What do you think of your dealer

Cheers for asking Martyn. As I thought a total mind **** of an exam.Out of 15 eligeable candidates only 9 of us according to the training school have actually had the bollocks to put our skills to the test. One lad was in tears last week as just buckled under the pressure.
Didn't appreciate the 4& a half hour drive back from Reading though.
As for the outcome I won't know for a couple of weeks, not really sure . Won't be upset if I haven't as you lot will still be targets of my wit, sarcasm & general piss taking.
Will still look after everyones bikes to the best of my ability

Was it for the master technician qualification?

Was it for the master technician qualification?

Your very well informed Bob. All I will say it doesn't matter what your abilities are even if you've been doing it as long as I have,are that when you've got several tasks complete across a vast scope of mechanicing under an exceptional tight time frame plus you have adjudicators from other manufacturers then you see what we're up against.
Eye opening day -full respect to them that pass

Get yer finger out, instead of skiving down @ HQ:augie

You don't need no education:thumb

JB if only that were true, I'm sure Steptoe will back me up on this one as a techy you never stop learning.
The biggest challenge we face is the new MOSS system as its a variation on the car system & its taking some learning as i've told you on many occassion.
But we'll get there.

PS hardly skiving went down sunday for study period then got shafted for a pint of guinness and a pint of lager for me ole' mucker -Martyn from Barry Robson's £8.15 f**kin ell.:eek: Oh the joys of being down south!!

Hardly skiving went down sunday for study period then got shafted for a pint of guinness and a pint of lager for me ole' mucker -Martyn from Barry Robson's £8.15 f**kin ell.:eek: Oh the joys of being down south!!

That must have made you:tears..............................:augie

That must have made you:tears..............................:augie

Thats why dealer's charge what they do -jollies for their spanner men.
Barry sent Martyn down with a very nice tarten coloured thermos flask full of tea and some cold meat sarnies for the journey down

Thats why dealer's charge what they do -jollies for their spanner men.
Barry sent Martyn down with a very nice tarten coloured thermos flask full of tea and some cold meat sarnies for the journey down

Why does that not suprise me:blast

Your very well informed Bob. All I will say it doesn't matter what your abilities are even if you've been doing it as long as I have,are that when you've got several tasks complete across a vast scope of mechanicing under an exceptional tight time frame plus you have adjudicators from other manufacturers then you see what we're up against.
Eye opening day -full respect to them that pass

It's a very tough qualification to get and I know there are not many that have it. So well done if you get it:thumb2

It's a very tough qualification to get and I know there are not many that have it. So well done if you get it:thumb2

If anyone can, he can..................he's an intuitive one, mention a symptom and he knows how to cure it

Best memory was in 1999, I'd bought a 3k R11RT ex demo from Pidcocks, after riding it for a week the front brake lever was returning to the grip and very different, from my R11GS

Took it back to Pidcocks to sort - new front master cylinder, new pads and brakes re-bled 3 times with new fluid and 3 hours work, all under warranty:rolleyes:

It was a little better, so I left happy - on my way back up the M1 i called into Rainbow for a brew, pulled up and Shaun was outside and commented on what a bonny bike it was.

I agreed but had had a front brake problem which the supplying dealer had tried to sort, but not completely cured despite thowing an army of new parts at it:rolleyes:

Skywalker came out pushing a bike after servicing it, Shaun called him over and I described the excessive front brake lever travel fault, he pulled a screwdrive out of his overalls, said it was a tiny grubscrew on the lever cam, that needed adjusting - 10 seconds and it was perfect

Pidcocks had thrown best part of £300 to try to sort it:blast

From then on...............Rainbow and Skywalker come No1 in my book

If anyone can, he can..................he's an intuitive one, mention a symptom and he knows how to cure it

From then on...............Rainbow and Skywalker come No1 in my book

Been dealing with Rainbow since err . . 1990? and haven't felt let down yet. :thumb2.
Fingers crossed you've passed -Glyn says 90S is lovely now!

It's all very nice having a thread about nice friendly perfect in every way dealers, but the truth is everbody makes mistakes (i know i used SPC for a few years:blast)

Some (perhaps most) of these issues are down to poor communication between customer & dealer, and some are internal communication issues between service desks and workshop or perhaps between sales staff and service desks, it happens everywhere in most businesses, the big difference is how the problem is dealt with from then on, this is where some dealships shine and others fall way behind.

My (serious) issues with NOG were left (sadly) unresolved, even by way of an apology and that led me to deal with Barnstormers who were, as ever, fantastic by comparison.

Sure I never bothered to go into NOG and stamp my feet and throw a hissy fit (even though it was well deserved IMO) life's too short!

That dosn't mean I can forgive and forget the way the bike & me were treated though:(

All this led me to stop biking under the BMW corporate umbrella and so I bought an airhead IMO the last of the real GS's:thumb2
Shep

I can't speak highly enough of Bahnstormer. No one gets it right all the time but these guys get it right more than most in my book and IMHO they are good people who try and do the right thing.

I may be biased in that I've spent so much frigging money with them in the last couple of years I should have shares!

Never broken down (touch wood:eek:), never felt ripped off and set off, safe in the knowledge my bike's as ready as it could be:thumb

Congrats again Tim :thumb

Never say never eh ;)

Never felt ripped off misen ... but four generations of Wheelers have been happy to deal with Rainbow ... none 'em ever felt ripped off :thumb

:beerjug:

Wollaston BMW Northampton have been excellent.

