View Poll Results: At what point/speed do you filter ? Mainly "A" road & Motorway Users

Voters
464. You may not vote on this poll
  • At any speed up to legal speed limit.

72 15.52%
  • If traffic is traveling at 0 - 30 mph

277 59.70%
  • If traffic is traveling at 30 - 50 mph

41 8.84%
  • Never filter - unless traffic at standstill

74 15.95%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Filtering

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Undertaking requires you to be in the slow lane moving faster than the traffic in the fast lane
    There are no 'slow' lanes, or 'fast' lanes ... only lanes.

We ride on the left in the UK ... if your lane of traffic is travelling faster than the lane to your right it is perfectly acceptable and would not be called undertaking!
    Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Where did this information come from I would like to read up on it. I will get my friends courrt citation that clearly states different and send it to you!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Where did this information come from I would like to read up on it. I will get my friends courrt citation that clearly states different and send it to you!
    Where do you think it comes from? Have you never read the Highway Code?

Overtaking on the nearside (left) is legally acceptable if you are driving on a multi-lane carriageway in congested conditions, and the lane to the left is moving at a faster speed than lanes to the right. In these circumstances overtaking on the left is permissible although extra caution is needed for an awareness of other vehicles moving to the faster lane on the left.

Although this isn't always the case when filtering.
    e-bike expert & log burner extraordinaire

What is a dual carriageway or motorway ? It is in law a one way road, what does the highway code say about one way streets ?

If, you're riding along at 60 mph on a D/C in lane one, and you come across old biddies are us doing 40mph in their Micra in lane 2 whom you pass; it is NOT an undertake, you have maintained position and speed. What is illegal is coming from lane 2 into lane 1 passing them and then either continuing to pass other vehicles or going back to lane two, this is an undertake.

If you come across slower moving traffic in lane 2, whilst you are in lane 1, due to traffic ahead turning right; do you stop and wait until they start going faster than you, because it'll be an illegal undertake to pass them on the left ?

Rule 268
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-high...ays-253-to-273

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

Where may you overtake on a one-way street?
    http://mocktheorytest.com/checkquestion/car/all/1/5051/
    Caution : May stop suddenly

The specific offence of undertaking was done away with 10-15 years ago, the only offence of undertaking is "without due care" or similar if the circumstances warrant it but nothing else.
    ''Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men''

www.thektmforum.com for all your ktm needs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Oh no it doesn't!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678