"Beaked" 1100

costellon

Reaction score
Just finished a beak/ headlight/ screen conversion on my 1100GS, fitted my aux hids, Verns and topbox .... I'm very happy with the results but am in two minds as to fit the ADV beak extension or not.
My lights are fantastic ! The replacement headlight is streets ahead of the original .......

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Just finished a beak/ headlight/ screen conversion on my 1100GS, fitted my aux hids, Verns and topbox .... I'm very happy with the results but am in two minds as to fit the ADV beak extension or not.
My lights are fantastic ! The replacement headlight is streets ahead of the original .......

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

hey,

nice headlight you have got!!
how did you do it??
where can we get it?
thanks!!!!!:beerjug:

Headlight

I got it on ebay, it's an "Acerbis Cyclops" - most acerbis agents will be able to get you one. I spent ages wondering how to mount it and eventually I picked up a secondhand original 1100GS headlight shell and the two plastics that fit on either side of the clocks (£10), modified them, made two "L" shaped brackets for the top section, mounted them to the front clock mounts on the old headlight and bolted the upper mounting brackets of the cyclops onto them. The lower mounting brackets mounted straight onto the two main mounting bolts for the OLD headlight "inside" the old headlight with longer bolts (so, the lights are focused exactly as they used to be, nice and handy). I got some aluminium mesh, cut it to shape and painted it black and fitted it into the 1150 beak to finish it off. Fitting the beak was easier than I had imagined, it only took a little modification, some extra brackets and two 1150 tank rubbers. I mounted an aux power socket on the left of the beak and the led for the autoswitch on the right, in a nice chrome trim.
The above is probably hard to understand, but if you take a few bits off your own one and have a look it'll all come clear.
Should I decide to put it back to standard, it would only take about 30 mins - but i'll be leaving it as it is for the immediate future - it's nice to be able to see where i'm going. It might not be to everyone's taste, but I like it ...

Headlight £50, beak - beak extender and fittings £50 (damaged, from a breakers), paint £15, Autoswitch £10, Hid projectors (with ballasts) £60, bracketry £10, aux power socket £5 - Total £200 - Done and dusted. I'm going to fit hids to the acerbis as soon as I have the spare cash.

Headlight Link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acer...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a617e482a

Fitting Hids to cyclops link: http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?31595-HID-Bulbs-in-an-Acerbis-Cyclops-Headlight

hello, thanks for the reply and info,
yes i think it will look damn good with the HID on the headlight!!

Looks good! Got any pictures with the Adv beak extension on? Even if it's just held on temporarily would be interesting to see. I've got one fitted on my standard GS (came like that when I bought it) and I think it looks much better and breaks up the silver quite well.

Looks good! Got any pictures with the Adv beak extension on? Even if it's just held on temporarily would be interesting to see. I've got one fitted on my standard GS (came like that when I bought it) and I think it looks much better and breaks up the silver quite well.

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

Dunno ...

I'm liking that headlight more each time I see it. What bar did you use to mount the fogs? I got some 40mm x 4mm rolled steel from B&Q and I'm wondering will it be strong enough.

Im contemplating fitting an 1150gs beak to my 1100gs. Dont suppose you did any step by step instructions did you? :nenau

Bracket

I'm liking that headlight more each time I see it. What bar did you use to mount the fogs? I got some 40mm x 4mm rolled steel from B&Q and I'm wondering will it be strong enough.

Hello Sacha, hope things are well with you and yours.
I used 4 x 40mm aluminium bolted onto the oil cooler bracket (£5 from a local workshop), I was doing a bit of green-laning down in Clare at the weekend and nothing fell off. The headlightlight is quite good and comes with a plastic cover that you can use or omit, they come up secondhand on eBay now and again.

Im contemplating fitting an 1150gs beak to my 1100gs. Dont suppose you did any step by step instructions did you? :nenau

Howdy. I didn't actually, but if you get yourself a cheap beak and the tank rubbers, strip off the original and do a quick retrofit, you'll see that it is quite easy and uncomplicated. The only mod needed really is to shave a few mil off the sections that are hidden underneath the screen sides, the rest is just a matter of deciding how to make your brackets.

Great - the 4mm x 40mm steel I have should do the job then.

I had played with the ideo of fitting the Cyclops a few months ago but had no idea how to fit it. Might be a mod I do down the line.

I also have an 1150GS beak that I was considering fitting but have tried trimming down the original beak instead. Not fitted yet so haven't a clue how it will look.

Beak

Got me a beak in right colour also, now to locate some tank rubbers for it :D

Good stuff ! I got my rubbers from motorworks ...
Post some pics when you are done please i'd love to see it.
PM me your email addy if you like and i'll send you on some pics of underneath, brackets etc ...

Ive PM'd my email address thanks costellon.

Ive bought some rubbers from James Sherlock, worked out slightly cheaper and Im a tight ass!

So far its all stripped off, the hardest part was trying to figure out how to get the top silver bit off and indicators! :confused: But ive managed it now.

Im taking pics as I go along so hopefully have a good right up and pics at the end, i'll start posting step by step once I get all bits together and rubbers arrived. Need some perforated sheet aswell but not located any yet, B&Q dont have any :(

Back
Top Bottom