Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: First Review - Touratech Companero Adventure Suit

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    FFS I'd want a suit that can ride the bike for me for £2000, so I can sit on the back and take pictures.

I wager that it's made in China for 20 quid anyway,the same as almost every other suit you can buy.

Has it got a lifetime warranty with it for that, ie as long as someone is wearing it, because they need some way to justify that obscene price.
    here you go Vern I found one marginally more expensive at £6363...

http://www.spacetoys.com/proddetail.php?prod=CST11

I wonder if there's any other RTW persons who could do with one, if we had a whip round .....

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Touratech Suit......!

Got the newsletter from Touratech Germany a few months ago and was very interested in the Companero.......untill I saw the price!

I'll be getting my next biking gear at good old Hein Gericke.

What i'd really like is a textile suit that is waterproof on the 'outside', breathable and doesn't cost a fortune.

FP.

nice.....

guess I'll be in my combat jacket and body armour... and will spend the left over on beer and cake on the trip....

Could try an in-wash proofer on the textile suit. Should be effective against all but the biggest downpour.

Some folk on a hill walking forum found bog standard conditioner to be as good as some in-wash proofers at 10 time the price.

I like the inside and outside boot adjustment on the trousers. Don't like the colours/design and I think people have mentioned the price.

If you pause the opening sequence, you'll see Simon in another suit. Like the look of that brown jacket... what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamble View Post
    I like the inside and outside boot adjustment on the trousers. Don't like the colours/design and I think people have mentioned the price.

If you pause the opening sequence, you'll see Simon in another suit. Like the look of that brown jacket... what is it?
    Personally I like the monks outfit Seems suited to the conditions.

I'm waiting for the Klim gear later on in the year. I've had two big offs in my Klim powercross jacket which is essentially a technical shell. I wear UFO body armour underneath if the terrain is rough and heated clothing if it is cold or a combination of the aforementioned. Very versatile and not ridiculously priced at £234

Based on my experience and the price I am now very interested in their 2011 offerings which will be released in the Autumn. From the sounds of it the Jacket will be about £340 which sounds about right compared to their other gear. Those are my kind of prices.

I don't know much but I spotted it on the other channel (ADV)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=15240127

The adventure version

and the road version

odd trousers they've bondage pockets round the back to pop the ferrets' in....

Quote Originally Posted by everywherevirtually View Post
    Personally I like the monks outfit Seems suited to the conditions.

I'm waiting for the Klim gear later on in the year.
    I'm interested in these as well as the might be the best thing to replace my Rev'it Cayenne Pro.
    BSA A7 SS 1961
    BMW K75 1991
    BMW R1200 GSA WC 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-IQ View Post
    odd trousers they've bondage pockets round the back to pop the ferrets' in....
    You really don't have any idea what us KLIM wearing peeps get up to... do you

Could they make the Klim trousers any baggier

Is the TT suit really 28 times much better than http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_17779.htm and http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_17780.htm

Quote Originally Posted by everywherevirtually View Post
    You really don't have any idea what us KLIM wearing peeps get up to... do you
    2k for memberships seems at bit high....

I'm thinking I'm more and more a lone traveller....

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by simon thomas View Post
    As always comments and piss-taking are welcome

:
    £2K...... - you started the piss taking

Quote Originally Posted by Lamble View Post
    I like the inside and outside boot adjustment on the trousers.
    Not as good or as simple as the aerostich lower leg adjustment......
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Perhaps TT don't expect to sell many in the UK and are aiming these suits at the euro and dollar markets?

whatever happened to the old days, when you had to be hard as nails to ride a bike.

Few sheets of newspaper down the front of the jacket, plastic bags on your feet.

Heated grips where for pufters....

now unless you can afford extra's which are as much as the bike was your a nobody....

Austin Vince has a point.....

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by AberdeenAngus View Post
    Could try an in-wash proofer on the textile suit. Should be effective against all but the biggest downpour.

Some folk on a hill walking forum found bog standard conditioner to be as good as some in-wash proofers at 10 time the price.
    I have the old Savanna2 BMW suit, tough as old boots, had it 5 years, crashed in it, slept in it etc etc. It gets heavy when the outer gets wet. Solution is to wash it in normal dhoby liquid, dry on the washing line then spray with Grangers 'Fabsil' silicon proofing spray. The coarse weave fabric still breathes but the water beads up and runs off (unlike the wash-in proofer which fails to work). The Goretex liners work a treat though when re-proofed with the wash-in stuff.

As for paying 2K for a motorcycle suit............probably de-rigeur for riding your adventure motorcycle down the Kings road on a Sunday.
    ADAM

2008 R1200GSA
    2011 Yamaha Tmax

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast