'Go Cruise' Throttle Control

I've had mine now for about 3 weeks, used it recently on a trip down though Spain and back I have to say it is a very good piece of kit, so easy to use and great for carriageways / motorways... just a simple push of the finger and its set...

The only thing I found is that i had to slightly ever so slightly over accelerate a fraction and then set it so it would sit at the right revs, other than that its perfect.

As an alternative..

but also mentioned earlier, I chose to go for the Jaws throttle lock.

Great price, well made and looks almost standard equipment.

Reasonably easy to install, tho' on first fitment the throttle was locked all the time - a quick look revealed that it was slightly shorter in o/a length than the standard bar-end, luckily I had a nylon washer that could not have been a more perfect fit if it had been supplied with it (hint: Jaws may wish to consider doing this as I have read previously of this phenomenum), my second choice was going to be a sump plug crush washer, also the right size.

Before delivery, I had been thinking about the design and assumed that the locking ring was on a left hand thread so that on rolling off would disengaged the lock but in actual fact it isnt, disengagement occurs by rolling the 'ring towards you with ya' pinkie.

A quick bimble showed it to be very effective and by about the forth time I set it, I had already got the feel of how much to squeeze the grip to achieve alocked throttle but with the ability to fine tune the positon of the throttle without having to disengage/re-engage the lock.

It is a lot of metal for the money and I cannot see it being any less efective thqat the rather much more expensive Kaoko version.

Well recommended:beerjug:

I've been using one over the past week or so and it works well. I recommend using the rubber band though as it slips for me on the 1200's heated grips.

SY

youve been watching to much blue peter.nice,but we have money to burn dont we.:augie

Last edited:
Used my Go Cruise in anger last week for a trip of over 2,000Km to Gap and back. Excellent bit of kit that made the inevitable autoroutes less of an ordeal. Simply being able to move the right arm in the breeze after an hour of grinding down the autoroute was lovely.

Richard

First run with mine today, did not do many straight roads, but gave it a few tests and it seems to work OK, should definately help on the long runs through France.

got mine today,fitted it in a few minutes,right hand bar weight bolt had to come out to fit rubber band on without cutting it,will report weather its any good later.:bounce1

well,tested it and in my humble opinion for 15£ it is an excellent bit of kit.:beerjug::beer:

hi gunznbomz,it was just sutty not sooty09 hope you got your callipers sorted good bloke rudie.

Go Cruise Universal Throttle Control

For info, Just found the same item on sportouring.com
Product Code: gocruise1
Description: The new Go Cruise throttle control is an amazingly clever, simple and elegant solution to relieving stress on your wrist on long rides.
Price: £19.95
+ P&P £4.75

Swervature

For info, Just found the same item on sportouring.com
Product Code: gocruise1
Description: The new Go Cruise throttle control is an amazingly clever, simple and elegant solution to relieving stress on your wrist on long rides.
Price: £19.95
+ P&P £4.75

Buy and p&p for £16 from my link. http://www.2wheelride.com/index.html <----------

Fitted within a minute with added zip tie for security.

p6250167.jpg

p6250168.jpg

:beerjug:

I've got a Jaws throttle lock but after 2000kms last week I couldn't get on with it so I'm about to order one of these as a replacement. Do I need to order the small for a 1150GS?

I've got a Jaws throttle lock but after 2000kms last week I couldn't get on with it so I'm about to order one of these as a replacement. Do I need to order the small for a 1150GS?

Small for the 1200GSA, so possibly also for the 1150GS. Bloke in the States wot sold me mine replied very quickly to my emai asking which one tobuy.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom