Carbon and Kevlar protection.

What do you think?

I had some like that on my bike back in 2001 from the "GS Fun Factory" as was...be careful when making them...Mine leaked so was refunded...

Mike1.gif

Your stuff looks good BTW.....!

Coolcarbon - Thanks for the info. I would aim to make these as covers which would be moulded from OE. That way people could afford them but offer excellent protection. I could get the replacement heads made but I think they would price most people out.

Your bike looks great in the pic BTW :thumb2

Thanks to everyone who has voted.
FYI - I would need at least 5-6 orders to produce each individual piece - if the votes ended up as orders

That's the good thing about forums, if something is a good idea you'll know about it quickly. If enough people post up about these then maybe they could be produced. As an aside, has this swap been done before?

Yeah, like a micro glove-box

Sounds girly, but I had a Aprilia Pegaso Strada once that had a little stowage area on top of the tank - was super useful

I know it's kinda the whole point of your thread, but not sure it'd need to be carbon fibre

What do you think?

looks good as do the other parts you've posted pics for, just depends on price.

My chocolate engine/crash bars are adorning my garage floor at the moment, and are likely to stay there. The plastic 'engine protector' is....... at best useless, so I'm open to alternatives. :thumb2:thumb2

I'm confident that any pieces I produce that are already on the market - I can come in cheaper and most probably better quality too. Those that aren't about will be priced to sell because I really want to see my items out on the road

As an example, I'm estimating a mudguard to fit 17" conversion would come in at approx £130-£140ish and they are currently £175 on Boxer-Design so about 20% down on that item.

These could be made, as with all the pieces I need to know there is a market amongst you guys before I can allocate prototype costs?

I have something similar fitted to my GS, but they were originally for a Yamaha MX bike & cost £30

Attachments

• Fork Protectors Fitted.jpg
    Fork Protectors Fitted.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 96

Back
Top Bottom