K1200s Chugging !!Advice ?

L'Escargot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got me a K1200s a bit back its a 2005 model and I've put a Laser Jama exhaust on it that I bought off this site.In the lower gears and at relatively low speeds ie- in traffic or around town (same thing I suppose ! ) it just wont run smoothly and I'm having to feather the clutch all the time which results in the old wrist and hand aching quite a bit.
Dont know if this is just the Exhaust causing this problem or what.Rang the local BMW Dealer and the guy said its normal for the K1200s to be crap below 3000 RPM !!
Is this the case,would a Power Commander solve the problem ?
Any advice would be gratefully received.I have contacted a Tuning place and been quoted £468 for one fitted etc !! I'm not rich !

Still kept the GSA for real riding though ! (For the Purists on here !! )

Thanks for looking,
Charlie.:beerjug:

Don't remember any issues with mine at low revs and I had a BMW/Laser official end can fitted :nenau

It did spend most of the time between 4 and 7k though as I live in the sticks (and plenty of time in the 7.5k+ warp drive zone :D )

Just remebered that poor running has been linked to faulty airboxes - mine was replaced under warranty as it stalled a couple of times when decelerating on a closed throttle approaching junctions. I believe they warped due to the heat of the engine and then didn't seal properly :nenau

Have a look on www.bikersoracle.com/kseries :thumb2

Sorry for delay chaps.Thanks for the advice,I've looked at the website mentioned,really good.Thanks again,much appreciated.:D:D:D

I do remember that my 2005 K1200S and 2007 K1200GT were not fantastic at walking pace stuff whereas the K1300S demo I rode had a much better (consistent and smooth) power delivery at low speeds to the extent it was better than my GSA (which lurches a bit).

I don't recall either of my 1200s being too horrendous though.

Back
Top Bottom