BMW 1200GS Adventure V's Gixxer 1000

like most folk i still enjoy throwing the leg over the pocket rocket albeit the legs are a bit stiffer and slower.gone are the days when plod would pull you in and pencil in your reg and say once more today and its a fine.it seems nowadays your as evil as the taliban for speeding let alone all those twats without tax,mot or insurance & drive as if they've never had a lesson & lets not get on about bloody foreigners(rant over).i enjoy the GSA but still have those moments when you seem to lose your sanity and twist that throttle all the way except your not approaching take off speeds.no matter how old i get i just can't help myself.:rob

exactly the same story for me, traded in the GSXR against a GSA and I haven't looked back :beerjug:

Interesting reads, I test rode a GS on Saturday and paid a deposit on a used WC 13 model yesterday, I will pick her up next month. I have had a k6 Gixer since new and I love it, I have clocked up 46k+ trouble free and enjoyable miles on it, I have taken it to the continent, Belgium, France, Germany, Austria, Italy etc. and loved every trip. When I first started riding abroad most of my fellow travellers were also on soprtsbikes, these days most are using more practical bikes like Blackbirds, Tigers and of course BMW's. I have fancied getting something with panniers that would be more practical for the winter, touring, camping etc and have tried a few bikes recently, the new Vstrom, Mt09, that sort of thing but after trying the GS on Saturday I knew I had to have this bike. I intend to keep and use my K6 and have the absolute best of both worlds but it's early days yet as I haven't yet lived with the GS. I know I am going to enjoy the experience though and I only hope it doesn't come to the stage where I have to chose between them. I was seriously impressed with the ride, clearly.

Great Thread, same for me on this. Sold my 2009 Hayabusa last year and bought my first GS. I will say that I miss having that kind of power to hand, but never once have I missed the sport bikes since owning the GS. I would almost go as far as to say, it's the best bike I have ever owned :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom