Jersey...Anybody on this small rock !

crackandthump

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just moved onto the island from Essex.

The old R1200GS survived the move in the ISO and I've clocked the spangley dealership, so I know the island has them.
Plus I see loads of GSs on the commuter run....so anyone of you on this site?

Mark

Hello mate, I don't live on Jersey but will be going there for a few days so apologies for hijacking your thread! I was just wondering what the deal is with bike parking. I have managed to establish that it is free but are there any restrictions as to where you can park?

Hi crackandthump, welcome to island life! I'm not on Jersey but just across the water on Guernsey... on a bad day I can see Jersey! The islands certainly have a high rate of GS ownership, although I'm not sure that's helped by Jacksons (the local dealers).

If you're planning on getting you bike dirty in Jersey you're out of luck, green laning is definitely not allowed.

Lastly, welcome to VAT free shopping - although you Jersey boys have GST at 5% but that still beats 20% in the UK :)

Adrian

Jersey

I may well be heading over in a week or so for a long term role so keep you posted.

Red sky at night Guernseyman delight, Jersey is on fire.....:D

Dropped the bike.....bloody road surfaces here are lethal. ..........as the poor bloke out at St Catherines found out.

just having a trawl through the various forums / threads and saw this thread.

I then looked up on Google Earth and Jersey isnt very big!
does your bike even get up to working temp?
its on 16km from one side to another?!

just curious, not knocking

Hay Ewe

Jersey and Guernsey

I'll be heading over to Jersey on Monday 22nd April, and Guernsey on Tuesday 23rd April....a brief visit with work, but just wondered if there's anything I should make a point of seeing?

Not on the bike but a hire car....Jersey on Mon night, and Guernsey on Tues night....am working thru the day, but thought about having a mooch in the evenings.

Back
Top Bottom