First Review - Touratech Companero Adventure Suit

that answers my q:

more usefull to me to know how tough it is so that I can keep dreaming :)

I had to run for a plain so my first post was cut off mid post, I ment to say, Lisa looked sexy with shaved head, hardly recognised her with the hair :blast

You didn't quote me, I feel left out, bloody gypsy.

And tell that Saunders bloke to get his books printed here in Turkey, by me. I'll send you a tyre or something in return.

First time, I've watched the video - great review

I'd like to try one on..........................as for the price, some city gents spend £2k on a savile row suit

If I was travelling all day, every day in a bike suit - I would want one that fitted me, did the job the best....................even if it cost £1500-£2k:blast

I'm just hoping no one uses the 'quote' button at the bottom of Simon's post.

From someone who bought my old GS and rode that part of the world, I hear Laos is even better than Cambodia and Vietnam as a destination. Not sure in what sense "better", but I'm sure you and Lisa will find out for yourselves.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply and info, for most part i agree with what u say , i think probably with my comments and most others it has more to do with it being Touratech, their pricing policy and apparent strange uk pricing policy :) than with you guys and you actual post in reality but still no excuse ..

I guess in the jaded UK at the moment , it seems a bit hard to swollow that someone who is given £2k suit can be completely independant of view on it, but of course u can be... and thats the basis we all should have and i should have viewed your review on.

So keep on travelling....

The question is how many of us could turn down the offer of a free suit...or a free anything !

I really do think it would clear the waters if you did do a follow up report. Might turn out that the suit is not that great irrespective of how much it costs.

Message..

HI Simon and Lisa.
I think you have to understand there is a bit of negative press towards touratosh here in the the uk, because their prices are much more expensive than germany as you prob know already.
Several chaps on here i believe, have tried to hold touratosh to rights ,but they wont play ball.
Doing the review on the touratosh suit was a good idea,but for 2k in the uk, its mostly out of our reach.
When ducatiaguzziaha bring out their latest crutch-rocket- tupperware- plastic missile dripping in titanium for £25k, we all want one, and if we had the cash would no doubt buy one, and send the kids to school with crisps for lunch,bikers are like that.
When it comes to riding apparell, spending 2k on suit is frowned upon by most, there are a few who do, and i think you should finish the review for those who want to hear its good and bad points.
I for one would like to see how it pans out, to see if its worth the cash.
Personally if it will last another five years of your type of abuse, then its money well spent i reckon.Although i will go to germany to buy.
Rukka are an excelllent company who give their suits a five year warranty, whats the warranty on this one?.
A fellow tosser has just thrown his tonka sideways down the m25 at 80mph,and his suit survived with a small burn mark and rip.Thats quality, oh and the suit is 14 years old and has covered 80k miles.
I'm sure the touratech suit will surpass your expectations and look after you well.
I think maybe it came across unintentionaly as a bit of "promotion video" rather than the "unbiased review" you intended.
So chin up,keep riding and dont let this post ruin your day,and keep us posted please.
best wishes to you both, shiny side up please.:rob

Thanks very much for the insight you have given me into the way of life you've adopted. Time will tell how good the suits are, and I would certainly wish to see the follow up review if you choose to make one. Best wishes for your travels.

Fantastic, what a revolutionary idea!!

Its a bike suit that when it rains you have to put a waterproof over suit over.

Bit like my jeans and leather jacket then.

That was obviously a joke.

Having got through as many suits as they have in the last 8 years I reckon there's every chance their going to absolutely love them for the next 12 months or so and tell everyone how totally marvelous they are.

Unless of course someone else makes a £3k suit in the meantime
:rolleyes:

And after reading your reply, this was obviously a slightly stupid comment for which I apologise. I like many others assumed you were paid for promo work (which I suppose in a way you are getting the help with kit now and then) but to be honest good luck to you and who wouldn't do the same.

Wow Simon that's some reply - phew. Not sure I would have had the patience to conduct all that copying and pasting or indeed have found the justification or the necessity to answer some of your critics. The fact that you have chosen to do, and in particular having not chosen to stoop to the level of some posters, does you great credit.

That said, I trust that you are not above taking on-board some free advice which is given with the best of intentions. Should you decide in the future to do a follow-up video when both of you have come more accustomed to the suit (as I sincerely hope you will), can I suggest that you write a script first and review it carefully before making the video. I say this because although it may not have been your intention to assist in marketing this suit others, notably TT may see it otherwise. Having looked at the TT site earlier this morning I notice that they have also posted your video and underneath have added the following text.

Simon and Lisa gained special permission to film inside the walls of the legendary Angkor Wat Temple. "You couldn't ask for a better backdrop to review and explore the newest and possibly best adventure riding suit on the market", says Simon.

