Goggles - Recommendations please

DollyRocket

Reaction score
I have had two pairs of goggles now, both pairs fog up and are a royal PITA.

I have tried safety specs instead but I don't get on as well with them. Any one have any recommendations for goggles that are strong but dont fog up quite so easily?

I mainly do Enduro Rallys / H&H and trail riding now so I don't mind getting a quality pair at a quality price (you only have one pair of eyes and all that).

I have had two pairs of goggles now, both pairs fog up and are a royal PITA.

I have tried safety specs instead but I don't get on as well with them. Any one have any recommendations for goggles that are strong but dont fog up quite so easily?

I mainly do Enduro Rallys / H&H and trail riding now so I don't mind getting a quality pair at a quality price (you only have one pair of eyes and all that).

Why don't you get on with safety specs? I have never liked goggles, I get too hot and I feel like they restrict my breathing through my nose (perhaps I jusr have a bid nose :D)

I am lucky that my wife works for a safety company and she has got me a few samples of safety glasses and they have been great. Very comfortable with adjustable arms, both in length and angle and even reactalight (not sure if thats how you spell it) as well as anti-fog.

If I ask nicely I might be able to get you a pair.

I've used oakley goggles for a while, but essentially the goggles to look out for are double glazed- and i'm sure it's not just oakley that make them.

I've used them while passengering on a combination during the welsh 2 day and weston beach race (the most physically demanding thing i've ever done), and they've only started fogging during the extreme times- usually when the bike is up to it's axles/upside down and i've got off to sort it out- but they have always cleared well.

HTH

nathan

Been using Oakley Crowbar googles for the last few years - seem to work well and never mist up:
Oakley-CrowbarMXPro-goggles-12-284.jpg

Been using Oakley Crowbar googles for the last few years - seem to work well and never mist up:
Oakley-CrowbarMXPro-goggles-12-284.jpg

just get some smith turbos i had apair for 19 years untill some ****** stole them cant beat them mm

Most goggle manufacturers have a double glazed lens option. I use Progrips, with double glazed reactolite lenses. :thumb
Mark

Always had the same problem with misting, now use a pair with double glazed lens AND a small 2 speed battery operated fan in the top. At last I've found a pair of goggles that even my sweaty eye sockets can't mist up :thumb2

The two AAA batteries last for ages, in Enduro Cambodia I used them for 6-8 hours a day for 10 days and have used them for about another 20 hours since and they are still on the original batteries - and I went underwater (don't ask) with them on without any problems :eek:

Always had the same problem with misting, now use a pair with double glazed lens AND a small 2 speed battery operated fan in the top. At last I've found a pair of goggles that even my sweaty eye sockets can't mist up :thumb2

The two AAA batteries last for ages, in Enduro Cambodia I used them for 6-8 hours a day for 10 days and have used them for about another 20 hours since and they are still on the original batteries - and I went underwater (don't ask) with them on without any problems :eek:

I would like to see a pic of this...little fan..

Thanks for the info - I will look into the oakley double glazing (assuming it isn't all uPVC - wouldn't match my lid :)

I will also have another go with the safety specs idea on the green lane runs around here.

Double Glazed Goggles

:thumb2 +1. I used Scott ones, no misting probs.

HTH

Agreed - double glazed are a basic essential if you want to have any chance of not misting.

Greg

Thanks for the info - I will look into the oakley double glazing (assuming it isn't all uPVC - wouldn't match my lid :)

I will also have another go with the safety specs idea on the green lane runs around here.

I use a pair of wiley x blink prescription safety specs they're designed for bikers with a seal to stop dust and flys getting up behind the lens .. works for me as it means i dont have to wear goggles and glasses

Back
Top Bottom