Ireland to Spain motorcycle shipping

Buttso

Reaction score
Thought I would share this in case any others found it handy..

Myself, essjay and my buddy Dave are heading off-roading this year to Portugal
but no matter what way I spun it, we were looking at a couple of days there, and a couple of days back, ferries.. or long roads with tolls.

So I got back in touch with DSV Ireland, (based in Togher Industrial Estate Naas Co Kildare.)

They will ship to Spain (Madrid) a R1200GSA, R1100GS, and a Africa twin
for €1,080 ex vat one way, so €360 quid per bike (individually crated) and allow about 3-5 days to get there

these are the details of the guy I spoke to.

Alan Egan,
DSV Road Limited,
Toughers Business Park,
Naas,
Co. Kildare,
Direct tel: +353 (0) 45444863
Fax: +353 (0) 45444796

Sounds excellent. Im looking for a bike to leave in southern spain so this may be the way to get it there...... Now all i need is the bike. It must be on irish plates as we have no mot on our bikes the traffico cant look at it to see if its been home recently ;).

You could always try these guys
I think Ireland - south of Spain return was less than €700. And they're bikers too.
*No connection other than I've met Derek before & brought some of his leaflets to Horizons last year

I sent an email of the the Overlanders lads just to find out. €595 return to Northern Spain or €650 return to Southern Spain.

So I did some math to compare it to riding the bike there. Took into account all food, fares, fuel, camping, tolls. I assumed the dates 10th September - 17th September and booked ferries on or as close to those dates as I could. There might also be other bike maintenance costs involved.

Overlanders.ie + flights to Malaga
Total time each way: Say 1 day (Approx 4 hour flight plus whatever time to find and collect bike)
Riding miles: 0
Total cost (return): €809 + any taxi's etc

Ferry to UK, ride to Portsmouth/Plymount, ferry to Santander, ride to Malaga
Total time each way: Say 2 days
Riding miles each way: 860
Total cost (return): €857

Ferry to UK, ride to chunnel, train to Calais, ride to Malaga
Total time each way: Say 2.5 days
Riding miles each way: 1625
Total cost (return): €1028

Ride to Cork, Ferry to Roscoff, ride to Malaga
Total time each way: Say 2 days
Riding miles each way: 1328
Total cost (return): €872

So it looks that not only would Overlanders.ie and flights be the cheapest, it's also the fastest by a long way giving you more riding time on holidays.

I can offer similar packages

Done fly ride to Croatia for 5 bikes last year and similar to Portugal ,
this year

Budget € 600 return to Spain. Based on 4 machines
Bikes collected in Ireland
Riders fly via cheap flights to start point I collect at airport
Meet at destination (need not be same location) riders fly home
Bikes follow on a few days later
Vehicle also available to shadow tour if problems en route and recover / repair

Philgunn

Dbmoto

this year

Philgunn

Dbmoto

Interesting....

Guys, thanks a million for putting all this info together. It's really great to see that there are options to spending a couple of valuable days going to and coming from where you really want to be. This is a great little island but it's nice to get off it now and again. :thumb2

Good info here & I know this is a topic that's hard to get accurate information about. I've used A-1 Auto Transport in the past and been happy with them too (they're based out of the US but ship all over). They give free estimates so you know what you're getting into and they have a good understanding of all the taxes and harmonization, which can be what really makes it expensive to ship a bike if you're unaware.

Good info here & I know this is a topic that's hard to get accurate information about. I've used A-1 Auto Transport in the past and been happy with them too (they're based out of the US but ship all over). They give free estimates so you know what you're getting into and they have a good understanding of all the taxes and harmonization, which can be what really makes it expensive to ship a bike if you're unaware.

not entirely sure why this is posted in the Ireland section and you in Manchester but perhaps the services can be arranged via the uk???. Phil Gunn and Overlanders provide excellent service from Ireland. good luck on your travels

p.s. there are some excellent rental opportunities in Spain and Morocco

this year

Philgunn

Dbmoto

This is the second time we've used Phil to transport our bikes.

First time he met us off the plane in Biarritz (France) bikes unloaded and ready for us to ride away for 2 weeks in the sun, he met us 2 weeks later in Gerona (Spain) were he loaded the bike and we boarded a flight home.

This holiday we flew into Porto (Portugal) and got a taxi to our first campsite where we met Phil who already had the bikes unloaded (short trip from the Airport in a taxi so Phil suggested rather that gearing up on the bikes for such a short trip he would meet us at the campsite)... we will be meeting Phil next week in Faro, he'll load up the bikes and we'll jump on a plane home and the bike will follow.

I cant recommend him highly enough.

See you next week Phil

On the subject of spain and shipping, I'm in Malaga today and met up with Derek from Overlanders. He was delivering a big shipment of bikes for guys to come and collect today. It's nice and warm at 28c today.

S
this year

Philgunn

Dbmoto

We used Phil this year too. He brought 4 bikes to Biarritz, we flew in, he picked us up. He met us 3 weeks later in Barcelona and took the bikes home, we flew!
Can't recommend him highly enough. Great service, great price!

this year

Philgunn

Dbmoto

So sorry to reflote this but I cannot send you a PM!

I want to transport a Ducati Streetfgither 1100S from Spain (Barcelona) to Ireland (Cork), can you please PM with details please? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom