'Go Cruise' Throttle Control

A mate of mine just bought one for his 1150 but says it dis engages due to the engine vibration so wasnt much good for him :nenau

A mate of mine just bought one for his 1150 but says it dis engages due to the engine vibration so wasnt much good for him :nenau

Did he go to the trouble of removing the bar end to allow fitment of the 'elastic band'? He could also use a partially tightened cable tie to increase the grip (as shown by GunZenBomZ)

Richard

Small for the 1200GSA, so possibly also for the 1150GS. Bloke in the States wot sold me mine replied very quickly to my emai asking which one tobuy.

Richard

Small it is. Got mine today, fitted it and gave it a whirl...great idea whoever came up with it :thumb2

I've just fitted the Touratech one. It's a bar end weight. Looks much tidier than this one, but costs quite a bit more.:hide

I've just fitted the Touratech one. It's a bar end weight. Looks much tidier than this one, but costs quite a bit more.:hide

My previous throttle lock (on the 1150GS) was a unit which replaced the bar-end weight. The biggest problem I found with it was the way that it tightened as the throttle was closed. It was also much more difficult than the plastic thing to set

Richard

Update on Ordering Go-Cruise Throttle Control

Hi - yes I know its a first post but I have been lurking for a while.
Anyway I tried to order 2 of the Go-Cruise throttle controls from the states today - $40 (near enough and at the exchange rate I got it was £25.13- all went well till my Paypal account was credited for the same amount. No longer shipping to non US territories blah blah see international dealers etc. So onto the UK dealer - Sportouring - http://www.sportouring.com/gallery.php?sectionHeaderActive=1000&rangeChoosen=626 (hope the linky works!) and guess what £19.95 EACH! PLUS near as dammit £5 P&P - i don't have a problem with people making money but...... at almost 100% markup just for posting something out am a bit peeved to say the least. Anyway rant over time for another beer:beer:

Last edited:
Yep, they're taking the piss mate, especially with £5 postage... it'll probably cost no more than £2 to send! :mad: But they're still cheaper, and probably better, than all the other throttle locks available. :beerjug:

I am probably going to win the thicko of the year award for this question but how well does it work when you have to suddenly shut the throttle ?

Seems you get to the cruising speed you want, move the throttle control forward to set the speed, but what if a deer/old granny/you name it leaps out in front of you. In a millisecond are you expected to put your finger under it and move it back up to slow down ?

When you twist the throttle closed the thing just slips on the grip, you only use your finger to set it against the brake lever after twisting the throttle open.

Pictures

C'mon then get some pics and spec up so we can see how you've much improved it and you might get an order or two !

Well happy with mine after a 3k tour :thumb

Just makes riding more comfy not having to grip the throttle to keep the power on, I did all the motorway miles using it and the combination of being able to take hands of bars and not gripping so hard completely eliminated numb hands (which I normally suffer from on long runs)

Well worth £10 / £20 or whatever you pay for a working solution

Throttle mate

C'mon then get some pics and spec up so we can see how you've much improved it and you might get an order or two !

This is the CAD drawing as you can see from the pic it has teeth,were it holds the grip,to help it not to slip as the some others do quite easy.
Im sorry but i am trying to understand how to upload photos on this site URL ????? if you email me i can send more pics.
I have now received my order from the moulding compony and nearly ready to start sales.I will be trying to keep the cost down so no fancy packaging.

jkclive@ntlworld.com

Attachments

• IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 355
throttle mate

hi all

I have had one of those throttle mates of jason and they work very well
and easy to fit great on moterways

thanks jason
:thumb

I've got one of Jaw's bar end cruise controls and I think that it is the dogs bollocks. Fabulous on motorways and you can use it with muffs, which you certainly cant with the stuff on this thead :rob

I find JKs a lot easier to use than the bar end ones, haven't used muffs but if you have hand guards and muffs there shouldn't be a problem

I've had the Jaws type on both GSAs and found them great, but this looks a little easier to operate and disengage, and wont be affected by heated grips.
I will be placing my order soon with jkclive.

Buy British :thumb

Back
Top Bottom