Am I alone in thinking this is gorgeous?

redundant black tool tube.

I ordered a twalcom today based on the door having larger opening with volume of 3.5 L and black anodised with 2 keys.

both look well made,but when i spotted the Twalcom I was like a boy in a sweet shop.

Always saying to the misses this is it, NO more toys for the bike...must keep it classified now on..

Now what can i do with that tractor manual tube thingy...:nenau

I ordered a twalcom today based on the door having larger opening with volume of 3.5 L and black anodised with 2 keys.

The Twalcom one is made from ABS (hard plastic) not anodised metal....it's the brackets that are anodised I think.

Both look good....I'm guessing the Talcom one might be lighter?

My only reservation with these is making cleaning a whole lot harder.....but I'd live with that. :thumb2

The Twalcom one is made from ABS (hard plastic) not anodised metal....it's the brackets that are anodised I think.

Both look good....I'm guessing the Talcom one might be lighter?

My only reservation with these is making cleaning a whole lot harder.....but I'd live with that. :thumb2

Plastic ABS even better then,you see I got so excited I didn't even read the details just clicked the buy now button.:drool

Plastic ABS even better then,you see I got so excited I didn't even read the details just clicked the buy now button.:drool

Would be good to see some pics when you get it, and some fitted, and you're impressions......though I already think you're in love. :augie

:thumb2

+1 obviously the deaf leading the blind leading the naked in here, all waving credit cards

Each to their own I guess :nenau

Personally I don't like tankbags....they're carried too high, encourage you to carry things you don't need, and are right in your way all the time, so I'd never have one......but then I don't see anything wrong with those who do.

I think these are a practical and discreet way to carry items that don't need to be removed from the panniers often/or only in an emergency, or potentially problematic items, such as oil, that might spill.

But what do I know?.....

i have tt frames but we sold out today:blast
got more on order:D

we also do a kit for ktm riders
bike.jpg

:augie

Attachments

• 190835_10150544758615529_795390528_17914607_3324903_o.jpg
    190835_10150544758615529_795390528_17914607_3324903_o.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 501
Edventure,

What are the external dimensions of your GSemotion case? How thick is the metal?

How good do the door seal, hinge, and locking mechanism appear?

How tamper proof is the mounting bracket?

Thanks,

M1Tanker

Tool case arrived today and fitted in 10 mins. Appears to be well made and clamps solidly to the frame so no chance of a rattle against the pannier. Plenty room inside for a decent tool roll and a fair bit more besides.

Anyone with a GSemotion case,

What are the external dimensions of your GSemotion case? How thick is the metal?

How good do the door seal, hinge, and locking mechanism appear?

How tamper proof is the mounting bracket?

Thanks,

M1Tanker

External dimensions are easy judged from the photographs on Lorenzo's site but if you need exact I can get the measuring tape out. The metal looks like about twice the thickness as the GSA panniers if not slightly thicker and is anodised so won't show corrosion. The mounting bracket screws have a thread cut in the metal and show no sign of stripping when done up as tight as I could get with the force available in a small hex key so it is not poor quality material. The mounting bolts also have vibration proof lock nuts on the inside of the unit which if you are worried about someone tampering with the mount could be glued in place but with the lock nuts done up as tight as I could get them the mounting bolts could not be turned from the outside with the hex key I had.

The lock will not come open inadvertently and the hasp takes a good grip inside the box. It is however a small lightweight lock and would not withstand a serious attempt with a screwdriver. The door seals ok but because of where the unit is I would expect some water to get in if riding in very wet conditions but so far it is keeping the water out. Door seal hinges are good quality but only pop riveted on rather than bolted but I suppose that makes then more resistant to removal from the outside without a drill.

When mounted to the pannier rails it is solid with no sign of shake or rattle and overall the unit looks smart and would probably cost about 3 times as much if made by TT. The only slight flaw I could find was the way the door opens it is a squeeze between the UK numberplate and the mounting rail of the panniers which over time might take its toll on the seal of the door but this is a very minor bug in what is otherwise a very functional piece of kit.

If you have big hands and short fingers you will struggle to reach right inside the box. I had to take my watch off to get right inside doing up the lock nuts and I have pretty small hands and wrist.

If you are thinking of one and have queries give Lorenzo a shout on the email address on his site. He will get back to you quickly and is keen to help. I notice the advert on this site has gone but the web address of his site is http://www.bmwgsemotion.com/indexing.html

Regarding the above I have had another look at the box while more awake and the gauge of metal is the same as the GSA pannier not thicker as I first thought.

Bennysdad,

Thanks for your detailed response. I am curious about the dimensions because I'm trying to see what length of tire irons will fit inside.

Thanks again.

I stuck a tape inside today. You would get a 30cm bar lying flat on the longest bit of the floor. You could get 32cm if you have it lying against the bottom front of the box and the top of the door but that would make it difficult to use the rest of the space properly. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 334
Those of you who have the GSemotion box, does it contact the brake caliper or plastic crud catcher. Since you have had these for a while do you still find them to be good?

Back
Top Bottom