Garmin 60CS vs 76CS

DCoplin

Reaction score
Thinking on upgrading my GPS III+ to a 60CS or a 76CS, was all set on the 60CS until they launched the 76CS, which although it looks like a marine unit, seems to have the same features as the 60CS plus 115Mb of memory!!!

My main concern is that the 60CS form factor seems more suited to the bike...

Anyone had any similar thoughts?

I have a 60c and after 2 years of running a GPSV the 60c is a great bit of kit . I haven't tried the 76c but having seen it in the flesh and knowing the xtra memory is there I could have seriously taken it instead of the 60c. having said that the 60c is great. The 56mb allows me to upload all of Belgium , parts of germany (along the border) and southern holland and northern France so unless you you are really planning some maranthon trips it's unlikely you will need more memory ...but it would be nice to have nonetheless.
Check out prices at www.sportextreme.com a Danish based supplier with great prices and fast delivery via UPS.

I also have the 60 and the memory for me as Gecko already said is not a problem. (could be though for longer trips)

The 60C works well on the bike and so would the 76CS just buy the one you can afford but remember the mapping software...

Just my tuppence worth though and a bit of a tossing thing to say, the 76 is pig ugly...

Thanks Richie,

Totally agree with you re the styling of the 76, it's the only thing that's holding me back. The 60 looks the part, and looks like it will take the abuse, the 76 just looks so "precious".

Having said that, they're both supposed to be the same toughness spec so it's all in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom