LED LIGHT PANELS

Nippy Norman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Saw Tobers thread about LED tail lights and decided to mention our similar product which will be available from the first week of September.
These LED Light Panels comprise 24 red LED's on a circuit board and 4 white LED facing down to illuminate the number plate.
There are two version, one for bikes with IBS and one for bikes without.
In addition there are versions with amber LED's which include a resistor on the back of the circuit board to ensure correct flash rate. Fitment is very quick and reversible.

More details at www.nippynormans.com

under light panels.

I will try to attach some images....

Attachments

• llp_r1150gstailnakedb.gif
    llp_r1150gstailnakedb.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,315
AND ANOTHER...

Attachments

• llp_r1150gstailont.jpg
    llp_r1150gstailont.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,313
AND ONE OF THE INDICATORS...

I seem to have got the hang of this Interweb thing...

Attachments

• mlp_indicatorst.jpg
    mlp_indicatorst.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,303
PRICES

Steve
Tail light inserts £61.99 for bikes without IBS or £69.99 if they have IBS.
Indicators £59.99 for a pair of inserts.
These are for the 1100/1150.
A kit for the 1200 is on the way early October...
These are top quality, fully tested kit

Attachments

• llp_r1150gsindont.jpg
    llp_r1150gsindont.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,292
Saw Tobers thread about LED tail lights and decided to mention our similar product which will be available from the first week of September.
These LED Light Panels comprise 24 red LED's on a circuit board and 4 white LED facing down to illuminate the number plate.
There are two version, one for bikes with IBS and one for bikes without.
In addition there are versions with amber LED's which include a resistor on the back of the circuit board to ensure correct flash rate. Fitment is very quick and reversible.

More details at www.nippynormans.com

under light panels.

I will try to attach some images....

similar to project r,s led and clear lense complete for 34 quid? on e bay?

LED Indicators (Integral Brake Light)

Does anyone know how the integral brake lights in these indicators are wired to the bikes brake switch and Is it easy? This lookes like a worth while mod but does anybody know of any problems with these?

Attachments

• LLP_R1200GSindonRB.jpg
    LLP_R1200GSindonRB.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 768
I imagine they will be wired the same as my lite buddys.
Use a welding rod or stiff wire to feed the cables through the stem of the indicators.

Take a piggy back connector from the live feed on the bikes brake light and another connection to earth.

If you earth them to the indicator wire the brake light in the unit will go off when that side indicator flashes. I earthed mine at the number plate light to avoid this.

Hope this helps.

Hank. :beer::beer::beer:

Like this?
1100s006.jpg

Sounds simple enough. I can;t guage how bright these LED sets are. Do you think the indicators with the red LED's in the middle swill till have enough yellow ones to be as bright as a standard bulbed indicator? Its all well and good having more brake lights but will it make signals much less noticable?

Indicators with integral brake lights or without?

Attachments

• LLP_R1200GSindonRB.jpg
    LLP_R1200GSindonRB.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 666
  • LLP_R1200GSindonT.jpg
    LLP_R1200GSindonT.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 664
  • LLP_R1200GSindonRT.jpg
    LLP_R1200GSindonRT.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 655
I simply put 4 red Leds in the reflector. 2 wired to the brake light and teh other 3 wired to the tail light. Works perfectly and if the bulb blows I still have the LEds for both brake and tail lights.

Instead of the red fading to the outside of the lens the whole lens is the same intensity. Put on the brake light and its like the coca cola christmas advert! :)

Riddle me this.....

If you have "white" LEDS they would (I assume) emit all frequencies of light, red being part of their spectrum ?
If you have red LEDS they (mainly) emit the red part of the spectrum ?
Now, if you put a red lens over a red LED ( in theory, a red filter blocks all other frequencies other than red ) you would get close to100% transmission...wouldn't you ????

Why then do I see in Nippy Normans that a red lens should not be used with red LEDS ????

I obviously am missing something here, can anyone elaborate....:nenau

Reason I ask is that I like the added intensity but don't like the "boy racer" image of clear lenses. I know the later versions had/have clear as stock but "I" (just one persons viewpoint here) think it makes the bike look "cheap"...

Back
Top Bottom