YAMAHA WR

doyle

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone have or have had a wr250.I have the chance of one for doing forest/hill tracks etc.
It is the last of the steel framed ones.0n a 07 plate,road registered.
Anything i should know/check.Iv'e done the obvious and read up a bit about them but would be good to hear from someone that had run one.

cheers.

I've riden on on a REME day and I've got a 450 at the moment, great bits of kit - hope you like spanners though, the 450 takes a lot of maintaining

A lot of maintaining as in what ? oil /filters , anything else? The bike would be just be used for trail riding so would'nt /should'nt be getting hammered.

cheers

wr

the best bike, enduro trails no problem, as for spanners just fork seals in 2k . just service and ride it ,its from japan. if its not being raced just change the oil every 40 hours and it will be fine. they just get better with use . had mine 2 years no problem great bike.:comfort

A lot of maintaining as in what ? oil /filters , anything else? The bike would be just be used for trail riding so would'nt /should'nt be getting hammered.

cheers

Yep, just the usual stuff. My 450 doesn't get raced - I ain't that good - but it was getting serviced every 10 hours. This could be extended, but I'm not sure is want to push it too far, my experience has been that the oil can go from good to Yuk pretty quickly.

Great bikes, massive amount of fun and definitely the best way to learn and enjoy trail riding. Just a lot of tinkering. I recon ive spent at least 25% of my time working on it rather that riding it. No biggy, just routine maintenance.

Thanks, It kinda goes along with the research i;ve done. I want the bike for cross country stuff and hill roads and woods so i think the 250 will be fine,I was surprised how quiet it is which is a good thing where i will be using it.Now just need to do the deal.:augie

Back
Top Bottom