I think you will agree that the words that you have chosen are heaven sent for the person responsible for marketing this suit and in the right context would appear that you are endorsing the product whether intended or not.

Thanks once again for your response to your critics here and to your very informative website. For someone who often mulls over the fact that I haven't perhaps made out of life as much as I might have done, and in general terms have always had that 'must think ahead and protect the pension' in the forefront of my mind, could I ask you perhaps a personal question? Have you given much though.....in fact any thought......as to what lies ahead when your travels come to an end as indeed one day they must........how do you envisage picking up on life again?

Wow, this is some thread

Obviously coming upon it with the benefit of hindsight leaves me in the box seats but it does appear that Simon and Lisa have been hit with the backlash against other 'supported' RTW riders and TT. :(

Getting endorsement of a product with no contract is a basic marketing ploy that many brands use. That's why you see people handing out samples to celebs at high profile events. As a minimum all you are trying to do is get some pictures with the product in use. If someone is respected and you can get them to give an opinion it's so much more effective than a sponsorship deal. The risk is obviously that their opinion wouldn't be positive. Consequently you'd have to be pretty confident that the opinion was going to be good on balance to give your product to a high profile user with no caveat. TT appear to be pretty confident and I'm guessing there will be a few more of these semi-celeb endorsement deals floating around.

If £2,000 for a suit is a bit rich for the market then either the price will drop or the product will fail. There are other expensive suits on the market and plenty of cheaper ones too. 99% of us only use our bike for leisure so our purchases are as emotional as they are practical. Other segments of the motorcycle market would support the idea that expensive kit will sell, just look at the race rep suits from Dainese and the leather jackets from Schott and HD.

I think Simon says that the best way you can give your opinion is to not buy the suit. After all, how many of the Belstaff Charlie & Ewan suits have you seen a tosser wear? :nenau

I get the impression that the comments here are more a reflection of attitude toward TT and particularly TT in the UK rather than the review and reviewers. Having met them at shows I have always been left with the impression that I need to check all fingers are still there after a handshake.

I have to say I am a complete "knob" and I bought the klim suit which retails at a similar price, and I know more than a few who have spent the same or close to on one piece leather suits, and reviews of all have never seemed to cause as much fuss, ok gasps over the price but not much more than that. If this suit had been produced by Rukka all that anyone would have said is "bu--er" me how much? On the basis that they already produce clothing costing as much and more.

I feel for the reviewers who seemed to have done the review in complete ignorance of the apparent dislike for the company who market the item they are reviewing.

Hi Simon
I feel I must reply to your reply, but not quoting:blast Whilst we now know that you are NOT sponsored by TT, most of the comments made were because of the astronomical price involved. The reason I and many others thought it was blatent advertising (well I did anyway) was because the film you made had a very 'corporate' feel to it. Of course now knowing that you do in fact work in the advertising / promotional world, then that is why your 'review' looked so polished / biased as if done by TT themselves.

If you are going to do a follow up review, could you please drop the TT logo's at the beginning, talk about the week spots that you have found, tell us you've been given it without any sponsership (of which before I commented I looked at your website and found TT listed on your site under the heading "Sponsors" so putting 2and2 together...:augie

So well done for producing an video that looks too much like the "Real article" you should take that as a complement :D Unfortunately for us mere mortals, it came across incorrectly :thumb

Good luck with the rest of your life's journey :thumb2

Great reply Simon...not that you're really answerable to anyone as your lifestyle has proven beyond doubt:clap

First we had the 'twat suit' then the 'TT suit'....well here's a first viewing of the latest 'knob boot's to be worn by the less discerning tosser (computer rider):thumb
:D:D:D

Attachments

• 2008-11-28-backtracking1.jpg
    2008-11-28-backtracking1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 355
So many words.

So IIUC, traveler couple get expensive suits free from TT. Traveler couple praise suits. No great surprise. Quid pro quo.

GSer knickers are twisted because of cynicism, jealousy, other factors.

Come on, we're grown ups, we all know how these sponsorship things work.

knob boots

Agree with what u said....

I have some of them there boots :)

But who's the armchair biker with 16,622 posts :thumb2 and my last one's have been from my phone on my bike in the brecons :) , i know thats something u old timers dont know much about :rolleyes::thumb2

Do like the look of the old school trials btw

Paul

Great reply Simon...not that you're really answerable to anyone as your lifestyle has proven beyond doubt:clap

First we had the 'twat suit' then the 'TT suit'....well here's a first viewing of the latest 'knob boot's to be worn by the less discerning tosser (computer rider):thumb
:D:D:D

Could part of the problem be the Touratech logo at the start of the video.
I appreciate you wanted the review to be professional but did you mean to make it quite so 'corporate' ?

I accept that you were not paid by Touratech but I wonder, what would you have done differently, if you had been ?

Good luck with the travels.

Back
Top Bottom