A delicate question ... underwear

kalaharigeorge

Reaction score
What's best to wear under a two piece textile suit, like the Rev-It Sand, for an extended tour?

I find a good quality cotton thong works well. Although the lacy ones are much prettier, and do make me feel special, they can rub my crack a little and begin to irritate me. Don't even think about crotchless, they are a nightmare.

Good luck on your trip.

I like this nice striped number from Armani !

Attachments

• Picture jacket 1081.jpg
    Picture jacket 1081.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 392
Under-armour t-shirts (google them) and/or running shorts. Get the antibacterial ones. :thumb
Mark

Rohan do 2 types in different weight ( I use this one http://www.rohan.co.uk/Product/Detail/MensBaseLayers_02790?ocode=02790097 ),use silver technology highly recommended. They dry very quick and they feel like silk. In the winter they were seling them half price.
The latest technology is coconut fiber and cotton , same principle antibacterial and breathable fabric.

I have always found my EDZ base layer very good under leathers, only just started riding with textiles and not had any really hot weather, but cannot see why I won't continue using this bt of kit, stops that clingy sticky feel and makes getting in and out of gear easy, plus dries overnight in Hotel bathroom.

HOPE THIS HELPS...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="960" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Xf3Mk0usxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have always toured in leathers and more recently leather trousers zipped to a textile jacket and for many years commuted 14,000 miles a year.

Under leathers I have worn merino leggings, warm in winter and cool in summer and the leathers don't stick to you when taking them off after riding all day.

For underpants on holiday I use paper disposables. They take up very little space and you use them once and then throw away.

tom

Pity you missed out on the Lidl stuff last week. Two sets of the tops and bottoms for £28, work brilliantly at regulating body temperature and wick away sweat when it's hot.

I don't see why the big name firms charge £40 upwards for their base layers.

Whatever you do, don't buy Helly Hansen - that stuff stinks to high heaven after a few wears. People will mistake you for crusty, Monbiot loving, rambler types.

Ware what you feel comfy in
then

Get some stuff from chemists called Lanacane GEL about £4 a tube
lanacane cream is good but not as good
rub it in areas that usually get a bit sore
Ride all day in hot weather best tip I have ever had given to me -
It definitely works :thumb2
HTHY

Look at cycling undershorts. I always wear Polaris Coolmax. No seams where seams shouldn't be and a little padding. Take two pairs touring and rinse each night.

GAWD

:comfort

Yes, I wasn't specific, and thanks for reminding me perverts! I plan on wearing my outer gear weeks on end without access to a washing machine (no room on the bike, else I'd take a portable).

I was thinking of being courageous .. wearing sweat wicking long johns and similar up top. Plan is to wash my under-clothes but not the TEXTILE suit.

Spring time obviously fuels imaginations!

Just wear what you want and give them a wash when you get chance:rolleyes:

Army surplus hairy underpants...............

Would you ask the same underpants question if you were going touring in a car ????..............

What I do, is save all my old shirts,pants and socks up, and when I go away, I wear them until they're shot/minging/runaway/to scarey to go near, and then bin em. This way, you get lighter as you go further and end up with more space and never have to bother with washing them.

I also understand that they do sell pants in other parts of the world.

Anything that is lightweight, breathable, moisture wicking and easy to dry...plenty of inexpensive garments about

:D :D :D simples :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom