Service Reset for F800GS

mark71

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

Anyone who knows me will know of my distrust and dislike of the main dealers where I live, so my question to all is, does anyone know of a way to reset the service indicator on the F800GS?

Can this be done with a GS 911 Diagnostic unit or is the only way a trip to Hertford as I refuse to go to that idiot at Braintree, yes you all know who Im on about.

Anyway I look forward to hearing your comments even though I know some of them will be interesting and challanging.

Many thanks for looking

Mark

I'm pretty sure I've heard people say it can be reset using the GS911... in fact I'm certain I've seen it in a video, don't have the link though.

There's someone on here with a GS911, who has offered his services previously. From memory, I think it will involve a ride Northwards. Perhaps somone can find the link?

GS911

Hi there,

I haven't offered previously, but have a GS911 tool and would be happy to have it used. I'm in Kingston upon Thames, surrey, so still not very local I'm afraid!

It will definitely do the trick, I've done it numerous times on mine and my wife's bikes when they've been powered down for fitting accessories, changing battery etc.

Cheers,

Ewan

Many thanks

Hi Ewan

Many thanks for posting and letting me know that it works, I am actually considering buying a 911 but could really do with learning more about it before I invest in one.

Would it be possible to meet up at some stage or have a chat about it so see if its worth buying one or just popping down to you every now and then and paying you for your services.

Many thanks

Mark

GS911

Mark,

The GS911 website contains lots of info about what the unti can do, and they also release firmware upgardes periodically which add extra functions. It's very simple. I use mine USB cabled to a little netbook, it's very simple. You'd be welcome to come and use mine, but I often work abroad so we'd just have to coordinate the date.

Or, if you can pick one up second hand, you probably won't lose that much when you sell it on again!

Cheers,

Ewan

Back
Top Bottom