(This) Thursday 24.03....

dakarDude

Reaction score
Got some funny hours to work this Thursday and only starting work at 17:00.

Anyone playing out between say 10:00am and 16:00???

I'm off . where do ya fancy going? where to meet & what time. ?

Hi mate..

Hows about at the Tickled Trout at 10:45am. Then Lakes? (Or anywhere tbh). I gotta be back into Preston for 16:00. Proper sh*tty nights work tomorrow night for me so cant be late into work.

I'm off tomorrow but i arranged to go to ABW to have crash bars fitted.

Where is the tickle trout?

Rob

10's good for me. hard notts & wrynose sounds brill. See you @ 10am. Tickle torut is Jct31 on the M6. petrol station

10's good for me. hard notts & wrynose sounds brill. See you @ 10am. Tickle torut is Jct31 on the M6. petrol station

Sounds good, see you there at 10am! :thumb2

Not sure if the (new) petrol station is rebuilt yet they pulled the last one down, but if you hang on in front of the Tickled Trout hotel we'll see you.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&biw=1920&bih=991&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=tickled+trout+preston&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=tickled+trout&hnear=Preston&cid=6102383592598693411

24/03/2011

hi guys, the petrol station is finished. is this going to be a bimble or a sprited ride, if your going to be pushing on can i join in?

All welcome :) Will need to be back for 16:00 into Preston ready for bloody work, so won't hang about too much :(

All set, heading out in 20mins :thumb2

Absolutely brilliant. :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Hardknott and Wrynose, 2 passes you just can't fail to love.

Nice to meet you Pugsley, that VStrom is awesome mate!

Have to do it again soon.

3 pics taken on my phone, Pugsley has a few more and maybe some video :thumb2

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Wow what a brill day. Weather awesome. That KTM you have Is bloody awesome. Brill roads, Nice and quite. Nice pace you set as well, my tyres are well scrubbed in now ha ha.
24032011276.jpg

24032011275.jpg

24032011273.jpg

Wow what a brill day. Weather awesome. That KTM you have Is bloody awesome. Brill roads, Nice and quite. Nice pace you set as well, my tyres are well scrubbed in now ha ha.
24032011276.jpg

24032011275.jpg

24032011273.jpg

Hey Cheers Pugsley.

I want a VStrom! Those cheeky wheelies you were doing over the humps... Brilliant! :thumb2

Looks like you had a good day, Dak yer bike looks well:cool::thumb

Cheers Tarry! Tell you what, I will never build another rally bike up. EVER. It took feckin ages - especially being a total bike mechanics/electrics noob like I am :blast

Nice ride you had over there guys... the weather should be really good...sunny but not so hot to disturb you...
I am so unlucky that I have to stay at bed...due to a stupid flu.... grrrr....

Pugsley ...what V-strom you have?? 1000 or the 650?? my brother has one and it is a nice trusty bike ...

Dakarduke...you have an amazing bike...you built it??? how easy it was??
give to the people more photos from that "monster" ...sorry but I really like rallye-spec bikes....

Nice ride you had over there guys... the weather should be really good...sunny but not so hot to disturb you...
I am so unlucky that I have to stay at bed...due to a stupid flu.... grrrr....

Cheers GZ! Not so good about the flu, get well soon and hope you are out on your bike soon. :thumb2

Dakarduke...you have an amazing bike...you built it??? how easy it was??
give to the people more photos from that "monster" ...sorry but I really like rallye-spec bikes....

Thanks again GZ, I got the basic bike last November, but it wasn't as I wanted it, the original fairings were not fitting right, and worst of all it had a tendancy to fuse itself if you tried to wire in the roadbook motor, the 3 fuel tanks leaked a lot of fuel over the Winter so my garage was not a safe place to be at times.

The bash plate was not protecting some of the vital parts so I replaced that, the nav tower and console was not spaced out correctly and I could not have twin ICO computers and a repeater.

I redesigned the console and got some help with the CAD bits of that.

I redid 95% of the electrics and cabling behind the nav tower and added 4 toggles to enable/disable power properly, sorted out two new front fuel tanks, solved the leaking rear tank problem (bloody o-ring!) much better side fairings, better front screen with improved airflow, toolkit compartment on the side of the frame, twin rear Molsoft tail lights, Renaz. custom seat, strobing rear brake light (thanks to MikeTR for help with diagnosing wiring issues with this, I'm an electronics noob :eek). Most weak parts were binned in favour of true billet stuff.

Should also send thanks out to Jenny Morgan who helped me make the right choices with the bike build and gave me some bloody good pointers when I got stuck on which way to go, owe you one Jen :thumb2

Total working time on it since last November was roughly 150 hours I think. And boy was it cold in that garage!

I'll get some pics up soon, just waiting on the repeater, once fitted, I think I'm done. Oh, and I'll de-ACF it and get it scrubbed up. Just couldn't leave it in the garage over the Winter, it needed a bit of a test ride now and again as I added / swapped parts - well, you know what they say, they're for riding not hiding :D

Back
Top Bottom