OK..... I'm in !! Scorpa purchased, delivered.

Grizz

EXCITED MEMBER...!!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Firstly, a massive heartfelt Thank You to Jon "Lebowski" for letting me test ride the Scorpa a whole Wobbler days worth on Saturday and riding with me and coaching me, so much so that between him and Chris they assured at least 5 clear yellow sections for me. (one took about 15 tries in total on my own after they moved on and I chose to stay)

Jon and I had been speaking about me buying his older bike off him as he has a Beta Rev3 now that his confidence and skill has improved so much after a year on the Scorpa.

On Saturday he brought it 80 miles to a great venue about 25 miles from my home to test out and decide if I really wanted to buy it..... I know only one other guy who is that set on a buyer being sure and happy that they want to proceed, and that is Myself.

Today he drove 60 miles with his van to my place to deliver the bike and chat about it and how to keep it in top fettle. Have I mentioned the guy is a bit obsessive about his toys being in tip top condition ?

The deal was done, now I need to start to learn how to ride it and enjoy it.

Sure you have seen many Scorpa's before, but now this is MINE !!

2003 model SY250cc Scorpa, with Yamaha motor, in very good condition.

Any advice or tips on maintenance, riding, transporting etc greatly welcomed.

P1010595.jpg

P1010598.jpg

You'll need to be striking up a good relationship with Nigel Birket in Cumbria, he'll look after you :thumb

That looks cleaner than when I last saw it!

It's certainly cleaner than my Beta....

Enjoy it (at last!)

:)

Jon

That's a fancy "start gate" on the "section" behind the bike :bounce1

Bike was promptly removed from "her garden and lawn" after pic was taken, when she saw it there.

Hence second pic being taken on driveway :augie:augie:augie

Would be a limited section, but dies have a 3foot drop beind the bushes onto concrete in front of garage.

Other side looke like this. :D

P1010539.jpg

Bike was promptly removed from "her garden and lawn" after pic was taken, when she saw it there.

Hence second pic being taken on driveway :augie:augie:augie

Would be a limited section, but dies have a 3foot drop beind the bushes onto concrete in front of garage.

Other side looke like this. :D

No problem mate, just make sure you pull a nice big wheelie off the top and she'll land nicely...... nice big run off area too....

We'll have a go next time?

:)

You don't deserve Nicola you know............................

...................she's too good for you:D.

Dave Copper bike rack - I've got one of those that may be available:augie:augie

Nice looking bike. Very neat. Very clean.
:drool

I might be interested in that is it for a 4x4 or ordinary car?:mmmm

I suspect you could add them to any tow hitch,as ong as you fit the adaptor plate to bolt it to.

I did think of getting one, but at the moment my trailer is getting a make over, so hopefully it will be enough.

I thought I may as well run this thread as a thread related to the bike and our evolution.

Today I finished painting the outside of the house a new colour, and also did the second coat of wood oil on the deck, followed by painting the facias white with enamel paint.

After this I was a bit bored and thought it would look good if I used the white enamel paint brush I had used to paint all the facia boards and plant hangers around the house to paint the bike trailer white as well.

Not a great colour for trials, but good for visibility.

I ordered a towbar for Nicola's Peugeot 1007 this week, to be home fitted next Wednesday. Then I will be able to get to venues over weekends and possibly through the week while I continue to look for a job.

Of course, typically, once at the garage my head started whiring, and I thought why not weld in a small support so that I can load and strap down the bike on my own when going riding or afterwards.

A quick dig behind the shed got me some angle iron, and a different pile of scrap gave me a piece of heavy guage steel that looked like the right size. One angle grinder session later, it was clean and the very old nut and bolt that went through the hole was cut off.

I welded the lot together, found a small offcut of 12mm marine ply, still left over from the Teardrop Trailer build, cut that to fit, drilled it and added a couple of gutter bolts to hold it in place. This will be perfect to put my cup of coffee and sandwich into when parked up between sections, or a helmet etc.

After this I flipped the trailer over, painted the underside, then the topside.

Will add the lightboard suitably reinforced tomorrow.

So still not had time to practice riding the bike, as there was lets say a potentially unsavoury workforce excavating and laying a new driveway and parking for my neighbour this week, and I prefer not to show off, or make too much noise when there are eager ears and eyes out there...... IYKWIM

Getting the bike onto the trailer with a log support and blocks to stop the wheels turning.

P1010602.jpg

Balanced as it should when I want to tie it down with the ratchets.

P1010604.jpg

Preparing one of the support pieces, self portrait again.

P1010605.jpg

Support and plate welded in.

P1010607.jpg

Nicola came down to see if I had managed to cut anything off, or weld myself to the chassis and took a pic of the progress.

P1010613.jpg

Done...... Paint still very wet, and small table in place, note recess if you can where the side stand will tuck into.

P1010619.jpg

Hopefully I will get the bike started over the weekend and practice my fine motor skills.

In the mean time I again feel the need to mention the fact that I have the good fortune to have a wife who actively encourages me to enjoy the bike, and am hugely thankfull, even though I am sure I will "Pay up some time"

I also need to dismantle some pallets and cut a railway sleeper to create and build a few simple obstacles.

Thats all folks.

...................she's too good for you:D.

Dave Copper bike rack - I've got one of those that may be available:augie:augie

Nice looking bike. Very neat. Very clean.
:drool

PS: Kevin, I know she is too good for me, but if you do not tell, I can continue to reap the benefit, and you can stay my friend......:D

Trailer done,

Next up, dismantle a few pallets and a sleeper and build a few small obstacles.

Pics later if I remember to take them.

IMAG1323.jpg

Another weekend gone.

After doing a load of domestic stuff this morning, I got to the garage by about 12 o'clock to start creating some obstacles to play and practice the basics on.

A Circular saw, a bag of mixed, used nails and some new nails, along with broken pallets and some bits of timber from when I broke out a dry wall just before Christmas resulted in these by about 5pm.

Bike in the picture just for perspective.

There is a small adjustabe "beam" on the front right, then right rear has a rocking ramp, which also flops over to create two "potholes" to get through and over. The blue ramp on the left reat is adjustable and can be used in various ways to practice less and more ambitious moves on the bike when I feel confident enough. The four upright pins are markers for doing figure 8's and fine motor control. the large sleeper is obviously also moveable and to try ride over at dead slow pace. Lastly a small wedge of railway sleeper for me to start on and to try "bunny hops" over.

P1010626.jpg

It's going to end in tears:D

Spend the time riding lock to lock figure of eights slooooowly:aidan

It's going to end in tears:D

Spend the time riding lock to lock figure of eights slooooowly:aidan

Why are you and Woodsie telling me the same thing ?

Am I missing a vital clue ??

Figure eights and slow throttle controll are very high on the agenda.

Why are you and Woodsie telling me the same thing ?

Am I missing a vital clue ??

Figure eights and slow throttle controll are very high on the agenda.

It's because we don't want tomorrow's photo to be of you in A&E with a nail in your head:D

Back
Top Bottom