Regimental Dinner

SCP

Reaction score
Well I loved the Hograost last year and its marked on my calendar for this year and annual leave booked well in advance.

Then today I get the invite to the Sgts Mess Regimental Dinner and low and behold the dates clash.
As the Squadron Sergeant Major of one of the three Cadet sub-units in Norfolk its an expectation that I go so had to write a very hard letter today:

Dear RSM,

It is is with deep regret that due to a hoiliday booking Ive already made I will be unable to attend the Regimental Dinner Night,

CNE SSM

Theres no way I'm missing Elvis!!

(Theres no way I'm missing Elvis!! doesnt appear in the letter!)

"You do realise that it is an honour to be a member of the Mess...............:blagblah"
I think Roger is suggesting saying "I realise that it is an honour to be a member of the Mess" - that's how I read it anyway.

If the letter hasn't already gone, the words "unavoidable prior commitment" could be included somewhere perhaps? :thumb

They don't need to know that Elvis is the prior commitment. :D

I hope there will be a coctail party on the saturday evening, if so, you can still come dressed up if it will make you feel better:ChrisKelly

We ...

... could always introduce a dress code if it'd make you feel less guilty ?

... could always introduce a dress code if it'd make you feel less guilty ?

I used to have a constant verbal joust with the mighty one with the scrambled egg on his wrist instead of stripes on his arm about the differing versions and definitions of a job and his private club...................................... good fun:rob

SCP

I have JUST SEEN THIS, woooooooooooh proud as :clap:clap:clap:clap

http://www.echoesofelvis.co.uk/1.html just booked ELVIS both nights

As for dress code we do have ELVIS and THE (HILLYBILLY) ROCKING BANDITS
FRIDAY.

SATURDAY night THE BRIEFCASE BLUES BAND

Guys shouldn`t be too difficult to DRESS UP on both night, think the Blues people sell hats and glasses.

Back
Top Bottom