Enduro bike in a London Black Cab??

darkhorse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
do you think you could fit a typical enduro bike in the back of a london black cab??

the bike would know doubt have to go in on the diagonal and possibly remove the bulkhead next to the drivers seat to allow the bikes front wheel up into front footwell area

anyone tried or have a cab to give it a go

Dimensions
The back doors are 50 inches wide by 50 inches high. You can just about slide a pub piano through the middle.

Fairway dimensions:
4.56 metres long, 1.75 metres wide and 1.765 metres high.

As a daft comparison...
Range Rover dimensions:
4.44 metres long, 1.79 metres wide and 1.81 metres high.

Saw a Suzuki 185 ride over the top of a black cab that pulled out in front of rider in Park Lane London circ 1978. Very funny and an excellent bit of riding.

Not sure how the cabbie explained that one to his insurance company.

I don't think that you've got any chance. Even if it would fit, do you think a cabbie would allow a trail bike in the back of his motor?

Rent a van (or a man'n'van)!!

Not as standard ...

... but you'll find that most cabs already have a bulkhead and a well defined cut-line around the 'waist' and so are ripe for converting to a pick-up. Trying to find pics of one i've seen featured somewhere :augie

Norf London wiv' that mate? Nah... I'm just knocking orf an I'm heading Sauf, mate!

Hire van / trailer / offer someone on here £X amount and the might help.

Have you considered riding it home???:D:D:D

No way
I can just about fit my full suspension mountain bike in mine with the back seat flipped up forks and bars would be way too high to get though the doors

a £35000 new vito cab with back seats remooved now thats a different story :D

Have seen a few pick up conversions but not what i am after.

I think a cab would be a good laugh, my nipper loves them so he would be chuffed to bits if dad had one, but if a bike won't fit it's a no go.

Right better start looking for a van.

I drive a black cab for a living, you can just about fit a push bike in the back if you turn the wheel sideways. As a motorbike is much bigger your chances of getting it in a standard cab and closing the door I would say are nil.
I once had a bloke ask if he could put a Vespa scooter in the back, I replied in the time honoured fashion and made my exit!
Gibby

Back
Top Bottom