Quest Q-pac problem

columbus

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a Quest mounted with a Q-pac which does not now power the unit when it is fitted together, its a few years old.

I have plugged the Quest car mount into the bike and carried out back to back tests on the multimeter and the readings for voltage and continuity are the same. If I fit the Quest into the car mount it works OK but fit it into the Q-pac and nothing. I have checked that the pins are lining up and making contact with the Quest unit and again they are.

The easy option now is to buy another Q-pac to hopefully solve the problem as the Quest itself seems to be ok.

Before I do this I thought I would just ask the collective incase I have missed any obvious problem.

So you've compared the pins on the car mount and the Qpac mount with a multimeter and the readings match? But the Quest doesn't power up from the Qpac? :confused:
Have you made sure all the connections are clean and in good condition? Sometimes the pins get corroded and break.
I had a similar problem on mine a while back - it kept coming up "External power lost" when riding but I couldn't find any fault with the pins. I eventually tracked it down to the inline fuse holder. I couldn't get the fault to show by wiggling the wires, nothing amiss showed up on the multimeter but the vibrations from riding were enough to make the sprung fuse connection break momentarily. I put a slightly beefier spring in there and it's been fine ever since.

Also, if yours is a hard wired version it might be as well to trim the wire back a few mm and make a new connection to the battery as the wire is terribly thin and tends to deteriorate after a while.

I have checked all the connections, cleaned the pins and the connectors on the back of the Quest. I would understand if the connection was lost when I was on the bike but it isnt getting a connection when standing still with the ignition on, so there are no vibes to shake anything and the pins are giving the voltage needed.:confused:

Might try your suggestion and remake all the connections with new pins

Mine has done the same - 5 years old - sporadic loss of power which got worse until the whole thing was dead. Power supply from bike is good but it aint getting through the Q pac adaptor to the pins.
I'm struggling to find a supplier for new ones...
Phil

Back
Top Bottom