Flights

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've spent the morning trying to find the cheapest way to get to Knoxville for around the 4th August and so far it's all too expensive, let alone getting back from Alberqueque!:D

Has anyone had any success yet?:beerjug:

I've been just looking at flights from Manchester to New York which were £326 one way and 4 minutes later jumped to £429:nenau:mad:

Internal flights from NY to Knoxville seem to be $250 upwards.:confused:

Tim,

I used Lastminute.com from Birmingham to Knoxville via Glasgow and Philadelphia then Albuquerque to Birmingham via Phoenix and Frankfurt. All for £745 ! (he says trying to make it sound like a bargain). May be different stops but they still show BHX-TTYS on 4/8 and ABQ-BHX on 27/8 at £791.

I've not found anywhere cheaper than Opodo if you want to save some more on that though book an opodo flight through quidco to get 1.5% cash back probably not worth the hassle but there you go.

I've spent the morning trying to find the cheapest way to get to Knoxville for around the 4th August and so far it's all too expensive, let alone getting back from Alberqueque!:D

Has anyone had any success yet?:beerjug:

I've been just looking at flights from Manchester to New York which were £326 one way and 4 minutes later jumped to £429 ..............

I don't know who you were using or if it was a simple coincidence but Ryanair have, or at least had, a very clever marketing tool that logs the fact your internet address is trawling flights and prices and will up the price if you keep looking.
The reasoning is that you are interested and will probably pay the extra now as you're concerned that if you don't book soon the price may go up again.
So, try and do your searching at a mates house or an internet cafe and then go back home and book there at the initial offered price.
A few friends used to do exactly this to get round it, and it worked.
And PS. Before I get issued with a writ it may not have been Ryanair, but if it wasn't them it was someone similar.

Thanks guys, food for thought there I'll get back onto it when I have chance:beerjug:

I jokingly said to Ange, my partner, I should have just let you organise me:(, she turned her laptop screen towards me and sure enough she already was!!:D

I'll pass on the details asap but she's found a site which allows you to book a return flight from different airports, the prices are all inclusive and not too bad :thumb

2nd Aug
Gatwick-Atlanta 9am-13.30
Atlanta-Knoxville 15.00-15.56

29th
Alberque-Atlanta 13.07-18.10
Atlanta-Gatwick 22.55-12.15

All in £789.00

so approx £400 each way, wouldn`t want to swim it

I have wondered about that

I don't know who you were using or if it was a simple coincidence but Ryanair have, or at least had, a very clever marketing tool that logs the fact your internet address is trawling flights and prices and will up the price if you keep looking.
The reasoning is that you are interested and will probably pay the extra now as you're concerned that if you don't book soon the price may go up again.
So, try and do your searching at a mates house or an internet cafe and then go back home and book there at the initial offered price.
A few friends used to do exactly this to get round it, and it worked.
And PS. Before I get issued with a writ it may not have been Ryanair, but if it wasn't them it was someone similar.

I am sure BA and Easyjet do the same.

Tim have you got any mates in the states, if you have it will be worth your while getting them to book all your flights even those from the UK to the States, in the UK a Heathrow to JFK flight is around about £100ish more expensive for the identical flight purchased in the US, no doubt the internal flights would be cheaper if purchased from the US as well.

Tim have you got any mates in the states, if you have it will be worth your while getting them to book all your flights even those from the UK to the States, in the UK a Heathrow to JFK flight is around about £100ish more expensive for the identical flight purchased in the US, no doubt the internal flights would be cheaper if purchased from the US as well.

Good idea, I have a mate in LA:thumb

5th
Manchester-Chicago 10.40 - 13.05
Chicago-Knoxville 16.15 -18.45

27th
Alberquerque - Chicago 08.15 - 11.55
Chicago - Manchester 18.10 - 07.45

£874 all in:eek::eek:

£100 more but several nights less accomodation and it's more local to me.

Back
Top Bottom