Bought my 1200GS about 18 months ago and the salesman Matthew was very good, no pressure and did me a good deal.
Very helpful and a good bloke to chat to, always makes a point to say hello when I'm in there.

Richard Shaw is manager of parts and also sells the clothing etc. He is the man to see.
I've bought a lot of stuff from him and he always takes a lot of time to make sure I get what I want and always sorts out a good deal.
I've had Autocom, Rallye 3 suit, boots, new tyres and plenty more at great prices. :D

Just bought a Shoei Hornet on saturday from Richard and the price was better than I could find on internet plus I have the reassurance that if I have a problem I know where to go back to.

Top guys and long may it continue.:thumb
If you're anywhere near Northants you should try them.

:beerjug:
JJ

Have used Rainbow since my first Paris Dakar R100GS Purple Cow,have had a few bikes off them and will always return to them.No other dealer comes close in South Yorkshire. A good team of staff. Better at new place for facilities , however felt more laid back at the old shop. I have had the usual R1150GS and R1200GS problems. They have always stepped up to the plate when needed.Long may they continue.
Andrew

Giving a :thumb2 to Cotswold Motorrad who handled my recent Triple Black purchase superbly.

All the staff were friendly and extremely helpful and knowledgeable too. Took my ride back there last weekend for its 600 mile service. Also got them to do the Valet and ACF50 treatment (£49.99) and I was very pleased with the results.

While there - also spotted a familiar face - my riding instructor from 2008 (Rick Morton from Motag) who now works there in sales (after too many cold winters in the saddle teaching noobs like me got the better of him ;) ) Ruddy nice chap and and excellent instructor.

It is all a matter of experiences and preferrences.

I agree with all the positive reports and good experiences received by BMW owners from Bahnstormer. :thumb2

Paul, Mike, Darren et al are all friendly and helpful. IMHO all the lads and lasses at Bahnstormer are very friendly, helpful and professional indeed.
To date, the service costs have been fair and I am happy with the good work which they've undertaken.
My vote goes to :thumb2 Bahnstormer :thumb2 - Thank you all.

Thanks for the recent customer loyalty discount when I purchased a few accessories. :thumb2
I know it is difficult to give a discount on every item given some of the small profit margins involved, however a little helps and goes a long way in dealer and customer relationships.
Helped me buy a gallon of fuel which paid for my ride up to Bahnstormer.
The gallon of fuel to return home, I paid and it was worth every penny to ride my favourite roads again. :D
Also saved me the hassle of using eBay, paying postage costs and waiting for the parts to arrive.

I have heard of positive reports and good experiences about Coopers and Vines but I'm happy giving my custom to Bahnstormer.

On the same front but a different manufacturer (Ducati) - I highly recommend W. M. Snell in Alton not far from Bahnstormer.

Regarding poor experiences there is one BMW dealership and one DUCATI dealership, both fairly local who I wouldn't :monkeypiz on if they were ablaze.
That is another matter and a negative one which I'll not discuss or enter in to a debate.

I want the thread to remain positive.

Regards,

Richard.

Always had fantastic service from BVM over the course of 10 years, and knew I could always rely on them.

Even though they're no longer a BM dealer I'll still be popping in there.

Early days for me at Cotswold, first encounters weren't positive - first time a BM salesman had ever suggested to me that 15k miles was a bit on the high side and it could cost a fortune to put the bike right if they took it in px!

Not what you want to hear when youre commuting up to 400 miles a week.

However, credit where it's due, they had my GSA in for it's 6k service and did a good job at a fair price, put in a warranty claim on corroded rocker covers without me asking them to, they cleaned my bike and it was much shinier when I picked it up and whilst they had my bike they loaned me their lovely K1300S demo.

Just asked to confirm service prices at my local dealer, was expecting a bit of a rise since I enquired back in October (when looking to buy the bike)

Back in October (before I bought a GS) I was told the 12k service was about £250 and the 24k Service £400, I even wrote it down at the time so know I am not "mistaken"

All of a sudden the 12k service has jumped up to £400 - more than a 50% rise in under 6 months! I do not want to know what the "big" 24k service will set me back, as it will probably be more than the bloody bike is worth by then.

I am not sure if the salesman was deliberately misleading to try and cover the extortionate running costs, or just did not bother to check his facts. Either way I may give up my last two months of Warranty and take it to an independant and save about £200, then put the £350 of next years warranty money on top and use it towards trading in for the new Triumph 1200.

Why do people use these things to commute on, surely it would be cheaper to run a private helicopter :nenau

I would think £250 is about right for a 12k service (mine was a little while ago and was somewhat less than that). You could spec mineral oil which should knock a fair chunk off. Also are you comparing like with like? What other work is being done? Brake fluid change?

Given the tenacity of the North Oxford thread I wondered what gave some folk on here the right to slag dealers off safe in the knowledge that they're not going to reply

Some of the slagging seems OTT, and I'm sure much is exaggerated and some plain untrue, BUT this is social media, dealers can always reply, always put their side and, if they were clever, more of them would be here anyway getting involved as part of the community (or whatever the collective noun for Tossers is).

Back
Top Bottom