Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First Review - Touratech Companero Adventure Suit

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I think that's dangerous statement already, if your given something for nothing. It always costs more, no such thing as a free lunch. Is often said and I really can't blame anyone who's on a long term trip/project to take every free luch going.

the suit looks very nice but at 2K more or less, someone is doing alright and more than able to buy a free lunch for what is a rolling advert.

I think could this be that "the bubble" is about to burst? and people still scrambling on board to make the last few sheckles from a hungry audience, desperate for more? Is the gold rush over? Is someone going to call time on adventure motorcycling?

the world economy is so far in the shit who's really got a spare 2K hanging about doing nothing, other than to be worn down to Sainsbury's for some wild foraging trip on a sunday morning....?

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamble View Post
    If Si and Lisa wear the suit over a long period and it works well and lasts the course, then great, if it falls to bits, leaves them cold and wet, then it's time for them to decide what they do and what integrity they have.
    Until that time, let's not judge them.
    So, they've reviewed a suit, praised it to the heavens, and they've yet to use it in earnst.

Here's the thesaurus definition of reviewed " To consider retrospectively; look back on".
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

This suit is marketed by Touratech but is actually made by Stadler http://www.stadler-bekleidung.de/ind...-en.html?id=46 I won't post comment regarding advertising, sponsorship and pricing blah blah, but will add that the clothing manufactured by Stadler is second to non in terms of quality and generally speaking, like with most things, you get what you pay for. Whether or not one is prepared to pay such a price for a suit is a different matter of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    So, they've reviewed a suit, praised it to the heavens, and they've yet to use it in earnst.

Here's the thesaurus definition of reviewed " To consider retrospectively; look back on".
    They only have to put the suit on to be able to review it, so don't come with the thesaurus definition. They even say they've not worn the outer shell because it's too hot and humid and that future reviews will follow.
    You don't have to eat a full meal to be able to say if you like it or not, you can tell from the first mouthful. And Si and Lisa do just that, they review it and make clear that they are reviewing it after only a week. Instant impression is they like the suit. That's fine, we all like new things. Can they live with the suit, does it live up to their requirements over time...well let's wait and see what they think later shall we.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-IQ View Post

I think could this be that "the bubble" is about to burst? and people still scrambling on board to make the last few sheckles from a hungry audience, desperate for more? Is the gold rush over? Is someone going to call time on adventure motorcycling?
    With the new developments by manufacturers of adventure bikes... I think this road has a way to go yet.

What I'm hoping is that those folk who had a monopoly on a niche market will find that competitors come along who are keen and hungry. Companies who will provide equally as good products but at more economical prices. People who have the buy ours because you have no other option arrogant attitude will be shown up for what they are and that customer service will become paramount and you won't be expected to use the toilet as a changing-room when trying on your £2k suit.

Adventure motorcycling may become mainstream... will that mean those who feel it has to be hard-core will moan and gripe...of course it will. Will there be a strata of us and them (the newbies and the old-school)? It probably already exists if we are honest.

But will you still be able to ride your bike and find your own adventures? Of course you will, because at the end of the day, it's not the bike, it's not the kit, it's not added on pharkles, it your own state of mind and in your soul, that's where the adventure is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infomercial

A new area for the site?

I'm suprised they used actual traveller's to do a review, would have more credibility if they used someone who's a proper face.

Barry Manilow is a keen motorcyclist.... I'd like to hear his opinion on this and if they need a german to do a review how's about David Hasslehoff they love him in the old country... he apparently was the reason why the wall came down...not a lot of people know that....

Toss'ed about a bit Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I wish these two would do a review on the "Hostage suit"

Going as fast as you can won't kill you ........stopping faster than you want to will

I'm suprised they used actual traveller's to do a review, would have more credibility if they used someone who's a proper face.

Barry Manilow is a keen motorcyclist.... I'd like to hear his opinion on this and if they need a german to do a review how's about David Hasslehoff they love him in the old country... he apparently was the reason why the wall came down...not a lot of people know that....

Do they make a Hoff size?

Niche marketing and lower celeb budget.

the Hoff can sell anything in germany.... he can do no wrong, being an adventure god....in the eye's of the german people...

size won't matter it'll still look like an over priced packamac....

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    They only have to put the suit on to be able to review it, so don't come with the thesaurus definition. They even say they've not worn the outer shell because it's too hot and humid and that future reviews will follow.
    You don't have to eat a full meal to be able to say if you like it or not, you can tell from the first mouthful. And Si and Lisa do just that, they review it and make clear that they are reviewing it after only a week. Instant impression is they like the suit. That's fine, we all like new things. Can they live with the suit, does it live up to their requirements over time...well let's wait and see what they think later shall we.
    You can get the same information from reading the blurb that comes with the suit
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

You can get the same information from reading the blurb that comes with the suit
    but it lacks the human warmth you get from personal impartial appraisal which was provided free of charge and without prejudice...

because at the end of the day, it's not the bike, it's not the kit, it's not added on pharkles, it your own state of mind and in your soul, that's where the adventure is.
    nuff said
    Dont Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me

but it lacks the human warmth you get from personal impartial appraisal which was provided free of charge and without prejudice...
    And you think the Hoffmeister would have come foc?

... and your point is what, that you'd prefer it if they'd given you a freebie to try out and report on?
    Perhaps Cambodia and Si and Lisa have more aspirational appeal to potential purchasers?

As I mentioned before, Simon and Lisa do a lot of BMW Dealership talks, they are in front of the TT audience. All seems very logical as a marketing plan to me. If their first impressions are favourable, so be it. If the arse sags, the stitching leaks and the inners decay or go mouldy over time, then and only then, will Si and Lisa be required to question their own ethics. And then and only then should you question their ethics too.

Having got through as many suits as they have in the last 8 years I reckon there's every chance their going to absolutely love them for the next 12 months or so and tell everyone how totally marvelous they are.

Unless of course someone else makes a £3k suit in the meantime

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast